+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Just Recipes

Re: Just Recipes

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3261410;

However, you forgot to include how much sugar goes in the cream cheese mixture. I was well into the recipe when I discovered this. I added 1 cup of sugar and it worked well.
    Oops Sorry about that. 1 cup of either granulated or powdered sugar is perfect.
    I'm glad they came out ok.
    CYA

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Frozen sirloin, veggies...what can I make?

Hey all,

I have a frozen sirloin (about 3 pounds), plenty of assorted veggies, homemade chicken/turkey stock, herbs etc. Can I slowcook this in my crock pot (assuming the frozen meat will fit)? I've also got those oven bags you can stick meat into to roast... If you have any good recipes/ideas, please do share! I'd like to make this for tonight or tomorrow... I have bad luck roasting beef in the oven--it turns out too tough. Thanks!!

I would do it in the crockpot on low. Should be fine. I don't have too much experience with the oven bags though.

Thanks Margaritaville. That's what I did. I also put in:

-- some Wochesister (sp?!) sauce
    -- a diced onion
    -- two minced garlic cloves
    -- an assortment of herbs/spices (rosemary, thyme, sage, marjoram)
    -- a little homemade turkey broth and flour (to make a gravy)

It smells GREAT and I hope it will taste good. A little later, I want to add in some potatoes and carrots.

Hey, the crockpot sirloin turned out great! I added a couple jalapenos (sliced up with the seeds) to add some kick and it really added a nice flavor. The gravy turned out really delicious (if I do say so myself!), too. I think I'm going to buy some giardinaro peppers and Italian bread tomorrow and then we can make sandwiches from this for lunch over the weekend with the leftovers.

MRD

Sounds good, especially the sandwiches
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That sounds good Lois...so if I add all the ingredients and put it in the oven like a pot roast, will it turn out the same? Should I roast for about 4 hours at low heat? I don't have a crockpot otherwise I would use that.

I am making a pot roast for a neighbor who just got out of the hospital. I posted it in the old forum but it is so simple and delicious, I hope some of you will give it a try:

Easy and Delicious Pot Roast

Preheat oven to 325

3 lb roast (any type appropriate for slow cooking)
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 can of red wine (use empty soup can)
    1/2 onion, chopped
    1-3 cloves garlic
    salt and pepper

Generously salt meat and add pepper to your tastes. Place beef in roasting pan. Cover with cream of mushroom soup, onion, garlic and top with red wine. Cover and cook for 4 hours. You can add potatoes and carrots to the last 30 minutes. The gravy is delicious served over rice.

luvsginger, I'm not that good at cooking beef so I'm not sure about time, but the time on your recipe sounds about right...a lot of help I am, huh? NOT!

Your recipe sounds good (and easy)! I'm going to have to try that next. Thanks for posting it!

Lois - Hi! I haven't run across you in any threads lately. How are you? You are one post away from the big 5000!!! Congrats!! Anyway, I am making your "dish" tomorrow night....I think I will use an oven bag. I'll let you all know how it comes out!!!
    After delivering the pot roast to the neighbor, the husband came over and said his wife was crying as she was eating it because they have been living off Taco Bell since she got out of the hospital. Poor thing, no one should live of Taco Bell.

MRD

Oh no one should have to live off taco bell.

I do the oven roaster bags a lot and I love them. One positive is that they make cleanup really easy. Just follow the directions on the bag and you'll be fine. I've even done turkey's in them and they turn out really well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread