+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Restaurants

Re: Restaurants

lol, i went to seattle and ate at the space needle a few weeks ago. it was a nice experience (well, for the rest of my group it was - - i happened to be one of the very few number of people that got motion sickness from the restaurant, lol) . . . . the food was good, nothing to jump up and down about. i had crab cakes and a spinach salad. the salad was really good. my friend had the short ribs - they were delicious! another friend had a steak that was pretty good.

i really liked the lavender butter tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3504087;
    I haven't been to Burgermaster in years, however I know the locations of multiple ones in the Seattle area (including right in the thick of Aurora, ahem). I am definitely a fan of made-to-order stuff. I had Chipotle today for the first time in several months and well, let's just say that if I ate nothing but Chipotle for the rest of my life, I would be a happy camper. Granted, they aren't the healthiest, but I go vegetarian, with no guacamole or sour cream, double black beans, and so forth. I can't resist the chips though-made fresh many times a day.

I think part of the appeal of the chain restaurants is that they tend to be more oriented for the family. They don't care as much about a gourmet meal; they want somewhere that the whole family could go. Also they are good for travelers, who want to eat at a restaurant but don't know about the good local ones, and don't want to search. When we always went to Birch Bay (a sleepy little town just south of the border) we always went to the various restaurants in the area, because there weren't many, or any, chains in the area. We would go to the Pig & Pancake when we were in Seaside (on the Oregon coast)-they're a north Oregon-based chain that is like a Denny's and your choice of casual restaurant, but better (they had a full espresso bar service to the table, so back when we went-I was still eating fish at that time-I had fish & chips and a coconut white mocha for breakfast). We always ask about where the great local restaurants are.

That being said, when in Seattle do NOT eat at the Space Needle restaurant. You're essentially paying for the view, because the food is abysmal. It's just north of downtown and you can catch the monorail (or the 3 or 4 bus) into downtown, where unlimited food opportunities await.

oh no! say it isn't so! mrs. wilkes used to be soooooooooooooo good. we spent a few summers in savannah when we were kids and LOVED mrs. wilkes.

there was this other place that i can't remember the name of in savannah that had the BEST burgers and homemade potato chips.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3505284;
    I can vouch that it was good before Paula Deen became a big deal, and there were even lots of things to eat that, while not likely the healthiest, were not overly buttered, greasy, etc. and it was very, very, good.
    Unfortunately that always seems to be what happens when restaurant owners become 'stars' the way they are today.
    Mrs. Wilkes boarding House was always really good in Savannah as well, until it became nationally known. Now, it's the same story as lady and Sons-- a tourist trap.

T.G.I. Friday's: 3-Course Meal

WOW! Just find the T.G.I. Friday's: 3-Course Meal, only $13 bucks, includes a starter, entre, and dessert.
    Wonder get it this weekend!
    Last edited by walkvideo; 01-13-2010 at 12:25 AM.

MRD

Re: T.G.I. Friday's: 3-Course Meal

Quote Originally Posted by walkvideo;3795035;
    WOW! Just find the T.G.I. Friday's: 3-Course Meal, only $13 bucks, includes a starter, entre, and dessert.
    Wonder get it this weekend!
    We just did the one at Chili's and it was a big disappointment. The entrees are very small and some of the appetizer's are half their regular size. My husband left still hungry.
    Feel that we would have been better off ordering from the regular menu. Getting an app to split, 2 entrees and skipping dessert like we usually do I think wouldn't have been that much more money and we would have both had enough to eat.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

i like

Adhirih Restaurant, Turkish Restaurant

Thank you allot for this topic

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3795271;
    We just did the one at Chili's and it was a big disappointment. The entrees are very small and some of the appetizer's are half their regular size. My husband left still hungry.
    Feel that we would have been better off ordering from the regular menu. Getting an app to split, 2 entrees and skipping dessert like we usually do I think wouldn't have been that much more money and we would have both had enough to eat.
    The main reason why I don't do those sorts of meals is that they rarely ever have a vegetarian-friendly option that I will actually eat. I avoid most of those casual restaurants anyway, but I do admit that I love the Cheesecake Factory-not just for the cheesecake, but the fact that I can get two small plates and that fills me up like a meal.

Here in Seattle, one of the biggest things as far as restaurants go is the happy hour-many spots do two a day! I personally would rather go happy hour with my boyfriend as opposed to a sit-down dinner, because I can eat smaller portions more easily, I can sit in a bar away from bratty kids, and the deals are outrageous. Even at some of the chain restaurants (ie Azteca) there are still great deals to be had, even for someone like myself who avoids alcohol like the plague.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3822118;
    . . . Here in Seattle, one of the biggest things as far as restaurants go is the happy hour-many spots do two a day! I personally would rather go happy hour with my boyfriend as opposed to a sit-down dinner, because I can eat smaller portions more easily, I can sit in a bar away from bratty kids, and the deals are outrageous. . .
    My husband and I, more and more, prefer going to a wine bar at happy hour and have a meal of a few small plates/appetizers. We prefer the smaller portions, but we don't like all the fried stuff. We've found that the wine bars here have the best variety of healthy small-plate options. Along with great prices. And wine. And NO kids!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I do like fried stuff every once in awhile, but it's harder when you are vegetarian because more often than not, it's going to be fried stuff because I can't eat salads (can't swallow the lettuce plain, and can't do any dressings except for my homemade dijon sauce or a teriyaki sauce).
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Which is why the wine bars are so good for happy hours -- not much fried stuff, and lots more creativity than just salads!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Recently went back to my hometown in Florida and ate at what I consider to be the best BBQ restaurant in the world. It was heaven. About the ONLY thing I miss about that place.
    And I had all my old favorites. Ribs, potato salad and garlic bread. I have eaten at some fine Italian resturants, but yet none of them have ever had garlic bread like this old Southern BBQ joint.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread