+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Restaurants

MRD

Re: Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3560004;
    I've eaten at Applebee's. Fate was kind to your parents.P.S. Bouncers, etc., who card me get great tips!
    I feel the same way. There is something that Applebee's uses in their food that my daughter and I can't eat. We both end up with upset stomach about 30 minutes later. Fortunately I don't have to eat at Applebee's now, but where we lived before, it was one of our very few choices, but after a couple times of eating there and then getting sick, we figured it had to be a food additive that we must be allergic too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

My ongoing pet peeve with Applebee's is the NUMBER of menus they hand you when you sit down at your table. And they are so busy as to be nearly unreadable. I tend to order the same thing most of the time, but they have so many variations of how you can order it that it just annoys me. Oh, you want the $7.99 unlimited? Sorry, it's after 3:00; you can't have that. Okay, how about you don't hand me a menu that I can't order from?

I actually went into their customer feedback survey and suggested they go to a Cheesecake Factory to find out how a menu should be done. It is pages and pages, but all spiral bound, well-organized, and easy to read.

Okay, done ranting.

My parents weren't looking for a fine dining experience at Applebees
    They's been driving all day, were tired and just wanted a beer and quick dinner. Applebees was within walking distance so they didn't have to get back in the car. At first, they thought it was funny that they got asked for ID, until the waitress refused to serve them. They do look young for their age, but not FIFTY years younger!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3561947;
    They's been driving all day, were tired and just wanted a beer and quick dinner. Applebees was within walking distance so they didn't have to get back in the car. At first, they thought it was funny that they got asked for ID, until the waitress refused to serve them. They do look young for their age, but not FIFTY years younger!
    When I was a lot younger, I alway got carded and, yes, it was flattering. After a while, though, you forget about the flattering part. You just want to sit down and drink and eat and not have to go through a whole bunch of cr*p just to do it.
    And, while many 70 yr olds would at first enjoy the novelty, I'm sure that it, too, would wear off pretty quickly. Especialloy when you're tired and you just want to it down and eat.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Slightly off topic as this didn't happen at a restaurant - but last night at the movie theater in LA, I was carded to get into The Hangover. Ooookaaay.... I'm 20 years over the minimum age for a rated R flick, but whatever. The funny part was when the guy saw what year I was born. Quite the double take. I wanted to say something about being old enough to be his mother - but let it go. You just gotta laugh. Although, I would have been quite pissed had I been Doxie's parents at Applebees. Just give me a damn beer already... sheesh.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Opposite thing happened to me when going to a movie a couple of months ago. I asked for a "senior" ticket and was sweetly informed by the lady behind the counter that I had to be at least 60 for that ticket. Actually, I was complimented that she didn't think I was old enough to get a senior ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3561947;
    Did your parents ask to speak to the manager? I would have been so angry if I had to get up and find another place to eat! I wonder if they had recently been busted for serving underage patrons and were on some type of warning or something...who knows....but it was totally unacceptable. I probably would have written a letter. I have only eaten there once, I think in Nashville, and I think the food was ok....if I remember I had grilled salmon on a Caeser Salad....I don't think we have one here in SF.

There are several places out here in the Gaslamp Quarter and the beach areas that were busted for serving under-21s; they've gotten paranoid about the double-whammy of serving under-21s and possible threats of age-discrimination lawsuits (which wouldn't stand up, but they're annoying), so they've developed a blanket policy of carding everyone, no matter how young or old they look.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

The nice thing is that when I go to the bar I go to with my mum, I never get carded, however they've known me for years and it was a HUGE deal when I went there on my 21st. The dinner waiter who my parents are the coolest with was the one to card me in a symbolic fashion and it was quite funny. I definitely look underage though so I wouldn't be surprised if I get carded at R-rated movies.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3565731;
    There are several places out here in the Gaslamp Quarter and the beach areas that were busted for serving under-21s; they've gotten paranoid about the double-whammy of serving under-21s and possible threats of age-discrimination lawsuits (which wouldn't stand up, but they're annoying), so they've developed a blanket policy of carding everyone, no matter how young or old they look.
    I live in Del Mar California and here and San Diego the police crackdown on Bars, restaurants and Liquor stores that don't card. A few places have been shutdown before for not carding people regardless of age. So I think the business is being safe than sorry. I am 46 and I don't look my age, yet I do get carded even though I am obviously over 21 when I go to the Gaslamp district in San Diego.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread