+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Just Recipes

Re: Just Recipes

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3198452;
    Does anyone have a good non-carbonated punch recipe? My daughter's 7th birthday is this weekend and I'd like to do something more than open a jug of Hawaiian Punch. Everything I'm finding has 7-Up or ginger ale(She won't drink anything carbonated). The only punch I've ever made is trash can punch back in my college days and that obviously won't do.
    Sorry, all my recipes have some kind of carbonated beverage in them.

If she really likes HP, why not just make a HP ice ring and float that in a punch bowl with the HP? When my kids were little, they really didn't want "different", so a fancy presentation of their favorites was a treat.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

MRD

We serve this at the museum for events where we serve alcohol and need a non-alcholic punch.

Equal parts of Sunny Delight and red Hawaiian Punch.

It's also a really pretty color.

And you could float lime sherbert in it too if served in a punch bowl.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

You could also make fruit-filled ice cubes to put in the punch. Kids love waiting for them to melt so they can eat the fruit out of them.
    CYA

Well, my daughter says she wants pink lemonade now so I think I'll put that in the punch bowl with Bunny555's fruit filled ice cubes. I love that idea! Thanks!!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

You're so clever, bunny! I think I'll do that for my strawberry margaritas!

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3198452;
    Does anyone have a good non-carbonated punch recipe? My daughter's 7th birthday is this weekend . . . The only punch I've ever made is trash can punch back in my college days and that obviously won't do.
    A 7-year-old's birthday party? You might want to rethink the "won't do" thing on the trashcan punch (we called it "wapatuii" in college).

Oh, okay -- if you won't make it for the 7-year-olds (since you're most likely way more ethical than I ever will be!), then at least make a good batch for yourself! (Three words: Lots. Of. Rum.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I saw this on our local news and plan to make it this weekend. I love Salisbury Steak but never tried to make it myself. If anyone else has a good recipe let me know. (Oh and of course I'll be making it with mashed potatoes!)

Diner Salisbury Steak
    ______________________________ __________
    1-1/2 pounds ground beef
    2 scallions, finely chopped
    1/4 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
    1 egg
    1 tablespoon yellow mustard
    1 container (12 ounces) beef gravy
    1/2 cup water
    2 teaspoons prepared white horseradish
    1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced

1. Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, scallions, bread crumbs, egg, and mustard; mix well. Shape into four 1/2-inch-thick oval patties.

3. Heat the skillet over medium-high heat and cook the patties for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until no pink remains.

4. Add the gravy, water, horseradish, and mushrooms and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.

NOTE: Each patty makes a hearty serving, so you can certainly make smaller portions - just form the mixture into 6 or 8 smaller patties and adjust the cooking time, if necessary.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Archie that looks yum! I haven't had Salisbury steak in years. Well, I'm trying my very first FORT recipe...To die for pot roast. Its in the crock pot now. I did it as a sort of stew and added crimini mushrooms and onions. It will go over rice tonight I just started an evening yoga class, and I would love some more good crock pot recipes for those nights. If anyone has some to share that would be great. My crock pot r'epertoire pretty much consists of throwing a can of cream of mushroom soup over some chicken
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

for non carbonated punch, try this:

3/4 orange juice
    1/4 sweet and sour mix
    dump some grenadine on top to make it look cool.

they are sweet, but the kids in my fam love them. I don't make a giant bowl of them i make them by the glass, but if us adults are sipping on wine or champagne during an event I'll sometimes make these for the niece and nephew. My daughter is weird in that she doesn't like sweet drinks. No soda, no nothing! It really saves us on dental bills!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3200236;
    Archie that looks yum! I haven't had Salisbury steak in years. Well, I'm trying my very first FORT recipe...To die for pot roast. Its in the crock pot now. I did it as a sort of stew and added crimini mushrooms and onions. It will go over rice tonight I just started an evening yoga class, and I would love some more good crock pot recipes for those nights. If anyone has some to share that would be great. My crock pot r'epertoire pretty much consists of throwing a can of cream of mushroom soup over some chicken
    Do you have a Barne's and Noble near you? I was in there yesterday (looking for that Garden and Gun magazine for Ellen. ) because they had several different types of cookbooks on sale near the entrance and 2 of them were crockpot recipe books. I flipped through them and there were some good sounding recipes in there.

Here's an easy one that does NOT involve any cream of soup.

4-6 porkchops
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1 tsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. pepper
    flour
    2 lemons sliced
    1 onion, sliced

Mix brown sugar with salt and pepper and rub on pork chops, coat chops in flour and brown in hot veg. oil on both sides . Transfer to crockpot and add sliced lemons and onions on top. Put in enough water to just cover chops. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.

I know it doesn't sound like much, but these are really good pork chops and my family devours them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread