Closed Thread

Thread: Recipes

Thanks, roseskid!!! I have a ton of zucchini and I'm making this tomorrow!

That's a sweet memory! I think I'll make a lava lamp too!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Applesauce Cupcakes

OK, don't laugh at this request. I need a good recipe for applesauce cupcakes. I've found several online but was wondering if any of you have one that you have made and could recommend.

My baby will turn one in May. This will be a very special occassion for our family due to her terribly difficult birth and rough first several months. We want to have a party to celebrate her birthday and I would like to serve applesauce cupcakes for the little ones. I have a bit of time, but since time seems to slip away from me so quickly, I thought I would start planning now.

If possible, I would like a recipe with little or no sugar, no honey and no nuts. Am I demanding or what.

Thanks!

Sorry, apple, but I did laugh!

My dad is a diabetic so I have a sugar-free cookbook for when he visits. I found this recipe for a cake but you could do cupcakes instead.

SUGAR FREE APPLESAUCE CAKE

2 c. water
    2 c. raisins
    1 c. unsweetened applesauce
    2 eggs
    2 tbsp. liquid sweetener
    3/4 c. oil
    1 tbsp. baking soda
    2 c. flour
    1 1/4 tbsp. cinnamon
    1 tsp. vanilla

Cook raisins in water until all water is gone. Mix applesauce, sweetener, eggs and oil together. Then add all other ingredients and stir together. Pour into a greased and floured tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees until tested done with a toothpick.

Anyone have a quick marinade for shrimp? I don't have time for something that has to sit overnight. These bad boys are going to be on the grill in a couple hours.

Fort Member
    Lildago try pineapple juice
    You can add some garlic a little soya sauce as well
    Only need to marinate for 20 minutes or so
    Gives them a nice tropical oriental feel

That sounds good, Lucynda! Thanks, I'll give it a try.

In recognition of St. Patrick's Day, here's a recipe from Emeril. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds good.

Potatoe, Onion and Pea CHAMP
    Emeril Lagassi'
    St. Patricks Day
    ------------------------------------------------
    2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
    1 stick Irish butter
    1/2 bunch scallions (green onions), chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 cup milk
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1 cup fresh baby peas, cooked and drained

Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan. Cover with salted water and bring to a boil.

Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender. Drain well and return to the pan.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the green onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant, 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from the heat.

Return the pan with the potatoes to medium-low heat and cook for 1 minute, shaking the pan.

While mashing with a potato masher, slowly add the milk, mashing until the potatoes are creamy. Add 1/2 of the hot butter with the green onions and mash to incorporate. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.

Remove from the heat and fold in the cooked peas. Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle the remaining butter and onions over the top. Serve hot.

Enjoy ye all!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I went over to a friend's house this weekend and she made this amazing pasta recipe. I don't have the quantities, but it is not necessary.

Pasta with cherry tomatoes and feta

Put about a couple of tablespoons of oil in a pan. Sauté onions, garlic, mushrooms and whole cherry tomatoes. When the tomatoes start breaking up and the mushrooms are cooked, add about a turn of the pan of white wine. Let evaporate, then add about 1/2 cup of chicken stock. (You need just enough stock so that the sauce will not be dry and will coat the pasta well). Just before the pasta is ready, add crumbled feta cheese in the sauce, with fresh basil, parsley or/and mint. Mix the pasta with the sauce. It was light and delicious.

Great spring/summer recipe.

Since gardening season is on the way and rhubarb will soon be unfurling it's leaves, I thought I'd post the recipe for the only cake I've ever made more than once (actually, I make it about four times a year). I would not recommend using frozen rhubarb, which I did once. It's too soggy and not tart enough to complement the sweetness of the brown sugar.

RHUBARB CAKE

¼ cup butter
    1½ cups brown sugar
    2 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2 1/3 cups flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt
    1 cup yogourt
    4 cups rhubarb
    brown sugar and cinnamon to taste

Mix butter and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture alternately with yogourt. Stir in rhubarb. Pour into baking pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake at 350° for 50 to sixty minutes
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I just bought a crepe pan and would like to make some to freeze; either for dessert or for a main meal. Does anyone have a good recipe? Is one normally sweeter than the other? I'd appreciate any advice. Thank you.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Closed Thread