+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 91 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Just Recipes

Re: Just Recipes

Here's a cheap and easy one I did last night.

Roasted Red Potatoes

1 small bag baby reds (figure about 12-15 potatoes)-at Trader Joes a bag is under $2.
    Olive oil
    Salt
    Pepper
    Garlic powder
    Herbes de Provence
    Dried rosemary

Preheat the oven to 425, and cover a cookie sheet with a layer of foil and spray it with a little cooking spray. Rinse the potatoes and cut them in quarters, and place them in a large bowl. Drizzle with about 2 tablespoons (I never count) of olive oil, and then add in the spices. Use a spoon to evenly coat all the potatoes, and then arrange on the cookie sheet in a single layer, drizzling some more salt, pepper, and garlic (or garlic powder) over them. Cook for 40 minutes, turning halfway through.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3233018;
    This pie is particularly good warm, and I love it with ice cream on top!

Toll House Pie

1 unbaked 9 inch deep dish pie shell
    2 large eggs
    1/2 C. all purpose flour
    1/2 C. granulated sugar
    1/2 C. packed brown sugar
    3/4 C. butter, softened
    1 C. (6 oz) Nestle Toll House semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1 C. chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 325 F. Beat eggs in a large mixer on high speed until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in morsels and nuts. Spoon into pie shell.

Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between outer edge and center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.

I am FINALLY going to make this tomorrow. I plan to add a a bit of Bourbon as we discussed when the recipe was first posted months ago. I may be sippin' on the Bourbon myself since I'm also cooking a ham and some other stuff.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3410354;
    I am FINALLY going to make this tomorrow. I plan to add a a bit of Bourbon as we discussed when the recipe was first posted months ago. I may be sippin' on the Bourbon myself since I'm also cooking a ham and some other stuff.
    Don't do what I did. The aluminum pie plate folded on me as I was taking it out of the oven and the entire pie dumped in the oven, the door and the crack of the door and some of it slid into the drawer under the oven. I swear there was double the amount of pie filling to clean up than originally was in the pie.

The next one I made was really delicious though.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Doxie, how did it turn out with the bourbon in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3414111;
    Doxie, how did it turn out with the bourbon in it?
    I ended up not adding bourbon to the pie because it looked so good that I didn't think it needed anything else. That recipe is a keeper! So easy and yummy! We ate it warm with vanilla ice cream. I'm betting it would be good with a mix of chocolate chips and peanut butter chips too! Thanks for posting that recipe.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Anytime! Peanut butter chips... ooh, that could be phenomenal.

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Chocolate Gravy

1 stick Butter
    4 T. Plain Flour
    4 T. Cocoa
    3/4 c. Sugar
    2 c. Milk
    1/2 tsp. Vanilla

Melt butter; add flour and cocoa. Add sugar and milk. Cook at medium heat, stirring constantly (to prevent burning), until thick. Remove from heat, add vanilla and stir. Serve over hot buttered biscuits. If too thick thin with warm milk.

Chocolate Jiffs

Just a few notes:
    This recipe is easy to make, but timing is the key. If you don't boil or beat long enough the cookies will be soft, if you boil or beat too long they will be dry. I beat mine until they are thick, but still shiny. Be sure you have your wax paper down and all your ingredients measured out before you start, so you can move through the steps quick.

2 c. Sugar
    1/2 c. Cocoa
    1/2 c. Milk
    1 stick Margarine
    3 c. Quick Oats
    1/2 c. Peanut Butter (either plain or crunchy)
    1 tsp. Vanilla
    Wax Paper (about 2')

Place together in a large sauce pan; sugar,cocoa, milk and margarine and stir until margarine melts. Bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute.
    Remove from heat, add oats, peanut butter and vanilla. Beat until thick and shiny, drop with large spoon on to wax paper. Cool completely, they should pop off wax paper.
    These are so good and we ate them so fast, we never cared if they were soft or dry.

Chocolate with Saltines

1 c. Sugar
    1/4 c. cocoa
    1/4 c. milk
    1/2 stick butter
    1/2 tsp. vanilla
    Saltine Crackers (one stack more or less)

Place a single layer of saltine crackers on cookie sheet lined with foil.
    In a sauce pan stir together; sugar, cocoa, milk, and butter. Stir until butter melts. Bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, add vanilla.
    Beat until thick. Spoon over saltines, then top with another saltine. Let cool.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3410079;
    Here's a cheap and easy one I did last night.

Roasted Red Potatoes

1 small bag baby reds (figure about 12-15 potatoes)-at Trader Joes a bag is under $2.
    Olive oil
    Salt
    Pepper
    Garlic powder
    Herbes de Provence
    Dried rosemary

Preheat the oven to 425, and cover a cookie sheet with a layer of foil and spray it with a little cooking spray. Rinse the potatoes and cut them in quarters, and place them in a large bowl. Drizzle with about 2 tablespoons (I never count) of olive oil, and then add in the spices. Use a spoon to evenly coat all the potatoes, and then arrange on the cookie sheet in a single layer, drizzling some more salt, pepper, and garlic (or garlic powder) over them. Cook for 40 minutes, turning halfway through.
    This sounds great, I do this a lot but just with olive oil and salt, so the extra herbs sound really good. Another idea is to do this with fingerling potatoes. I've gotten bags of them at Costco, and they turn out really melt-in-your-mouth creamy and delicious when roasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3418962;
    This sounds great, I do this a lot but just with olive oil and salt, so the extra herbs sound really good. Another idea is to do this with fingerling potatoes. I've gotten bags of them at Costco, and they turn out really melt-in-your-mouth creamy and delicious when roasted.
    What are fingerling potatoes ?

+ Reply to Thread