Closed Thread

Thread: Recipes

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Recipes

myrosiedog, your Blueberry Muffin recipe sounds out of this world (AND easy!!!). A yummy blueberry muffin is one of my favorite all time quick breakfasts with a glass of juice and a cup of coffee! AND, for once, I've got ALL the ingredients to make it...including fresh blueberries! (I made blueberry pancakes yesterday morning). I'm going to try this next weekend. (I'll have to buy more blueberries by then, I'm sure, 'cause I love to snack on them!) THANK YOU!

This peanut butter cookie recipe just won someone a million dollars in the Pillsbury Bake Off on the Food Network.

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup Fisher(r) Dry Roasted Peanuts, finely chopped
    1/4 cup Domino(r) or C and H(r) Granulated Sugar
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 cup JIF(r) Creamy Peanut Butter
    1/2 cup Domino(r) or C and H(r) Powdered Sugar
    1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury(r) Create 'n Bake(r) refrigerated peanut butter cookies, well chilled
    Directions:

Heat in oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl mix chopped peanuts, granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
    In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended. Shape mixture into 24 (1-inch) balls.

Cut roll of cookie dough into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half crosswise to make 24 pieces; flatten slightly. Shape 1 cookie dough piece around 1 peanut butter ball, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and balls.

Roll each covered ball in peanut mixture; gently pat mixture completely onto balls. On ungreased large cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Spray bottom of drinking glass with CRISCO(r) Original No-Stick Cooking Spray: press into remaining peanut mixture. Flatten each ball to 1/2-inch thickness with bottom of glass. Sprinkle any remaining peanut mixture evenly on tops of cookies; gently press into dough.

Bake 7 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Store tightly covered.
    CYA

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why have I never seen a peanut butter and chocolate chip (or just chocolate) cookie recipe?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Since I'm not feeling well, DD (14) cooked dinner tonight.

Sloppy Joes
    Tator tots
    Tossed Salad

The tator tots were underdone but I wouldn't say anything to her. I'm just happy she cooked. YEAH!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

phroshay, I've made peanut butter cookies before and stuck a Hershey's kiss on top, and I've also melted milk chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave and spread it on top of the cookies. I use the milk chocolate ones rather than semi-sweet because I like the 'Reeses' flavor, but you sould use the semisweet also . You can also just mix the chocolate chips into any peanut butter cookie recipe, and it will work just fine--I just like the way it looks when you put the chocolate on top.
    Many cookie recipes are kind of basic, so that you can add things without hurting the end result, and you don't need a whole new recipe. It's a real help because I know I hate to get away from a favorite chocolate chip, peanut butter, or sugar cookie recipe just to add on extras like nuts, candy peices or whatever.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I like PB&J sandwiches, and I LOVE Reese's peanut butter cups, but I don't care for cookies that taste like peanut butter. But I made cookies for a friend once and she liked them so much she still asks me to make them whenever she has a get together at her house. I use the Tollhouse chocolate chip cookie recipe, but instead of chocolate chips I put in peanut butter chips. I never tasted any that I made (for the aforementioned reason! ) but they're pretty popular.

mrd, I couldn't wait until this weekend and ended up making your blueberry muffins tonight and they turned out GREAT! I didn't have enough fresh blueberries on hand so I used half fresh and half frozen and baked it for about 5 minutes longer than the recipe called for. Also, I didn't sprinkle 1/2 cup of sugar on the partially cooked muffins--it was just too much sugar. Maybe I used 1/8 cup, if that, and that was just enough. It made a tasty dessert, and I'm looking forward to eating it for breakfast tomorrow, too! THANKS AGAIN!!

livin, that's cute! Sounds like your daughter made a nice, comforting dinner for the family!

Peanut Butter Swirl Bars

1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
    1/3 cup softened butter
    3/4 cup brown sugar
    3/4 cup granulated sugar

2 eggs
    2 tsp. vanilla

1 cup flour
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 12 ounce package chocolate chips

Combine peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat until creamy.
    Gradually beat in eggs and vanilla

Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
    Add to peanut butter mixture.
    Spread into greased 13 x 9 pan.
    Cover top with chocolate chips.
    Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
    Remove from oven and use a knife to swirl chocolate through dough.
    Return to oven for 30 minutes.

This is REALLY good! Enjoy!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Those bars sound delicious! I have all the ingredients and the fog has rolled in so I think I'll take a stab at them tonight!

Here is a great recipe for a cool summer dessert.
    I love it on hot days, it is refreshing!

FRESH STRAWBERRY PIE WITH WHIPPED CREAM
    For crust:
    1 (5-oz) package shortbread cookies
    2 Tbsp sugar
    2 Tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
    (or use store bought shortbread crust, in the baking section)
    For filling:
    2 lb (1 1/2-inch) strawberries, hulled (see cooks' note, below)
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
    1 envelope unflavored gelatin (2 1/4 tsp)

Accompaniment:
    lightly sweetened whipped cream

Make crust:
    Preheat oven to 350F with rack in middle.
    Pulse cookies in a food processor to fine crumbs, then pulse in sugar and butter until combined. Press crumb mixture evenly onto bottom and up side of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.

Prepare filling and assemble pie:
    Select 20 large strawberries as close to same size as possible and set aside. Cut remaining berries into 1/4-inch dice and toss with sugar and lemon juice. Let stand, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes. Drain berries in a sieve set into a large glass measuring cup. Add enough water to measure 2 cups. Transfer liquid to a medium saucepan and reserve berries.

Sprinkle gelatin over strawberry liquid and let soften 1 minute. Bring to a bare simmer, stirring until gelatin has dissolved. Add diced berries, then transfer to a metal bowl set into an ice bath and stir frequently until mixture begins to mound, 20 to 30 minutes.

Spoon 1/2 cup filling into piecrust and arrange reserved whole berries, stem ends down, on filling. Spoon remaining filling over and between berries. Chill pie until filling is set, at least 4 hours.

This recipe is from Epicurious.com, I wish I could take the credit!

Sorry for the double post, I haven't heard back if anyone has had Buratta cheese, yet? If you haven't, ask your favorite cheese store if they can get it for you, it's so delicious with fresh tomatoes and basil this time of year.

I've made a similar cookie to Bunny's Pilsbury bake-off recipe only the cookie part was chocolate - so chocolate cookie around peanut butter "fudge". Spectacular.
    Count your blessings!

Closed Thread