Closed Thread
Page 5 of 773 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes

OK, Z, I've got "Chicken a la Zhora" going in the crockpot as I type, so I'll let you all know how it turns out after dinner tonight!

Oh...with the dried stuffing mix on the top of everything, are we supposed to stir it at any point, or will the soup/cheese basically come up from underneath and moisten/cook it?

Originally posted by ClaraBella
    Hey that sounds great. Especially since I have no idea how to cook chicken breasts other than to bread and fry them which gets boring.
    Simple Chicken Cooking: Take two or three frozen, boneless, skinnless chicken breasts and place them in a baking pan(line with foil for easier clean-up), salt and pepper the top of them lightly and then bake on 350 for 30-40 minutes. They will be golden brown when done and smell heavenly. You can then use them in chicken sandwhiches, Chicken salad, as a topping for pizza....whatever really. Sometimes I cut up onions and bell peppers and cook them on top in the same baking pan(cover with foil before baking to avoid dried out veggies). This is the healthiest way I know to cook chicken and it is pretty tasty too! It is no fuss and you can add the chicken to anything for a quick meal.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Lobeck, I can't wait to hear how the "C ala Z" comes out as I am making it tomorrow!

Feif, thanks for the easy chicken recipe!

I LOVE to bake (absolutely everything under the sun), but don't cook much at all!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Okay, I made the Zhora dish on Sunday and it was great! I used a little too much garlic though (and I only had 1/2 stick of butter, but that seemed to be fine)

I never knew you could do more in the crockpot than chili and pot roast So I started doing some looking around and found this site that has about 500 crockpot recipes! Check it out! I think I've found my new best friend (the crockpot I've had for 10 years!)

http://southernfood.about.com/cs/crockpotrecipes1/
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Originally posted by BravoFan
    Okay, I made the Zhora dish on Sunday and it was great! I used a little too much garlic though
    Sorry about that BF. I just looooooove garlic. I always write recipes that tell people to use as much as they like because if I told them to use as much as I do they probably wouldn't talk to me again. I used to put in in everything I made except for dessert. I've managed to bring my garlic habit a little more under control the last couple of years though.

Hi. I also got a crockpot for Christmas, which was good since the knob had fallen off my old one. Here's a recipe for french dip that we are having tomorrow:
    Put a beef roast and 1 can of beef consomme, 1 can of french onion and 1 can of beef broth (all from Campbells soup) a couple of beef boullion cubes and cook on low all day. This is really good! We eat it on hoagies with mozerella cheese and use the broth for dipping.

I love garlic too! I think that's why I tend to overuse It makes Mr. BF sick though for some reason, so I have to learn to control it!

Thanks so much for the recipe! I think I'm going to be a crockpot fiend in 2003!

Originally posted by syd18
    :
    Put a beef roast and 1 can of beef consomme, 1 can of french onion and 1 can of beef broth (all from Campbells soup) a couple of beef boullion cubes and cook on low all day. This is really good! We eat it on hoagies with mozerella cheese and use the broth for dipping.
    This sounds really good too!

Okay, I'm a dork, and I confessed I'm not a :chef at ALL! And I have a really hard time understanding all the different kinds of beef roasts! Is there a particular kind that is better to use, leaner, more moist, best for crockpot, etc...?

You should see me standing at the meat section of the grocery store. I look completely lost!

Bravo, that link is excellent I just put it in my favorites. I have used my Nesco roaster/slow cooker every night now since I received it and absolutely love it. For those of you who want to check that particular one out, you can find it on QVC.com. This one browns, roasts, bakes, steams and slow cooks all in one. I also know someone who got one of those rotisseries (set it and forget it) and loves it too so I am looking into one of those too. But anyway, thanks for the recipes and the links! I am so hungry right now..... off to the kitchen!

I did Zhora's chicken tonight in the nesco oven roaster/baker/crockpot and it was heaven! Thank you Zhora for this great fantastic and easy recipe!

Closed Thread