Closed Thread

Thread: Recipes

I'm glad the Cranberry Chicken turned out well for you and you both liked it, Lildago and Roseskid.

Myrosiedog, I made your Pumpkin Crunch Cake, and it was delicious. It was so easy to make, and the pecans on the top almost tasted like candied pecans.

I've got to quit trying all these fantastic desserts before I gain a ton of weight. I'm lazy and don't like to exercise.

To prove I don't just make desserts, I tried Mariner's Cabbage Salad Oriental. It was terrific and is definitely a keeper and something I will be making frequently.

The veggie lasagna sounds gooooood. Can anyone tell me how to do a search for it? I suck at it - when I tried it took me to the recipe thread, but no page or post number.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I found one on page page 244, cricketeen.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I have to go get the 15 beans...
    15 Beans? What is that, myrosiedog, like 2.5 beans per bowl?

Sorry, but when you said you had to buy 15 beans, it sounded like a fairy tale soup.

JLuvs: The soup was wonderful!!! You're so right, it makes enough to feed, well, a fort. Michele had her boyfriend over so we got to share it right away. It was a perfect, simple meal with the dark rye bread and baked apples. THANKS!

cricketeen: HERE is a link to 100's of Mollie Katzen recipes, she of the MOOSEWOOD COOKBOOK. There's no lasagna (or a brief scan didn't show one) but there are a boatload of other yummy recipes for you and other vegetarians. http://www.molliekatzen.com/archives.php

edited to add link for cricketeen
    Last edited by lambikins; 10-07-2006 at 10:59 AM.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Roseskid: Thank You for the confetti soup recipe.

*said prominently after reading pet peeves thread*
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

misskitty.

lambikins, or anyone else - Do you have a good recipe for broccoli rice casserole? Ive seen many on here that I could try, but I wanted a recipe that someone has tried, and really likes. It usually has broccoli, rice and lots of cheese in it. Thanks!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    lambikins, or anyone else - Do you have a good recipe for broccoli rice casserole? Ive seen many on here that I could try, but I wanted a recipe that someone has tried, and really likes. It usually has broccoli, rice and lots of cheese in it. Thanks!
    angelic_one: Some recipes are so standard, like that Green Bean Onion Ring casserole that is wonderful at Thanksgiving, and this one is also a standard at our home.

This recipe came from the Campbell Soup webpage but it's identical to one that I got off of their cans, years ago.

BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE

2 10-oz. packages frozen chopped broccoli
    3 cups instant rice (I use Uncle Ben's)
    1 10.75-oz. can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
    1 10.75-ounce can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
    1 ╝ cups water
    1 (16-oz.) package processed American cheese, cubed (I use Velvetta)
    1 Tbls. butter
    1 bunch celery, chopped
    1 large onion, chopped
    Salt and pepper to taste

Cook broccoli and rice according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a medium saucepan over low heat, mix cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, and 1 ╝ cups water. Gradually stir in cheese until melted. Be careful that the cheese doesn't burn.

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and sautÚ celery and onion until soft.

In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, rice, soup and cheese mixture, celery and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into a greased 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish.

Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, until bubbly and lightly brown.

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

angelic_one: I also wanted to note that you can change the "Cream of...." soup into whatever you like. I gave this recipe to several friends and some of them use Cream of Asparagus, some Cream of Celery and some just double up on the same soup.

I really like the slight chicken flavour of the original recipe that I copied down, so I stuck with that. Plus, I don't like celery that much so the 1 bunch of celery is ENOUGH celery for my taste buds. I chop it up so tiny that I don't know it's in there.

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    can someone please point me to the page with myrosie's Pumpkin crunch cake recipe on it . We love everything pumpkin and would love to try it out.
    thanks a bunch
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

Closed Thread