+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 91 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Just Recipes

MRD

Re: Just Recipes

To me there is nothing better on a cold day than a ham and potato dish or soup. It's nice and warm and comforting.

I'm going to try those potatos too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3238507;
    The scalloped potatoes sound delicious Mariner. Since I don't have a favorite recipe for those, I'm going to try yours the next time I bake a ham. Love ham with scalloped potatoes.

ETA: The icebox cake looks easy and tasty noreality

It is, and I am sure if you make it, you'll love it.

MRD

This is similar to Cracker Barrel's hashbrown casserole, but lot's better. I have been wanting Cracker Barrel's and was disappointed the other day when I got it. So this morning I decided to experiment. My family acted like they were breaking a 30 day hunger strike when I served this this morning.

I think I'll make it Christmas morning.

Claudia's Breakfast Casserole

2 lb. pkg. frozen Hash Browns
    1 cup Sour cream
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1/2 stick butter,melted
    4 oz. cream cheese
    1/4 C. Chopped onion
    8 oz. cubed ham
    2 C. grated Cheddar Cheese

Place potatoes in a greased 9x13 inch pan. Season with salt and pepper (not too much salt as the ham is pretty salty). Sprinkle ham over potatos. Melt butter in the microwave. Put cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to make really, really soft. In a bowl add minced onions, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup, cream cheese and melted butter. Mix these items together. Pour soup mixture over potatoes and spread to cover. It will be fairly thick. Sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until all is completely warm, and the cheese begins to melt.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3239625;
    This is similar to Cracker Barrel's hashbrown casserole, but lot's better. I have been wanting Cracker Barrel's and was disappointed the other day when I got it. So this morning I decided to experiment. My family acted like they were breaking a 30 day hunger strike when I served this this morning.

I think I'll make it Christmas morning.

Claudia's Breakfast Casserole

2 lb. pkg. frozen Hash Browns
    1 cup Sour cream
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1/2 stick butter,melted
    4 oz. cream cheese
    1/4 C. Chopped onion
    8 oz. cubed ham
    2 C. grated Cheddar Cheese

Place potatoes in a greased 9x13 inch pan. Season with salt and pepper (not too much salt as the ham is pretty salty). Sprinkle ham over potatos. Melt butter in the microwave. Put cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to make really, really soft. In a bowl add minced onions, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup, cream cheese and melted butter. Mix these items together. Pour soup mixture over potatoes and spread to cover. It will be fairly thick. Sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until all is completely warm, and the cheese begins to melt.
    Would it work with any other "cream of" soup? I really can't stand cream of chicken for some reason. I might substitute bacon for the ham - so what would I use for the soup? Other than that, I think my family would enjoy that!

I bet Cream of Mushroom would work.

I make a similar hashbrown casserole with cream of onion soup. I don't like mushroom or cream of chicken much either. It works fine.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

MRD

I bet either cream of onion (and I wouldn't add more onions to the dish) or cream of mushroom would work. Also cream of celery.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3240063;
    I bet either cream of onion (and I wouldn't add more onions to the dish) or cream of mushroom would work. Also cream of celery.
    I made a very similar casserole for our Canadian Thanksgiving last month, and used cream of celery because we have too many mushroom haters on my husband's side of the family. Personally, I would not use the cream of celery again - I found the taste really overwhelmed the dish. I don't believe I've ever seen cream of onion soup, but I bet that would work really well. I do plan to make it again but I'm going to use cream of mushroom or chicken instead.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I don't think I have ever seen cream of onion either. Who makes it?

I bet I could use Knorr's Leek soup mix...

Campbell's makes cream of onion soup, I didn't know it wasn't available everywhere. I do wish they made a low-sodium version.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread