Closed Thread
Page 71 of 773 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171571 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes

There is a recipe thread in here somewhere,Marley, the title is something about 'my famous recipes" or something to that effect. I'm eating up the last of the little bit of goodies I kept for myself tonight, then it's back to being good for a while!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I made way too much this year! My husband took a huge container of cookies and fudge down to the homeless shelter today plus another huge container to work. Those guys at work will eat anything.

This has been so much fun, I think we should keep some kind of cooking thread going all year and keep exchanging recipes. Whatcha think?
    I agree, and queenb, I think it was something like, "what do you cook that people go crazy for?", or something like that. It's kind of nice just having a 'baking' or 'cookie' thread, though, don't you think?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

My neighbor comes over last week to tell me about how she is going to make cookies for Christmas presents. She leaves and comes back to ask me if I had: Cream of tarter, Buttermilk, and Vanilla

I'm thinking wtf...Don't plan on making these cookies if you don't have the main ingredients, h e l l o
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    This has been so much fun, I think we should keep some kind of cooking thread going all year and keep exchanging recipes. Whatcha think?
    "Yes! Yes! Yessss!", I say, in my best Meg Ryan voice! I echo others by saying how much fun this thread has been and also, I agree with rosekid that it is nice having just a cookie/baking thread so it doesn't become all muddled together.

I've visited the Famous Food thread but got nothing out of it, much, except "Famous Hang-over Food." I think that I'll start just a general cooking thread where we can ask questions, post recipes and just a place for 'foodies' to hang out.

Marleybone: I thought of you today as I was going to the local outlet mall to harvest leftover Christmas stuff. A wonderful store called Sassafras, which has been in the mall for 17 years is closing, , because of rent increases and all their kitchen stuff was 80% off. If you can believe it, they had dog breed and dog bone cookie cutters for sale! If they had had anything beyond german shepherds and weiner dogs, I would have bought some! What was nice, though, is that I bought 2-$30.00 shortbread pans for $4.00!!! EACH! and various other things that float my cooking boat. I'll miss that store, though.

And lastly,
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam
    My neighbor comes over last week to tell me about how she is going to make cookies for Christmas presents. She leaves and comes back to ask me if I had: Cream of tarter, Buttermilk, and Vanilla

I'm thinking wtf...Don't plan on making these cookies if you don't have the main ingredients, h e l l o?!
    Zaaam: I'm surprised that the neighbor just didn't ask YOU to make the darn things for her! Da noy-ve!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaaam

I'm thinking wtf...Don't plan on making these cookies if you don't have the main ingredients, h e l l o
    You forgot that she asked for eggs too.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Well she had the desire to bake anyway. You could have just invited her in to cook there and saved you both some time.

Oh Lord NO! Non-stop talking, and she actually enjoys getting a rise out of me by standing in front of the tv and saying, "WHAT? Gonna get mad? Can't see your reality show huh? HuH?"
    It ticks me off to no end, so I always have to blare the volume and lean to my side so I can see around her.

We got 特 大阿萨阿 我, 瓦塔热苏破色? 瓦提示?  

What the hell?  Iacciden tly clicked something and its typing this way。 :lol Luckily Im going home。。

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    No, I'm saying I don't OWN a dishwasher! Don't even have room for one. But it probably wouldn't get much use anyway with just me here.
    I just got a microwave for Christmas, after not heving one since 1997. I'm having to take my rolling island away from the mixer to have anywhere to put it!
    Anyway, I'm finishing up my zillion cookies tonight, wheeehee! I've already done all the mixing so all I have to do is put them on sheets, bake, and eat raw dough while I'm waiting on the oven.
    This post made me laugh so hard. I do not own, nor want to own, a dishwasher. I have a nice hole under the cabinet where one should be but I like having the space for the trash can. I have never known anyone who didn't have to go searching through the dishwasher to find something they needed. I never have that problem. It's usually in the drainer where it is very easy to locate. Of course I'm pretty strange anyway. I recently bought a refrigerator and had them take the ice maker off before I'd finish the deal. That yucky old ice taste is too much for me. I make fresh ice everyday.
    Now about those cookies. I brought three tins on this trip with us, and I think they're gone. At least that's what my hips keep telling me. Next year I am NOT reading this thread.

Mav, I believe that the folks who sat across the aisle from us at dinner have taken over your computer. I do believe they were speaking whatever language that was that you just wrote.

Closed Thread