Closed Thread

Thread: Recipes

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Got this recipe from my friend and fantastic chef, Carl.
    This recipe sounds harder than it is and its definetly worth it. These are the BEST quesedillas in the world!
    myrosiedog: I, too, have been waiting for this recipe since I saw you talking about it in another thread! Have you had it with chicken? I don't care for steak, at all, but would love to make this.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    myrosiedog: I, too, have been waiting for this recipe since I saw you talking about it in another thread! Have you had it with chicken? I don't care for steak, at all, but would love to make this.
    Yes, its better with steak, but I'm partial to steak, but its still quite good with chicken if that's your thing. I like it both ways. But like I said, the steak is my favorite.

It is divine tho either way. It's those carmelized onions, let me tell you!

Sorry Archie and Lambi that it took me so long. I had to actually get up and get out my huge (and I do mean HUGE) binder of collected recipes and find it. I am pretty organized (see OCD thread.), but as I've won the Olympic Gold Medal for Extreme Sitting this week, I was just too lazy to get up and do it, plus I did have to be out for several hours last night.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Myrosiedog, I made some chicken quesidillas the other night with some leftover chicken and they came out so bland! I wish I'd had your recipe then . . . but I sure am looking forward to using it the next time I make some! Thanks for posting it!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post

Yes, its better with steak, but I'm partial to steak, but its still quite good with chicken if that's your thing. I like it both ways. But like I said, the steak is my favorite.

It is divine tho either way. It's those carmelized onions, let me tell you!

Sorry Archie and Lambi that it took me so long. I had to actually get up and get out my huge (and I do mean HUGE) binder of collected recipes and find it. I am pretty organized (see OCD thread.), but as I've won the Olympic Gold Medal for Extreme Sitting this week, I was just too lazy to get up and do it, plus I did have to be out for several hours last night.
    Ya know what, myrosiedog? I'm going to try your recipe, substituting grilled portabello mushrooms for your steak. I find substituting "ports" for steak is very satisfactory! Darn this crappy Winter weather we're having right now! If the roads had a decent visability, I'd hike over to the grocery store and grab those mushrooms NOW!

And don't worry about the delay, Love. Sometimes it takes me a couple of weeks to get one posted, especially if I'm stuck, working, in another State.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Thank you queenB for the history on King Cakes. I learn something new everyday here on the FORT.

And MyRosieDog thank you for the quesadilla recipe. I too was waiting with bated breath. YUM YUM

I'm thinking it would be pretty good to substitute SALMON instead of chicken or steak!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Well, my daughter loves to help me cook (she's four) and while I'm experimenting, I've been trying to find recipes that can include her but that aren't too messy or time-consuming. Were there any recipes that some of you mothers used to (or still) make with your children that you could share with us?
    Star, I finally have a minute to give you another suggestion. Many years ago a friend gave me this recipe for macaroni and cheese. It's not only simple to make, creamy and delicious, but also was a good meal for my daughter to help make with me. Using one of those cheese slicers with the thin wire, I'd let her cut the cheese (no, not that kind of cheese cutting ) and measure the flour and macaroni.

Tucson Teri's Macaroni & Cheese

2 c. uncooked macaroni (I use the small shells because they hold lots of cheese and my daughter thought they were 'cute' ).
    1 lb. Velveeta cheese - cut into smallish cubes
    1 c. milk
    2 tbsp. butter
    2 tbsp. flour
    Salt & Pepper

Cook macaroni according to directions. In the meantime, melt butter in 3 qt. saucepan on stove. Turn down the flame and mix in flour, then slowly add milk with whisk. Toss in cheese and cook until smooth and creamy stirring constantly. When macaroni is cooked, drain, then add to cheese mixture and combine thoroughly. Pour into Pam'd 2 qt. casserole dish, season with salt and pepper, and bake at 350 for 30 - 45 minutes. The top browns beautifully, and we think it's probably the best macaroni and cheese we've ever had. I usually steam some broccoli (are we the only family who loves broccoli?) and serve with a salad.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

A safe way for kids to slice Velveeta cheese, is with thread or dental floss. No way can they get hurt, and it is actually kind of fun!

This evening, in a fit of misplaced domesticity, I decided I'd bake a cake for the first time in my life. Yes, I'm 31. No, I've never done it before. Yes, it all went horribly awry. No, I won't be doing it again anytime soon. Did I take a picture to commemorate the event? You're damn right I did!

Mmm, burnt vaguely turtle-shaped cake.

If you think I'm not frosting and eating it, though, you're sorely mistaken.

The burnt edges taste best, Amanda.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Amanda, thanks for the laugh. I'm not about to try to guess what went wrong as I'm not a baker at all, but I'm sure some of our FoRT domestic goddesses will help steer you in the right direction. Let us know how it tastes.

Closed Thread