+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Restaurants

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Restaurants

We're going to Orlando in a couple of weeks, and decided to splurge and have dinner one evening at Emeril's. The menu looks great.

Please send money!!!!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4051289;
    We're going to Orlando in a couple of weeks, and decided to splurge and have dinner one evening at Emeril's. The menu looks great.

Please send money!!!!

The check is in the mail!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4051289;

Please send money!!!!
    I hear there's a Nigerian prince who will send you lots of money if you send him your bank account info ...

Have fun!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4051467;
    I hear there's a Nigerian prince who will send you lots of money if you send him your bank account info ...

Have fun!
    I heard from him several months ago, but nothing since I declined to send him the requested information . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4051377;
    The check is in the mail!!!
    This former Marylander appreciates your participation!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Outback now ranks at the bottom of my list and not for the food, but for the service. The server forgot half the drink order, didn't put in the entree order until we were there 40+ minutes, at which point they'd run out of the prime rib 2 of my party ordered, and then when the food finally arrived, they put blue cheese dressing on my steak salad when I specified that blue cheese dressing makes me sick and requested ranch, which the server assured me was a possible substitute. Once they fixed the salad, the food was actually pretty good--the steaks were cooked properly and tasted great. Then I overheard the same server convince the adjacent table that there was no such thing as a strawberry margarita. Maybe they can't make them at Outback, but several of the biggest local Mexican restaurants serve them. I knew there was a reason I hadn't been to Outback in over 10 years!

I've got to keep an eye out for Flemming's prime rib special now; they're pricier, but when they have the special, they most definitely have prime rib in stock.

I hear ya! I'm still mad about the time I ordered the avocado salad at South of the Border and it came with no avocados. When I complained the server said none of the avocados they had were ripe. I told her she should have told me that when I ordered it. It wasn't like the restaurant was busy. We were there at an off time and there were maybe 2 or 3 other tables. They still charged me full price. That's the ONLY time I've refused to leave a tip.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I hear ya! I'm still mad about the time I ordered the avocado salad at South of the Border and it came with no avocados. When I complained the server said none of the avocados they had were ripe. I told her she should have told me that when I ordered it. It wasn't like the restaurant was busy. We were there at an off time and there were maybe 2 or 3 other tables. They still charged me full price. That's the ONLY time I've refused to leave a tip.
    That's when the server is supposed to return to your table and tell you, so that you have the option to order something else. Not only would I have not left a tip, I would have been speaking with the manager. You're nicer than I am - I would have insisted on a discount as well. There's no excuse for lazy service!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Sometimes I have trouble being assertive in the moment. In retrospect, I should have sent it back and ordered something else, or just eaten the complimentary tortilla chips and salsa.
    Count your blessings!

I have always thought Outback was way overrated. Everytime I have eaten there I didn't think the quality of food was that good.
    pikachu likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread