+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Just Recipes

Re: Just Recipes

Sunflower or pumpkin seeds (shelled, and I buy the organic unsalted/unroasted) are good in a summer salad. I try to eat a salad every day and I'll throw pretty much anything I have on hand in one, but the taste can differ hugely depending on the lettuce used. If you're just using romaine, then anything goes, but the spring mix type that mrd mentioned has some very strong-tasting greens in it, and I think simple veggies like peppers, cukes and tomatoes work best with it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

MRD

That's usually all I add to the spring mix Ajane because of all the flavors. I find most lettuce to be flavorless. I buy the organic, so they don't taste chemically. But I will not eat the baby carrots, which are not really baby carrots. I saw a program on tv and they are basically regular size carrots that are put through a machine that whittles them down to baby carrot size. But they do taste funny because they are treated with something.

I have to say I like the convenience of bagged salad, but more often than not, I buy Boston Bibb as I use that to make wraps and other things. I prefer the taste of that to anything else. I use it on sandwiches with alfafa sprouts.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I always wondered why the baby carrots didn't look like baby carrots! They look like stubs of some sort...why do that do that? Perhaps to salvage what they can from the bad looking carrots?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That would make the most sense to me, although I never would have thought of it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The Pioneer Woman site has a salad recipe that looks delicious, although I've never made it. Spinach, cabbages, noodles, garlic, cilantro, lots of other yummies:

The Pioneer Woman Cooks - Ree Drummond
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

That salad looks so yummy! I just printed out the recipe and will gather up all the ingredients when I go to the store.

That salad looks amazing, thanks for sharing it Lucy! Hubby doesn't like cilantro so I will print out the entire thing and highlight the bit she had about the few and unlucky that don't like it. Now I need to find a picnic to get myself invited to so I can try it!
    Wag more, bark less

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm not a big fan of sprouts, but I'd pray my way past them and dive right in!! Looks delightful! Who knows, I just might like them in a salad.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I definitely want a review from anyone who makes it. I'd have made it already except I didn't want to invest all that effort if I didn't like it. Although I don't see how I could NOT like it. The only thing in there I don't like is the sprouts.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

MRD

Leave the sprouts out, she said you can adjust the veggies in the recipe. I don't like bean sprouts, but I adore alfafa sprouts. I just like reading her recipes and comments and looking at the pictures. The woman is hysterical.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread