Closed Thread

Thread: Recipes

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Need something simple? I've made this WW recipe several times and really like it. FYI... if you want to cook it faster, it cooks just as well on high for 4-5 hours.

Crockpot: BBQ pulled pork

1 boneless pork tenderloin or boneless pork loin
    1 can Diet Coke or other zero-calorie dark cola
    1 c ketchup
    1 chopped onion
    1 tsp garlic powder
    Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients but the pork. Place the pork in the crockpot and cover with remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 10-11 hours. Shred the pork and enjoy.
    Sounds good, can you substitue something for the ketchup? Not allowed, too much sugar.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

You know... I bet instead of going for the bbq aspect you could probably substitute salsa, or tomatoes and maybe some taco seasoning to get more of a southwestern flavor.

Or...
    Crockpot sour cream salsa chicken

4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts 4 oz. each
    1 package taco seasoning mix
    1 cup salsa
    2 Tablespoons corn starch
    1/4 Fat free sour cream

Spray crockpot w/cooking spray; Add chicken breasts. Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning. Top with salsa. Cook on low for 6 hours. When ready to serve, remove chicken from crockpot. Place cornstarch in a little water, mix well & stir in sour cream; Mix well. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    You know... I bet instead of going for the bbq aspect you could probably substitute salsa, or tomatoes and maybe some taco seasoning to get more of a southwestern flavor.

Or...
    Crockpot sour cream salsa chicken

4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts 4 oz. each
    1 package taco seasoning mix
    1 cup salsa
    2 Tablespoons corn starch
    1/4 Fat free sour cream

Spray crockpot w/cooking spray; Add chicken breasts. Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning. Top with salsa. Cook on low for 6 hours. When ready to serve, remove chicken from crockpot. Place cornstarch in a little water, mix well & stir in sour cream; Mix well. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
    Oh, that sounds good and I can have that. The hardest thing about this new way to eat is that I am so limited. No carbs, no starches, no sugar. Well that pretty much limits what you can have to hardly anything. I bought taco seasoning yesterday thinking that I could use it in something, anything. I LOVE mexican inspired foods, so this just may be the ticket. Thanks for giving me the recipe.

I am just at a loss lately on this eating thing. I have trouble eating, I don't like the taste or smell of anything since the surgery and I haven't been able to cook for myself. So its been a real challenge. I know I will eventually get the hang of it, but until then, I'm so tired of eating cheese and turkey bacon.

Thanks for your help.

I need some help again! I'm having a couple of friends over for supper in 2 weeks. I'm thinking of doing Grilled Red Snapper and Mango with Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette (found it on Epicurious.com). On the site, it says to serve with Spanish rice, however, the recipes I found were underwhelming.

What do you think would go well with this recipe? I'd like something fresh, original and above all, vegetarian, as my friends are vegetarians (but they eat fish). I'm thinking of rice/couscous/barley and vegetables.

Thanks!

Honestly, I've found that either the Konriko brand packaged rice dishes (the Hot N' Spicy Rice Pilaf kicks ass) or any of the Near East brand cous cous packages are pretty darn good and really easy. Personally, if you want something a little different, I like the Near East Taboule salad. I'd take the pressure off yourself and use one of those side dishes and then just do a vegetable or green salad. The fish sounds excellent.
    Last edited by Mariner; 04-18-2006 at 09:12 AM.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

MRD
    Easy and good spainish rice

2 cups cooked white rice.
    1 can rotel tomatos and chilis
    1 small can tomato sauce
    2 cups shredded cheddar
    1 small onion chopped fine
    2 cloves of garlic minced
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper

Mix all ingredients together and bake in a greased casserole dish for about 30 min. until everything is heated through. I then add more shredded cheddar to the top and stick back in to melt it.

FORT Newbie
    google.com just launched an awesome recipe review site

this is recipe for a potato salad

it's a bit troublesome but definitely worth the trouble!

2 large red potato
    1 hard boil egg (diced)
    5 pieces of bacon
    5 shitake mushrooms (chopped)
    1 onion (finely chopped)
    some mayoniese

boil the 2 potatoes together with the egg
    then leave it to cool, DO NOT leave it in the water!!!as it will take away the fragrance of the potato!
    fry the bacon till it's very crispy!
    take out the bacon then pan fry the mushroom and onion with the oil left by the bacon!
    sprinkle some pepper
    then mix everything together with some mayoniese! (remember to cut the bacon into small pieces)
    squeeze some orange juice into the mixture!alternatively lemon will be fine

orange fragrance miggling with the potato salad...
    aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

try it!
    cool it in the fridge or serve it right away!
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

I don't know if anyone has tried the rhubarb cake recipe I posted a couple of pages back (probably not as rhubarb isn't in season yet), but I got a hankering for it after posting so I tried the same recipe with chunks of apple and raisins instead of the rhubarb. Just delicious. I'm going to make it again next week.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by danglad311 View Post
    google.com just launched an awesome recipe review site
    And we would find that where? Where do I go after I'm on google.com home page? I can't find anything that says recipes?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Closed Thread