+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Restaurants

Re: Restaurants

^I haven't seen that show, but I saw the Man vs. Food that was here in Seattle, and I haven't been to any of those places. Red Mill is way out of the way for me, I can't eat anything at the Crab Pot, and I've been wanting to go to Beth's for awhile but I can make a decent enough omelette at home.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

i am going to a chain restaurant thursday, The Melting Pot. Its my friends birthday and she has always wanted to try it. I have never had fondue so Im interested.

Our son gave hubby and I a gift card for the Melting Pot. We were going to go one time, maybe for our anniversary or his bday, but my son said that reservations are definitely needed.

We have yet to decide which night would be a good night to check it out.

Please let me know how you liked it, and what you ended up eating. I think they have different combinations of appetizers, main courses, and desserts.

MRD

I've been to the Melting Pot several times and we've always enjoyed ourselves. Don't be in a hurry. It's a place where you get to savor your experience. If they still do the green goddess stuffed mushrooms, that you then batter and "fry", get those. I have never had a better stuffed mushroom. I think they came as part of the combo we ordered.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My parents were on a road trip recently and, even though they rarely eat at chain restaurants, they went to Applebees because it was right next to their hotel. They ordered Fajitas and 2 beers and the waitress asked them for ID!!! They are 70. They have white hair. They are clearly over the legal drinking age. They actually thought that she was joking. She was not. She would NOT serve them. Mom had left her purse (and ID - cause she hasn't had to show that for 40 years) in the hotel room. They got up and left. Seriously - I understand carding someone who looks 35 or 40, but this was a little over the top! They ended up at a pizza place where they did not get carded and had a great meal!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Sometimes, people need to exercise common sense when following rules.
    Obviously, the server at Appleby's didn't have any.:nono
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I've eaten at Applebee's. Fate was kind to your parents.
    P.S. Bouncers, etc., who card me get great tips!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

That's just wrong, and your parents did the right thing, doxie.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Once my mother and I were at an outdoor music event and we went to the beer tent to get a couple of beers. They were carding everyone. No excuses. The man in front of us was just thrilled. He was in his 70's and couldn't remember the last time he'd been carded. He looked at us with a huge smile on his face and said, "wait til I tell my wife!"
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Well if you live in Sacramento, CA, or even CA I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Squeeze Inn. If you haven't gone please go now, they may not be at the classic Fruitridge location for long due to the unfortunate ADA lawsuit.
    They serve an amazing cheese burger that is cooked on a griddle surface and then they throw on a HUGE handful of cheese and a little ice, cover to melt and wah-lah, a beautiful cheddar burger skirt. I just get lettuce and mayo but to me the simpler the better, it lets the meat and cheese flavors really shine! Everything is super fresh and I also love the tacos! They deep fry them! So bad but so good!

+ Reply to Thread