+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Restaurants

Re: Restaurants

If anyone is ever in the Niagra region of Ontario and wants a real treat, this place gets rave reviews. I have been to the restaurant twice, and have never been disappointed. It is a bit pricey, but great for special occasions. I noticed they have recipes to download as well:

Inn on the Twenty

If anyone's ever in Old Forge, NY, Frankie's Taste of Italy is the best Italian I have ever had:

Frankies's ~ "Taste of Italy" ~ Old Forge, NY
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

MRD

I like Chili's a lot, but we dont' have one convenient to us anynore and there's so many other good places that are closer. Before we moved, we ate at Chili's probably 2-3 times a month at least.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The only problem with Chili's is the wait. There is always a line of people waiting to be seated.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I don't care for corporate cookie cutter restaurants very much. The place I manage is a family owned, cook from scratch restaurant. We do use frozen pies and cakes though.
    There was a place in Cleveland, Frank and Paulys, that opened a restaurant here. Absolutely the best Italian I've ever had. They closed up here but kept the one open in Cleveland. I used to eat there whenever I went to a Browns or Indians game. I just googled it and it's now a banquet house.

We don't have Red Lobster around here, because there are SO Many local Sea Food places that are WAY better... I like to go to The Union Oyster House or Jimmie's Harborside when in Boston... Some of the best fried seafood in the region can be had at a place called "Bob's Clam Hut" that is literally on the side of the road in Kittery ME.

Same with Olive Garden... It's good... But there are SO many GREAT Italian places around here that in my neighborhood it's never my first choice... But if I'm out of town and not familiar with the area? I know what I'm getting at the Olive Garden!
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

There are so many but I will start with a small Italian restaurant in Noe Valley in San Francisco called Lupa. It opened a week after 9/11 and although they struggled in the beginning their business finally picked up. They bake their own bread, make their own pasta and the sauces are to die for. One of my favorites is a pasta with eggplant, tomatoes and smoked mozzarella. I love their homemade papparadelle so I always ask to substitute in anything I order. Of course they offer dishes other than pasta like rack of lamb, steak and seafood dishes. The prices are unbelievably reasonable for the quality of food they offer. I have to say there is something about the bread, it's dense but chewy and it has a little salty flavor. I've tried to replicate it but I just can't do it. Ok, I just talked myself into going tomorrow night, I just made a reservation!

MRD

I just found out that one of my favorite resturants is having a special every Sat. in Sept.
    for $14.95 a person. 3 courses. Not bad at all. I can't wait to go. I LOVE their fried lasagna. It's regular lasagna but instead of the noodles being on the inside, the stuff is inside a type of pasta shell and then it's coated in a cornmeal/flour batter and fried. It is to DIE FOR!!!

Here is the entree choices. You get salad, entree and dessert and cornbread for that price.

Chilean Sea Bass
    Lemon Pepper Salmon
    Blackened/Fried Catfish
    Southern Fried Lasagna
    Chicken Alfredo Pasta
    Shrimp&Cheese Grits
    Chicken Epitome
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I'm not a big fan of chain restaurants - fine for a quick lunch with the kids, but when I get the opportunity to actually go out for dinner, I never choose a chain.

A local steakhouse I love is right over the NY border in NJ
    The Porter House in Montvale, NJ | The Porter House Restaurant, The Porter House Irish Pub, Montvale NJ, Montvale New Jersey, Irish pubs in NJ, Irish pubs in New Jersey, NJ Irish pubs, New Jersey Irish pubs, restaurants in Bergen County, Bergen Count

The best steaks - YUM (PRICEY though!)

I also love
    The River Club

which has a great view of the Hudson River

Now I'm hungry

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;3189070;
    If anyone's ever in Old Forge, NY, Frankie's Taste of Italy is the best Italian I have ever had:

Frankies's ~ "Taste of Italy" ~ Old Forge, NY

LUCY! Do I know you?! haha. That's funny. I am from Old forge, and Frankies was always a favorite of ours. I now live about 2 hours away.
    Last week I was visiting husband at work and I overheard his boss talking about the vacation he had just taken, and how he was in love with Frankies right down to wanting to have the pictures off the walls.

Have you ever tried "The Old Mill" in Old forge? The soups are all home made there and brought to your table in large crocks. Husband and I would fill up on the soup salad and bread and then get our dinners to go The prime rib, duck with cherries and escargots were especially nice.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread