+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Just Recipes

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Just Recipes

I'd be passing on the fruit and the tomatoes and nuts. You really can't please everybody....and I can't imagine a salad without onion...that would be called 'boring' in my house!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Do you ever put arugula in your salads? I like it because even though it is lettuce it has some bite to it, kind of like pepper.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I haven't, but I'd be open to trying it! Sounds intriguing.

You know what I really hate is the salad in the bag that looks like you've gone out to the front yard and picked it.

I would also suggest crumbled bacon on your salad, Gut. I've seen very few people who don't like that. And if you're really worried about who doesn't like what, I'd put the salad out food bar style and let them make their own, otherwise...."This is my salad...take it or leave it."
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-21-2009 at 12:12 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mandarin oranges are good too and diced hard boiled egg.

I like throwing in some fresh green, "leafy" herbs in with the greens: sweet basil, cilantro, flat-leaf parsley.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My favorite salads include a couple of varieties of cheese, olives and meat with a healthy dose of marinated mushrooms and peppers.

MRD

I love that salad in the bag that is all mixed. I think they call it Spring Mix. I prefer that to any of the other varieties as it has a little bit of everything in it and I like the taste of the different lettuces and stuff.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I don't liked the bagged greens. They just taste like they have chemicals on them...I'm sure it's just my imagination. I much prefer to wash my own. It is more work but worth it for me.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I'm with you on the bagged greens/veggies. I can't eat baby carrots either because of all the chemicals on them to keep them from drying up.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3514643;
    I'd be passing on the fruit and the tomatoes and nuts. You really can't please everybody....and I can't imagine a salad without onion...that would be called 'boring' in my house!
    I agree about the onion, and that you can't make everyone happy...I can't make myself eat cucumbers, or anything that has even TOUCHED a cucumber--I still taste it! And no, no, no feta cheese...bleeeech!
    When I make myself a salad, I usually use lettuce, spinach and or broccoli, onion, grated carrot, sliced red bell pepper, grape tomatoes (or regular tomatoes, if I'm growing any--I'm not this time) at least. I might also add a few raisins, nuts, blueberries, or whatever if i have it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread