+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Just Recipes

Re: Just Recipes

Speaking of Worcestershire, it really "wakes up" chili. Love it in my chili.
    "Listening is often the only thing needed to help someone." ~ anon

MRD

Try sprinkling it on plain avocado slices.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My daughter came home with a recipe she got in her home and careers class. I plan on trying it this weekend when my granddaughter visits. I think she would get a kick out of it.

5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

4 tablespoons flour
    4 tablespoons sugar
    2 tablespoons cocoa
    1 egg
    3 tablespoons milk
    3 tablespoons oil
    3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
    a small splash of vanilla
    1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well.
    Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
    Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
    Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract and mix again.

Put the mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes (1000 watts)

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
    Allow to cool a little and tip out onto a plate if desired.
    EAT! This can serve 2 if you want to share

I will post back if this was a success or not.

That sounds like fun MamaC. I love baking with my granddaughter. It's kind of messy sometimes, but always fun.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

My husband's coworker sent him home with lemons today. She wondered if I would make "those lemon cookies" for her. These are the most requested item from his coworkers, so I will post the recipe as I throw the last tray in the oven.

Lemon Meltaways

Cookies:

1 1/4 C. flour
    3/4 C. softened butter
    1/2 C. cornstarch
    1/3 C. pwd sugar
    1 Tbsp. lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
    1 tsp. grated lemon peel

Frosting:
    3/4 C. pwd sugar
    1/4 C. softened butter
    1 Tbsp. lemon juice
    1 tsp. grated lemon peel

In large mixer bowl, combine all cookie ingredients. Beat at low speed, scraping the bowl often, until well mixed. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 8" X 1" roll. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm (1 to 2 hours). Heat oven to 350. With a sharp knife, slice each roll into 1/4" cookies. Place 2" apart on cookie sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes until set. Cookies will not (should not) brown. Cool completely. In a small mixer bowl, combine all frosting ingredients. Beat at medium speed, scraping the bowl often, until frosting is fluffy. Frost the cooled cookies.

Yum! I'm going to have to make those. I noticed that the citrus trees around here are having a great year, so I'm sure my hubby will be coming home with lemons soon, too!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Oh, those sound fantastic and I love lemon! I'll definitely have to try those.

Well, it seems Mr. M ate a dozen or so before the plate made it to work... :nono And the woman that sent the lemons thought the cookies were just for her, and the other women wanted more cookies... I will be making a double or triple batch this weekend to make everyone happy. The cookies are simple enough to make, but the frosting of each individal cookie gets old quickly.

I was wondering how they would be without the frosting (not a big frosting fan)... Maybe you could just sprinkle some powdered sugar on them?

I LOVE lemons and am jealous of y'all! My in-laws in CA have a HUGE lemon tree in their backyard and I picked a bunch of them when we were there last September. Airport Security was NOT happy when I tried to bring them home, but they finally let me through. Those lemons were soooo juicy and delicious and a lot better than the ones available at the stores here. I've put in a request for occasional lemon shipments in the future!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The only problem with powdered sugar is that it can leave you with white lips, and it can be easily inhaled when you might not want it to be!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread