Closed Thread
Page 6 of 773 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes

This may sound stupid, but I'm trying a new Mac & Cheese recipe in the crockpot for dinner tonight. It's smelling WONDERFUL right now.

8 oz. Macaroni, cooked and drained
    16 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
    1 can evaporated milk
    2 eggs
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper

Reserve 1/4 of the cheese (1 cup, or 4 oz.), and mix everything else together in the crockpot. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, cover, and cook on low for a couple of hours until the cheese starts turning golden brown. DO NOT STIR or open the crockpot lid until then.

I'll let you know how it is.

Bravo, here's a good link for the different cuts of beef:

http://www.allrecipes.com/cb/ref/glo...ef/default.asp

I love my crockpot. This week I dry-roasted a chicken in it for the first time and it came out great! Tasted just like the rotisserie chickens that are popular now.

Wash and pat dry your whole chicken
    Put about 5 apple-sized balls of crumpled foil on the bottom of the pot (to keep the bird out of the grease)
    Season chicken as you like - I use garlic, thyme, sage, rosemary, lemon pepper, salt.
    Cook on high for about 5 hours.

The skin doesn't get very crispy in the crock pot, so if you like to eat the skin, place chicken on a roasting pan in a 400 degree oven for the last half-hour or so.

I read somewhere that if you cook it on low the chicken can get chewy, but other people prefer to cook it longer on low. So I guess it takes some experimentation.

Okay who posted the roast? I did the roast last night and it was to die for! I used tiny new pototoes and used the rack so it wasn't sitting in any grease. The drippings made the most delicious brown gravy and the meat was tender and juicy. My Nesco browns the meat so it was even better than being cooked in the oven! Excellent recipe.

PS: the chicken is tomorrow! Can't wait!

Was the roast the one in Dr. Pepper that FG posted? I want to try that, but I'm just not sure...

Oh, and the Mac & Cheese suhucked. Throw that recipe away.

I have a recipe for a roast involving Coca-Cola that I'm wanting to try, but it's not cooked in a crock pot; you cook it in a regular roasting pan in the oven.

I did make the following in the crock pot this weekend, and it turned out pretty good:

2 pounds round steak (or stew meat), cut into cubes
    1/4 cup flour
    1 envelope onion soup mix
    1 can (12 oz.) beer

Put the flour in a sealable plastic bag w/ the meat and shake to coat the meat. Place meat in the bottom of the crock pot. Sprinkle the onion soup mix over the meat, then pour the can of beer over all. Cook on Low 4-6 hours.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    John, thanks for that link!! I'm beef-type illiterate, although I could eat it every day of the week!

Ooh, I got a new crockpot this weekend from this thread. My old one I've had since college (10 years ago!).

It's 6-quart oval with programmable timer!! It rocks and I got the best deal ever! It was on sale, and the store didn't have any left, but had one that didn't have a box and they gave it to me a great deal on it. Woohoo!

Easy cheesey chicken (I made this last night)

3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts with garlic pepper and salt
    2 cans of cream of chicken soup
    1 can of cheddar cheese soup

Cook for 6-8 hours on low and server over rice or noodles. Yum and SO easy!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Originally posted by John
    Was the roast the one in Dr. Pepper that FG posted? I want to try that, but I'm just not sure...

Oh, and the Mac & Cheese suhucked. Throw that recipe away.

No, it was this Originally posted by syd18
    :
    Put a beef roast and 1 can of beef consomme, 1 can of french onion and 1 can of beef broth (all from Campbells soup) a couple of beef boullion cubes and cook on low all day. This is really good! We eat it on hoagies with mozerella cheese and use the broth for dipping.

This was the best golldern roast I have ever cooked! We sliced it thin and did sandwiches. The broth I used for an au jus gravy over the sandwiches. Can't wait to make this one again!

Oh, by the way I sliced a a huge Spanish Onion very thin and placed it in the bottom with the soupstock. I cooked the roast on the rack thingy. We used the onions on the sandwiches. Is your mouth watering yet?

omg i have to get a crockpot.

when is my freakin' pizza gonna get here!??

They just had mine (Nesco) on QVC for only $30.00. My mother spent around $60 just before Christmas for the one she gave me. Order now, you won't be sorry!

Closed Thread