Closed Thread
Page 51 of 773 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes

MollyRose you are my goddess tonight! Those are the meringue cookies that my Grandma makes that I've been dying to try on my own! MMMMMM!!! Good stuff there! Thank you thank you thank you, now I know what I'm taking to my friend's Christmas party!

Quote Originally Posted by who_me?
    Off topic...sorry, but Lambikins are you a professional baker? You sure are knowledgeable in this area....I wish I could bake.
    Honey, you can bake. Anyone can. Give it a try. If you chose to use 93 ingredients instead of a mix, go for it. If you want to let someone else do the mixing, that's fine too. You don't need to impress anyone but yourself. Just add you own personal touch to whatever you make. Why not start with something simple and then work up? I would like to read, in the next few days, that you've tried something. Now just read back and decide what appeals to you.
    If I can answer any questions, pm me. I'm sure that the same goes for all the rest of the group.

Why thank you Muduh, I think I can, I think I can....If I bake, its normally something that comes out of a box, like a cake I baked one time for a guy at work, the box said MOIST cake..it was sooooo dry, we had to choke it down. Not a glass of milk to be found anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    rosekid: I'm completely entranced by the recipe for Lemon Whippersnaps. What are they like? Macaroons? Meringues? I normally avoid any pre-fad mixes like the plague, but I'm interested enough in the simple ingredients to give it a go.

By the way, since I never buy "mixes", do they come in different sizes? Is there ONE brand you use consistently? I'll be making these this weekend, so I'll buy the ingredients once I read your response.

Also, with the addition of Cool Whip, do they have to be refrigerated?
    lambi, I can't stress enough how good these are, and the recipe is from my dear, departed Mother, Rose , which makes them even better. Not like macaroons or meringues, more like the texture of a chewy oatmeal cookie, but lemony good. Have you ever made chocolate crinkle cookies? They crack like that on top. Very light and pretty....nice change on a tray of usual chocolate fare. I honestly get more requests for these than some of the more time-consuming cookies I bake. I use the Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Lemon Supreme cake mix that's 18.25 oz. They do not need to be refrigerated, but I freeze all the cookies I make this time of year (I bake like a mad woman , freeze everything, then distribute on plates closer to the 25th), and they freeze well, too. Just make sure not to overbake them....start checking them around 8 minutes, just to be safe. They are chewier and prettier when then don't brown. Truly lovely. People will think you slaved over a hot oven all day.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

who-me? Your oven may have been hotter than the dial said. That causes the cake to cook too quickly.
    Two flavors I love are lemon and mint. Thank you girls for those delicious sounding recipes. Guess it's back to the grocery tomorrow morning.

Quote Originally Posted by who_me?
    Why thank you Muduh, I think I can, I think I can....If I bake, its normally something that comes out of a box, like a cake I baked one time for a guy at work, the box said MOIST cake..it was sooooo dry, we had to choke it down. Not a glass of milk to be found anywhere.
    I KNOW you can, I KNOW you can. I have baked several things this morning and am now about ready to tackle the whippersnappers of Roseskid's. Those caught my eye because I am such a lover of lemon. Later today, if I hold up, it's on to a Fruitcake! My house smells heavenly right now. It's begnning to smell a lot like Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I KNOW you can, I KNOW you can. I have baked several things this morning and am now about ready to tackle the whippersnappers of Roseskid's. Those caught my eye because I am such a lover of lemon. Later today, if I hold up, it's on to a Fruitcake! My house smells heavenly right now. It's begnning to smell a lot like Christmas.

MMM Muduh.. I love fruitcake.. Could you please post your fruitcake recipe here??? plllllease

You can't be serious. I have been offered good money for that recipe. It dies with me.
    By the way, the Whippersnaps are so good I can't even describe them. The recipe makes a good four dozen. My husband will be lead to believe that it makes about 2 1/2 dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    You can't be serious. I have been offered good money for that recipe. It dies with me.
    By the way, the Whippersnaps are so good I can't even describe them. The recipe makes a good four dozen. My husband will be lead to believe that it makes about 2 1/2 dozen.
    C'mom Muduh...we'll get together and have a Muduh fruitcake fund
    I don't like fruitcake but maybe I'd start if I tasted yours *hint hint*

I'm doing my baking on Monday, just wanted to say Thanks for the recipes to try!
    I am looking for a Cream Cheese Snowball recipe...it's a no baker and we rolled them in coconut (coloured for the holidays)...any one??
    ---------------------
    opps....

Closed Thread