Closed Thread
Page 9 of 773 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes

My mom and I love making up stuff to cook. My favorite thing to make when I can't figure out what to have for dinner is the pizza bake thing my Mom invented.

Put cooked mac-n-cheese in a baking dish. Top with pizza sauce and any of your favorite pizza toppings, we like sausage, green pepper, olives, onions, mushrooms....you get the idea. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in the oven for a bit.

It is so yummy, and easy too!

Wow..we really should have a pot luck! I can't wait to taste Yellow's ribs etc, and haejin's shrimp, and Amanda's "drunken foodfest" food etc.

All this food sounds awesome. And Amanda and Harmoj, I had a co-worker like this, i.e. he just took noodles, cheese, a can of creamed corn, red pepper, ground beef, and other things I can't remember, and threw them together and baked them. It doesn't sound great, but it actually tastes terrific. He's a chef on the side, but he calls this dish, "The Stuff". So you always have to ask him to bring in "The Stuff."
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Shazzer, my Mom is the queen of the "stuff". I can't believe the yummy stuff she comes up with. I make the best scalloped potatoes...and I have a good fish batter that makes the best fried fish you've ever had..or so my husband says.

Great Post Shazzer!

You brought up my own memories of " Broke until payday" recipes.

Packet of Ramen Noodles
    1/2 cup of milk
    1/3 cup of your fav cheese
    bacon bits (this was my meat substitute)
    1 tbsp of margarine or butter
    packet of enclosed ramen seasoning

Cook noodles, drain, add all the other ingredients, stir on low heat until cheese has melted and liquid is reduced slightly, then eat!

Hey, when you are broke, it aint rocket science!

P.S. I have a great Cajun/Teriyaki chicken wing recipe and a Spicy Mac & Cheese recipe that Im offering on eBay for the right price.

But for my FORT family...Just ask
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

I make this "dirt cake" that everyone always goes nuts over & every time I get invited to something that's covered dish, people always ask me to bring it.
    It's 8oz cream cheese, 16 oz cool whip, 2cups milk, & 1 small box instant vanilla pudding all mixed together with crumbled up Oreos (ground them up in the food processor & they look like dirt- use the whole package). You alternate the layers & make sure you end up with the cookie crumbs on top. I put it in a plastic flower pot with a little plastic flower & use a hand spade to serve it. You can put little gummy worms in it too if you want, but I hardly ever do b/c I don't like them.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I make a wicked Spinach Tortellini Soup, a fantastic banana bread, and kick-ass salsa. I don't feel like writing out the recipes right now though. I'm so lazy.
    Who shot who in the what now?

I stole this one from one of my old roommates, it was what he cooked whenever we'd have company over and it became one of my favorites.

Combine sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, marinated artichoke hearts, button mushrooms (from a can), and cream sherry....put in a baking pan and put boneless chicken breasts into it covering them with the sauce and bake. MMMMMM MMMMMMM serve that over rice and it's my favorite thing in the world, but a rare treat cause I know it's mega fat filled. The sauce is also good with some beef tips put into it for sort of a stroganoff effect served with noodles.

Ok now I'm hungry and too lazy to go shopping *sigh*

Easy delicious ramen noodle stuff

A really easy tasty Ramen noodle thing is: get chicken mushroom Ramen, boil the noodles, and when they are done, pour out most of the water. Add a few dashes of Tabasco sauce, and then whip in a beaten egg. The egg will cook, like egg foo yung, and when the whole, slightly slimy mess is fully cooked, add the chicken/mushroom seasoning packet. This is such good drunk food!!! (And easy! And cheap! Everything drunk food should be!)
    Et in Arcadia Ego

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Everytime I go to a pot luck or family dinner everyone wants me to make Macaroni Salad and pressed cookies. I don't really have a recipe for the salad, it's just kind of thrown together to taste. The cookies are the easiest thing in the world to make: 1/2 cup margarine, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring and 1-1/2 cup flour. The secret is to not bake them until they are brown. The original recipe I had said to bake them for 7 minutes and they were as hard as rocks, so I only bake them for 4 minutes and let them set on the cookie sheet until they are cooled down. End result is rave reviews and easy gifts at holidays and birthdays.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Great thread! I'm going to try those sugar cookie/peanut butter cup ones.

My favorite ramen add in's: Some broccoli heads (frozen ok), frozen corn. At the end don't drain the water, stir it into a mad vortex and then crack an egg in while continuing to stir. Egg drop soup!

Also, here's a crock-pot fave. Crockpots are awesome - pick one up at a garage sale if you don't have one. They cook all day without burning and you come home to a hot meal!

Put in chicken breasts (cut up if you like), 1/2 cup cider vinegar, a can of diced tomatoes, a tiny can of tomato paste, cut-up green peppers, any veggies you like (carrots, mushrooms, whatever). The vinegar & tomato make a wonderful combination. Serve with rice. You come home to Chicken Marengo! It's a crowd-pleaser. My brother & his family live next door to us, and when he smells this cooking he sneaks over for some...
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Closed Thread