Closed Thread

Thread: Recipes

This recipe is in response to a poster talking about her Orgasm in the Mouth Cake, in the Top Chef thread. I haven't tried it, but the picture sure makes me want to have a cigarette after looking at it!

CHOCOLATE AND KAHLUA ORGASM MUFFINS

Chocolate Kahlua Orgasm Muffins
    from 'Heavenly Pleasures' Kerry Greenwood
    http://esurientes.blogspot.com/2005/...m-muffins.html

Be careful eating these. Straight out of the oven the melted chocolate can burn your tongue, like the hot jam in a doughnut. Refresh them when cold with 20 seconds in the microwave.

Note from Lambikins: I did the (conversions) but someone with more Metric experience than myself should check them.

For the muffins:
    2 cups self-raising flour
    1/4 cup cocoa
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    125g melted butter ( 1/2 stick of butter/4 ounces)
    2 eggs
    1 cup milk

For the filling:
    200g bittersweet chocolate (7 ounces of Bittersweet Chocolate)
    1/2 cup thickened cream

Preheat the oven to 200C (375 or 400 F????) and grease 12 muffin cups.

Make the filling by melting the chocolate and cream together, either 2 minutes in a microwave or just stir it in a saucepan over the stove until it melts and combines. Set it aside.

For the muffins, mix the flour, cocoa and brown sugar together in a large bowl.

Using a separate bowl, mix together the butter, eggs and milk. Pour the egg mixture into the flour and slap it about a bit (do this quickly).

Using a metal spoon, put a glob of muffin mix into the tins, filling them less than halfway.

Then put a glob of filling into each tin, then top with the rest of the muffin mix. You now have muffins with a spoonful of chocolate sauce in the middle of each one. Do this quickly, or they will still taste nice but they won't rise.

Shove into the oven and bake for about 12 minutes (you should know how your oven works). They are cooked when they spring back when poked.

edited to correct conversion amounts....I think.
    Last edited by lambikins; 03-30-2006 at 11:08 AM.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Lambi, am i reading it wrong? Where does the Kalhua go?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    Lambi, am i reading it wrong? Where does the Kalhua go?
    Well, that's a total pisser! I copied and pasted the recipe from the link, and I was paying so much attention to the conversions to US measurements, it totally escaped my seeing the loss of kalhua!

Perhaps, it goes into the cook?!

I'll have to do some more research on alcohol in muffins to see what the ratio would be. I clicked onto the link which led me to another link which was just an ad for the author promoting themself. Glad you caught that!

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Regarding the Chocolate-Kahlua muffins: I couldn't find another single recipe on the web that had a chocolate filling, but I found tons of chocolate-kahlua cake recipes. For a 4 egg cake, they were using 3/4 cup of Kahlua; since the muffins are a 2 egg mix, I'd cut the Kahlua in half and use 1/3 cup plus 1 Tablespoon to equal half the amount.

But, here's a bonafide Chocolate-Kahlua cake recipe that got rave reviews!

Kahlua Muffins #34746
    recipe by Deborah1

I found this recipe at Bed & Breakfast Online, a neat site that features B&B's from all over the U.S. and their favorite recipes. This recipe is from Highland Croft B&B in Guthrie, OK. It is an awesome recipe that fills the house with a wonderful aroma while baking and be warned, you won't be able to eat just one!
    18 muffins
    30 minutes 10 mins prep
    1 box yellow cake mix
    1 (3 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
    4 eggs
    1 cup sour cream
    1 cup vegetable oil
    1 cup chopped pecans
    1 cup brown sugar
    3/4 cup Kahlua

In a small bowl combine pecans, brown sugar and Kahlua.
    Let sit until needed.
    In a large bowl,and I do mean large, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, vegetable oil and sour cream, and mix on low speed until moistened.
    Add the eggs, one at a time and mix well after each.
    Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed, the mixture will be very thick, don't panic.
    Slowly mix in the pecan mixture, until well mixed.
    Pour into very well greased muffin cups, see note below.
    Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
    Pop out of pan and cool on rack, if you can wait that long to eat one.
    NOTE: Make sure you use well greased muffin tins, if you're using non-stick pans.
    I spray mine with Baker's Ease and am sure to run my finger all around the inside and rim.
    I find the darker the pan, the better the muffin.
    If they stick, you did not grease enough.
    Just run a spatuala around the edge to release.
    I noted these make 18 regular size muffins.
    These do not rise a lot so you can fill 2/3 way full without spill over.
    When I make, I make 12 regular muffins and 6 mini-bundt size, or I might make 48 mini muffins and 6 regular muffins.
    http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/get...6&format=print

