Closed Thread
Page 1 of 773 123456789101151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes

Recipes

Hi, everybody. Hope your holidays were great! I got a crockpot for Christmas and have no idea what to cook in there. Anybody have any simple recipes that I could make in this thing?

Clara, I am not much of a cook but I do know that there are loads of "one-pot" dinners cookbooks out there. I have even seen them near the registers at supermarkets. Good luck!
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

LG.
    I'm not the cook in our house, but my husband makes a decent turkey chili in our crockpot, let's it simmer all day and the house smells great. Also, he makes a great baked beans recipe in there too. You can buy crockpot specific cookbooks too.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I throw some lipton noodle soup mix (chicken) some water, salt pepper, chicken, potatoes, carrots onions, and waterever else you like in an cook it on low all day long.

The best thing about crock pots is you really can just throw a bunch of stuff in and it will always taste good. They're weird that way

Do they have a few recipes in the back of the directions booklet? You caould try those.

I haven't used my crockpot in so long....
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

We make our homemade spaghetti sauce in our crockpot...it always turns out good.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Or if you ever have a leftover ham bone, you can throw it in with 6 cups of water and a bag of white beans. Makes a great ham and bean soup.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    Ok, I am a crock pot maniac!!! here are is a really easy and fabulous meal. Once pork loin,, what ever size you want, a package of lipton onion soup mix and a can of Dr. Pepper put in some carrots too as much as you like,, then put it on low for the day or high for 4 hours it is ready when you are,, don't open the lid though.. the meat falls apart and the seasoning is soooo good and the juice makes great gravy for potatoes etc...

FORT Fogey
    Another is a beef brisket,, a bottle of liquid smoke, celery salt, season salt and a dash of worchister,,, cup or two of water, let it cook all day. Use a small bottle of liquid smoke or a 1/2 a large one.

Mmmm. Party at firegirl's. :eat

Those sound great!

I usually just do roasts (a good-sized roast, as many redskin potatoes as you can fit, and a 2-lb bag of baby carrots, some water and spices, cook all day on low), or chicken (a whole roaster, rinsed well. Brush it with melted butter, then spice it up well, and let it cook all day on low again).

Don't ever open the lid on your crockpot, or it'll take much longer to cook. That's the number one rule. And if you start things in the morning on low, they'll be ready for dinner and falling off the bone. I always try to use low, and not the high setting. High with meat will tend to make it tough.

Closed Thread