Closed Thread

Thread: Recipes

MRD

Re: Recipes

I actually liked the idea of the salmon appetizers the guy made that won his category in the Pillsbury bakeoff. Don't they usually come out with a Pillsbury Bake-off cookbook each year?
    I would like to try that loaded baked potato pizza and the salmon appetizers.

I'm not a peanut butter cookie fan either.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Just dropping in to say that I made your Rosemary Chicken for dinner tonight, luvsginger, and it was wonderful! I had to make a small change, though, as Mr. C has the grill completely unassembled at the moment. So since I couldn't grill it, I simply cooked it in the skillet on top of the stove - marinade and all. It was a HUGE hit - you just can't beat the flavors of rosemary and garlic for chicken! Thanks for sharing it!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3131369;
    I actually liked the idea of the salmon appetizers the guy made that won his category in the Pillsbury bakeoff. Don't they usually come out with a Pillsbury Bake-off cookbook each year?
    I would like to try that loaded baked potato pizza and the salmon appetizers.
    I'm not sure about the cookbook but the recipes for those are here

Recipes : Salmon Pastries with Dill Pesto : Food Network

I'm not big on salmon but I'm trying the baked potato pizza recipe this week-end.
    CYA

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3135072;
    I'm not sure about the cookbook but the recipes for those are here

Recipes : Salmon Pastries with Dill Pesto : Food Network

I'm not big on salmon but I'm trying the baked potato pizza recipe this week-end.
    I was thinking that you could make those appetizers and put just about any filling in there. I had just never thought about using the piecrust that way.
    I have an appetizer that goes in those little pastry shell cups and I think I could make it like he did in those pie crusts. But we like salmon, so I would try that first I think.
    Thanks for posting the link.

I made that manhattan maccaroni I posted last week (I used to make it a lot and the we got tired of it, but it had been a while so I drug it out again.) I purposely made a big dish so we'd have leftovers. Well, I have one serving left. My husband's friend and business associate stopped by to pick up a piece of equipment and I fed him. My daughter ate like it was her last meal (she used to hate t his stuff) and her boyfriend didn't do too shabby. Hubby ate when I first pulled it out of the oven, went to check on a job site and got back 2 hours later and ate again. There goes my leftovers!

So apparantly it's much better than I originally thought it was.

MRD

My family was groaning that I don't buy junk anymore, so I decided to treat them with this recipe because I had all the ingredients. It was so easy and so good.

Easy peanut butter cups.

4 oz. white chocolate chips
    1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
    12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
    2 tbsp. unsalted peanuts chopped (you could use the salted, it doesn't make that big of a difference). Or you could leave them off.

line 24 mini muffin cups with the paper liners.

microwave the white chocolate and the peanut butter together about 1- 1/2 min. stirring halfway through. Set aside.

Microwave the chocolate chips 2-3 minutes. Stirring every 30 seconds until they are melted. Don't overheat. Only heat long enough to melt.

Using a spoon, drop a small amount of the chocolate in each of the cups, then add a small amount of the peanut butter mixture, then top with remaining chocolate and sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Put pan in freezer for 15 min. until chocolate sets. Keep in the refrigerator, but bring to room temp. to serve.

I was prepped and then cleaned up in less than 10 min. This was very easy and it satisfied my family's sweet tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;3134501;
    Just dropping in to say that I made your Rosemary Chicken for dinner tonight, luvsginger, and it was wonderful! I had to make a small change, though, as Mr. C has the grill completely unassembled at the moment. So since I couldn't grill it, I simply cooked it in the skillet on top of the stove - marinade and all. It was a HUGE hit - you just can't beat the flavors of rosemary and garlic for chicken! Thanks for sharing it!
    That's great! I make it in a skillet in the winter, too. Don't forget to make sandwiches with the leftovers! I love sharing recipes, and your compliment made my day! Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3135300;
    That's great! I make it in a skillet in the winter, too. Don't forget to make sandwiches with the leftovers! I love sharing recipes, and your compliment made my day! Thanks again!

Leftovers? Seriously . . . what leftovers! Guess I'll just have to make more next time so that I can enjoy one of those sandwiches, because there wasn't even one bite leftover!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

MRD

OK, I am in the what to cook for dinner blues.
    We had hamburger last night, pizza the night before and chicken the night before that.
    I only have chicken and hamburger in the freezer.

I still have $50 in my grocery budget for this week that I haven't spent, but I can't
    think of a thing I really want to eat. And my family is the same way. We can think of what we don't want. We don't want tacos, spagetti or a casserole. We don't want fish.

AND I really don't want to have to cook something that is going to take more than a few simple steps.
    HELP!!!!!

It's time for the FORT Network Challenge. Feed a family of 4 who has no idea what they want to eat and who's cook doesn't really want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
    The winner gets a virtual check for $10,000 and a chance to be on the next FORT Network Disney Princess Cake Challenge.

(personally if it wasn't for my family, I would eat cheese and crackers and go to bed early. )

MRD, since Mr. C and I have been dieting since April and have been living on chicken and fish, I have a whole list of "fantasy" dinners that are on my list:

1. Earl Campbell Hot Links (or a good brat) with Potato Salad and/or baked beans.
    2. Lasagna (even Stauffer's would do) with garlic bread and a good salad
    3. Since we love breakfast for dinner, a loaded omlette with fried potatoes, biscuits and gravy (o.k. . . . we'll have a side of pancakes, too!)
    4. Ultimate Nachos, piled high with beef, chicken, guacamole and at least two kinds of cheese
    5. And of course, there is always my favorite thing to make for dinner - reservations!

Great . . . . now I'm hungry . . .

MRD, I know you just had pizza, but what about a white pizza? You could use olive oil and chopped garlic instead of red sauce, chop up the chicken, throw on spinach and fresh basil and feta cheese, maybe red peppers if you have any ... that's one of my favorite meals, and healthy apart from the cheese and oil. You could also put some ricotta on it; I always top it with mozzerella.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Closed Thread