Closed Thread

Thread: Recipes

Re: Recipes

Lil that sounds great and I will definitely be giving it a try. Do you put the rice on top of the soup mixture before you put the chicken on top?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3126544;
    mrd,

If you have a lot of great heirloom tomatoes right now and you need to make an appetizer for something, I would highly recommend the above.
    Sounds fabulous. I love gruyere too! Yum. Thanks for the recipe.

And I also happen to have shallots right now because you can't buy just one, they make you buy a bag of them.

May have to run to the store later for some other ingredients.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Heirloom tomatoes?? You can have tomatoes that have been in the family for hundreds of years?

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3126548;
    Lil that sounds great and I will definitely be giving it a try. Do you put the rice on top of the soup mixture before you put the chicken on top?
    The rice is actually mixed with the soup and other ingredients. Then lay the chicken across the top.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3126562;
    Heirloom tomatoes?? You can have tomatoes that have been in the family for hundreds of years?
    They're VERY ripe!!!!

Hubby wants pork chops tonight and I am tired of the same 3 ways we usually have them.
    Anyone have any ideas?

I have a lot of fresh basil, thyme, parsley, chives and rosemary growing right now if anyone has any suggestions using those with the pork.

Thanks.

MRD

about a week ago, I discovered that sugar free Jello Pudding has a new dark chocolate and raspberry flavor that is to die for.

Well this week I couldn't get it (different store), but I did find sugar free dark chocolate.
    I decided to experiment and I added a couple drops of orange extract to my pudding cup and it was delicious. I love the taste of chocolate and orange together.

But there are a LOT of really cool sounding flavors available in sugar free now. I think I might try the Dulce de Leche flavor next.

And I have tried the regular sugar free chocolate mixed with fresh strawberries and that's good too.

ETA: these are in the "snack pack" packages. And the added bonus is that the washed out containers make great paint holders for my daughter's art projects.

Do you happen to know if the artificial sweetener is Splenda in the pudding? I can't tolerate that and they don't always advertise it. I end up throwing away more sugar free stuff because of Splenda.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3126593;
    They're VERY ripe!!!!

Hubby wants pork chops tonight and I am tired of the same 3 ways we usually have them.
    Anyone have any ideas?

I have a lot of fresh basil, thyme, parsley, chives and rosemary growing right now if anyone has any suggestions using those with the pork.

Thanks.
    Myrosiedog,
    i posted this recipe for pork chops and I guarantee your hubby will love them!

For the chops:
    4 (10 to 12-ounce) bone-in pork chops, cut 1-inch thick
    1/4 cup olive oil
    2 to 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    Leaves from a few sprigs fresh thyme

Toss the chops with remaining ingredients and let marinate 1 hour or up to overnight covered in the refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before cooking.
    Heat a large 2 burner griddle pan over medium heat for 5 minutes until smoking hot. Cook pork until nicely browned on both sides, about 5 to 6 minutes on each side.

I use much more thyme than this recipe calls for and I grill them outside. I also grill fresh peaches to go with the chops.

I don't care for dijon mustard but it really works in this recipe. I hope you try it and enjoy it. My son got his braces tightened yesterday otherwise I would make them tonight, too! Oh, and I LOVE FARMERS MARKETS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3126727;
    But there are a LOT of really cool sounding flavors available in sugar free now. I think I might try the Dulce de Leche flavor next.
    That's the best one IMO.

MRD

luvsginger,
    I remember you posting this, I just didn't go back and check. DUH!
    But thanks. I think I'll give it a try tonight

Gut, I have no idea if it has Splenda. But I'll look at the label and let you know.

Closed Thread