+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 91 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Just Recipes

MRD

Re: Just Recipes

It's Georgia with a very heavy Spanish accent. Your-ya is the closest way I can get to spelling how it sounds. It's like the G's are really J's. We encounted someone who pronounced it that way.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Kind of like George being "Hor-hay".

MRD you know I'm just picking on you.

ELLEN! You used 'bless our hearts' correctly in a sentence; I knew you could learn! ( and when you made that remark about your-ha, I immediately thought ""it's when it's not mine, but 'your-ha'"--ok, this is getting too confusing

Actually we are concerned with cholesterol too--that's what statin drugs are for. Seriously, I don't make those super bad for you fried things and real cobbler and such very often, so don't feel the guilt so much when I do. But the 'crisp' is really good also, anyway.

I'm afraid this is wandering way off topic. Here's a good fruit salad I made yesterday--No cholesterol invoved, and very easy.

1 cantaloupe, cubed
    1 qt strawberries
    1 pint blueberries

Mix it up and wait overnight so the cantaloupe sweetens everything, then eat.--yum.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Thanks, everyone, for the clarification on the crisps and the cobblers. The majority of crisps I've seen on FoodNetwork or gotten recipes for, didn't call for the rolled oats, so I may try that next time. The cobblers sound so good that I may have to make a peach one real soon.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3483391;
    Thanks, everyone, for the clarification on the crisps and the cobblers. The majority of crisps I've seen on FoodNetwork or gotten recipes for, didn't call for the rolled oats, so I may try that next time. The cobblers sound so good that I may have to make a peach one real soon.
    I have to say that my peach one is fabulous and I like to think it's the Contreau I add to it. Really punches up the taste.

Your peach cobbler recipe is on this thread, correct?

For the cobbler, use the first 6 ingredients, let soak all day, pour out some of the liquid (it gets really liquidy), put in a baking dish, cover with your favorite crust and bake at 350 until crust is brown and filling is bubbling.

OK, MRD, I found your recipe.
    Can you suggest a type of crust I should use since you're more familiar with cobblers and their crusts and appx. how long does it need to cook?

BTW, when one is doing a search for a particular recipe in the recipe thread, is there a way to find it easily? Will the Control + F ( Find ) work in this case, and would we do a Control + F and highlight the entire thread? Thanks, bn advance.

MRD

I would use a piecrust type topping on this one and bake at 350 for 30-40 min. until crust is nice and brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

Oh, BTW, I usually drink the juice I pour off.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3483867;
    I would use a piecrust type topping on this one and bake at 350 for 30-40 min. until crust is nice and brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

Oh, BTW, I usually drink the juice I pour off.
    If it's got Cointreau, I would drink it, too.

MRD

That's what led me to developing the drink because the juice was good, but so sweet, I cut it with wine and then thought, hmmmm......

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3472817;
    I think every decent cook in the world must have some version of the breakfast Casserole, and they are all different, and all good!
    Agreed. Breakfast casseroles are a dime a dozen. We live a few hours away from Morris Press where they print all the fundraiser and church cookbooks - they have a little shop where you can buy the overruns for $1-$2, so I have a pretty big collection of them from all over the country, and they all have several different breakfast casseroles. When my kids were in high school the parents always had to provide breakfast casseroles for the Confirmation and Graduation breakfasts at church, so we usually got to taste all of them. Every single one was different, and they were all good no matter what was in them. A third grader could throw that stuff in a pan and it would still be good. They are especially nice and easy to throw together when you have guests.

+ Reply to Thread