+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Just Recipes

To the Point

Re: Just Recipes

These are super, super easy and delicious!

Alouette® Stuffed Mushroom Caps

Category:Appetizers
    Makes:18 appetizers
    Prep Time:8-10 minutes. Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
    Product:Alouette® Spreadable Cheese

Ingredients

18 mushroom caps
    1 pkg. (6.5 oz.) Alouette Garlic & Herbs, or Alouette Spinach & Artichoke, or Alouette Garlic Supreme Spreadable Cheese
    3 tbsp. seasoned bread crumbs

Directions
    Preheat oven to 375º F.

Place mushroom caps hollow side up on baking sheet. Fill each cap with 1 tsp. Alouette Spreadable Cheese and sprinkle with seasoned bread crumbs.

Bake 12-15 minutes. Garnish and serve.

Now those sound so easy and really, really good!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Margarita, that recipe just sounds so comforting. I'll be throwing that one together very soon! I'm still regrouping from a blackout, so I'm the the comfort food mode.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Thank you Margaritaville, I pretty much remembered everything but the milk, so glad you reposted it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

M'ville's crockpot chicken recipe reminds me of a recipe that we have been making for many, many years. This recipe came from one of those cookbooks that was a school fundraiser for a new playground for the elem. school my older kids went to. This is very yummy.

SOUTHERN LIVING CHICKEN

Ingredients:

2 boneless chicken breasts, split

4-1/2 slices of Swiss cheese or Cheddar cheese

1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup diluted with

¼ cup white wine or chicken broth

1 cup Pepperidge Farm stuffing

¼ cup melted margarine or butter.

Instructions:

Place chicken in baking dish. Place a slice of cheese over each piece of chicken. Pour soup mixture over the chicken and cheese. Sprinkle with dry stuffing, then margarine or butter. Bake uncovered for one hour at 350º. Serves 4.

Of course, we have doubled and tripled this recipe depending on who is around!

P.S. I asked the lady who actually submitted the recipe where she got it from and she said she got it off the label of the cream of chicken soup!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have found it surprising how good recipes on cans, boxes, etc. can be! And we often just ignore them!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;3205562;
    Mac and Cheese

1/2 cup butter or margarine
    1/2 cup flour
    1 cups milk
    2-3 cups shredded cheddar
    3/4 lb. macaroni uncooked
    seasoned bread crumbs

Melt butter or margarine in medium sauce pan, add flour and stir until blended. Add milk and heat over medium high heat stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Add cheddar cheese in small increments stirring until melted. I add enough cheese until I get a good aroma, roughly 2 cups. Stir cheese sauce into cooked macaroni and put into pan for baking. I like to use a deeper pan personally. Top with remaining cheddar cheese and seasoned bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 25 min.
    This should be 2 cups of milk! Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3210474;
    Thank you Margaritaville, I pretty much remembered everything but the milk, so glad you reposted it.
    I make a version of that same recipe. I got it off the back of a Stove Top Stuffing box years ago. Mr. Doxie LOVES it. I use sour cream instead of milk. I also bake it in the oven instead of the crock pot. I am going to try the crock pot variation next time though! Kraft's website has a TON of recipes involving Stove Top. I love that stuffing!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

I don't know what happened this time, but the stuffing stayed dry and got really brown and almost burned. We just scraped it off and ate the chicken. The first time I made it, it was fabulous. I don't know, I may have not followed the instructions completely or something. But I will try it again.

I have several recipes I got off packages. Those are usually pretty good.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3211097;
    I don't know what happened this time, but the stuffing stayed dry and got really brown and almost burned. We just scraped it off and ate the chicken. The first time I made it, it was fabulous. I don't know, I may have not followed the instructions completely or something. But I will try it again.

I have several recipes I got off packages. Those are usually pretty good.
    Hey MRD I was assembling the crockpot chicken this morning and I remembered a couple of things that I tweak from the recipe - maybe this will help you out. I don't use melted butter as it calls for - I have better luck slicing up a little over a stick of butter (maybe 1+1/4 sticks?) and lay those over the stuffing to cover the entire area. I have found that by pouring the melted butter over the top, not all of the stuffing gets covered. Whether that is because my technique is lame or the recipe just doesn't call for enough butter, I don't know. I add slightly over 1/4 cup of milk to the cream of mushroom soup also. Let me know if that helps you out next time. And sorry I forgot about that when I cut/pasted the recipe to this thread.

+ Reply to Thread