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Thanks guys, I actually googled cookbook fundraising publishers and there are a bunch, and many of them had free kits to send, so I have ordered several free kits and we will see from there. Most advertised that you can email them the recipes and they catorgorize them, etc. HOpefully the kits start arriving soon as I am already getting tons of recipes emailed to me. I set up a separate email account just for the recipes.
    Was one of the publishers Morris Press? They are located in Kearney, NE which is on the way to my MIL's. They have a little storefront where they sell the overruns for $2-$4, I was just there last month and had a blast. I came home with 2 bags full of cookbooks plus I got 8 free because they give away 2 free cookbooks for every $10 you spend. It's cookbook heaven.

Here's the Kahlua

Following Lambi's original link,

This paragraph preceded the recipe:

The kahlua is an addition my friend and I made when we were making these for dessert at 11.30 at night. It seemed like such a good idea! We added a few spoons to the chocolate sauce, and drizzled some over the tops of the muffins when they came out of the oven. Surprisngly, considering how profligate we were with the alcohol, we couldn't taste it much at all! I think the chocolate sauce could have all kinds of things added to it - nuts, peppermint, Cointreau - but simple is sometimes the best too.
    Last edited by veejer; 03-30-2006 at 04:52 PM.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

...CHOCOLATE AND KAHLUA ORGASM MUFFINS..
    Is this recipe GUARANTEED? Just wondering because it's been way too long since I've had, you know, ......chocolate.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by veejer View Post
    Following Lambi's original link,

This paragraph preceded the recipe:
    For YOU, veejer, for finding the missing "nut" in that recipe! You did a good job of squirreling around for it! I went right to the recipe and didn't bother reading the blog past the first paragraph. With the various choco-kahlua recipes that I found on the web, they really could taste the kahlua in the recipes; I'm rather surprised that with adding it to both the batter and drizzling it over the top that they barely could taste it.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty
    Quote:
    ...CHOCOLATE AND KAHLUA ORGASM MUFFINS..

Is this recipe GUARANTEED? Just wondering because it's been way too long since I've had, you know, ......chocolate.
    Well, misskitty, you could always be our Official Taste-Tester and let us know if you have any....er-r-r...positive reactions.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Was one of the publishers Morris Press? They are located in Kearney, NE which is on the way to my MIL's. They have a little storefront where they sell the overruns for $2-$4, I was just there last month and had a blast. I came home with 2 bags full of cookbooks plus I got 8 free because they give away 2 free cookbooks for every $10 you spend. It's cookbook heaven.
    I don't know. I just clicked send me the kit on the ones that came up, so have no idea if one is Morris. Until I start getting kits. I'll let you know.

What a great deal on cookbooks. And I love that kind of cookbook because you know that everyone puts in their best recipe so its all good stuff.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I just wanted to share the moistest chocolate cake recipe. The frosting is very light and fluffy and not too sweet. It's the one my mom always makes for our birthdays. Mom is 80, but she still likes to make our birthday cakes. She decorates the cake with chocolate shavings/curls.

Chocolate Cake

2 cups all purpose flour
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking powder
    2 tsp baking soda
    3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa
    2 cups sugar
    1 cup vegetable oil
    1 cup hot coffee
    1 cup milk
    2 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla

Sift dry ingredients together Add sugar, oil, coffee, milk. Mix on medium for 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, mix for 2 more minutes. Batter will be thin. Pour into a greased and floured cake pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.

Icing

1 cup milk
    1/3 cup (5 T) flour
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup shortening
    1 cup powdered sugar
    1 tsp vanilla

Combine milk and flour, cook over medium heat until thick. Cover and refrigerate. In mixing bowl, beat butter, shortening, sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add cooled milk/flour mixture and beat medium/high for 10 minutes.
    Frost completely cooled cake.

Closed Thread