+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 92 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Just Recipes

MRD

Re: Just Recipes

Too bad they don't just make a cream of cream soup for all those that have aversions to mushroom, chicken, celery, etc.
    I wonder if there is a substitute for cream of soups. It's a flavoring and a binder in one.

Wonder if you could use mayo or would that not work?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I think if you look up the ingredients in cream of .... soups you may be able find the particular "binding" ingredient and just use that with some salt. I'm not good at substituting anything so I'm unsure.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I don't know if this would work but it got great ratings:

Cream of Soup Substitute Mix Recipe | Recipezaar

My supper was a great hit with the boys tonight. I roasted some sausages in the oven, in a pyrex plate, then added some cut up potatoes skin on, fennel, onions and garlic cloves. Salt, pepper, rosemary and dill on top. It was in the oven at 350 for about 1:30 hours. So easy to make. It's different from my usual weekday meals, as I usually only have about 20 minutes to get supper on the table before the kiddos start freaking out. But this time, I was off, so I had the time.

Stuffed mushrooms.......I'm thinking this is an easy appetizer I can do for Thanksgiving but the one time I made them, I really didn't like the result. I've looked at various recipe sites and saw a few that are made with cream cheese which sounds interesting. Has anyone ever made them this way.....or have a better recipe?
    Thanks
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3240786;
    Stuffed mushrooms.......I'm thinking this is an easy appetizer I can do for Thanksgiving but the one time I made them, I really didn't like the result. I've looked at various recipe sites and saw a few that are made with cream cheese which sounds interesting. Has anyone ever made them this way.....or have a better recipe?
    Thanks
    This was posted a few months ago and I've been meaning to try it! Sounds easy and good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3210397;
    These are super, super easy and delicious!

Alouette« Stuffed Mushroom Caps

Category:Appetizers
    Makes:18 appetizers
    Prep Time:8-10 minutes. Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
    Product:Alouette« Spreadable Cheese

Ingredients

18 mushroom caps
    1 pkg. (6.5 oz.) Alouette Garlic & Herbs, or Alouette Spinach & Artichoke, or Alouette Garlic Supreme Spreadable Cheese
    3 tbsp. seasoned bread crumbs

Directions
    Preheat oven to 375║ F.

Place mushroom caps hollow side up on baking sheet. Fill each cap with 1 tsp. Alouette Spreadable Cheese and sprinkle with seasoned bread crumbs.

Bake 12-15 minutes. Garnish and serve.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

FORT Newbie

I made Greek Olives I am sure some of you have tried them in a good Deli, or you can buy them at a Specialty Market.

I cured them in a Pillow case. First you must clean the olives and remove stems and leaves. Then you cover them with salt. Every day you shake them
    around make sure salt is covering the Olives. The curing process can take two weeks to a month.

I forgot to mention that the pillowcase needs to be tied under the Olive Tree.
    This recipe was something I have wanted to try finally my Olive crop produced a good Crop.

Once they are cured you check them weekly, you rince them and put them in Jars with some EVOO and Crushed Garlic. Keep them refrigerated. Sooooo good to eat with Bruchetta(SP) Salads, Sandwiches.

Enjoy

ReggieLacy12

MRD

If I had an olive tree, I'd be in heaven!

I adapted this from a Paula Deen recipe a while ago.

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms

Ingredients
    1 cup crabmeat
    1/2 cup cream cheese
    1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
    1/2 cup green onions, chopped
    4 tablespoons Parmesan
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. garlic powder
    1/4 tsp. pepper
    2 portobello mushroom caps, or 10 white mushrooms caps
    1/2 cup bread crumbs
    Nonstick cooking spray
    Directions
    Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Combine the crabmeat, cream cheese, parsley, green onions and Parmesan. Season salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture and top with bread crumbs. Spray the tops with nonstick spray to help them brown. Transfer to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the filling is hot and melted.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

reggielacy12 Yeah, well... I would love to have an olive tree also. Unfortunately they don't grow well in Canada I bet the So. Cal people could use that recipe. I wish I'd had it when we were in South America. The olives there are wonderful too. Why does the pillow case need to be tied under the tree? Just curious.

Thanks Doxie and MRD, both of those recipes sound delicious. I'll let the kids choose.
    CYA

+ Reply to Thread