+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 92 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Just Recipes

Re: Just Recipes

Left over ham bone. What do I do with it? I would like a recipe for a soup or something but not beans. thanks in advance!

Never mind! I finally got the search feature to work and saw some posts. Thanks!

My mom always makes my dad pea soup whenever she has a hambone.

She'll even stick the hambone in the freezer if she doesn't plan on making pea soup for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3759418;
    My mom always makes my dad pea soup whenever she has a hambone.

She'll even stick the hambone in the freezer if she doesn't plan on making pea soup for awhile.
    Since we have tons of leftovers, including most of the ham, I froze the hambone for a chowder later. I don't like pea soup or beans or lentils so I am limited to what I can make with it!

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;3759539;
    Since we have tons of leftovers, including most of the ham, I froze the hambone for a chowder later. I don't like pea soup or beans or lentils so I am limited to what I can make with it!
    Ham and potato soup (with onions or leeks, celery, carrots) would be great (with or without adding cream). Barley might be good in there, too!
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

I am not going to lie to you folks....I 'discovered' this forum the other day, and I have had a blast mostly just reading through the threads. I wouldn't say that I suck as a cook , but I grow flowers and analyze the dickens out situations much better than I concoct dishes.

I have made my way through this thread ( and learned to lament the fact that there is NOT one single Trader Joe's in the state of Alabama ), danced through the web site thread and landed on a great baking site ( which if I have any proclivity at all, that is it ), and started in on the old, original recipe thread.
    There I laughed my fanny off at 6 or 7 year old posts where folks were having the best of times talking back and forth, especially about "beer butt chicken". I don't know any of those folks from Adam, but what fun they were!!

All that said, somewhere in all of this stuff that I have read, someone posted a recipe for a chicken cheese ball that surely even I can do. I have a wonderful fancy little dish that is just yelling out, "Please put something on me!"

If anybody remembers where on this forum I saw that recipe and can direct me back to that recipe, I will be much indebted to you and you can feel good that you helped out someone lost!

Carryon...I stand in awe of those of you with such culinary skills.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FoRTer

I love reading those old posts, too... seemed like a little extended family. Are you looking for post #589?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3761787;
    I love reading those old posts, too... seemed like a little extended family. Are you looking for post #589?
    Whoopee!! What a sleuther! Are you sure you wouldn't like to come over to the Bachelor Spoiler Forum with us?
    We have a good time, too!

Thanks for finding that for me. I am going to the store tomorrow and make that one for the SEC Championship game on Saturday afternoon. ( Roll Tide!! - That is for Rosie, author of the recipe, who is a Gator Fan....hehe)

Since I have already confessed to being on the bottom rung of the ladder of cooks in this thread , I might as well put in my request for everyone's quick, easy and delicious recipes!!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

For NRH and anyone who has been craving stuffed cabbage since talk of it started on another thread:

Sweet and Sour Cabbage Rolls: A Stuffed Treat for Purim - or Anytime | Suite101.com

MRD

I got that chicken cheese ball from a non-cook. She makes it for everything and it's the first thing that disappears.
    It's good and I'm glad you found it. I hope you enjoy it while 'Bama gets their butts kicked tomorrow. (just a little friendly trash talk. GO GATORS!!!)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread