Closed Thread
Page 21 of 773 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121521 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes

I make a really awesome potato salad too.. but I'm not a fan of the overly creamy, goopy potato salad. I like mine a little more like a real salad.. with potatoes. No precise measuring..

For the Salad
    New Potatoes, or Fingerling Potatoes
    4 Eggs (or more)
    Celery
    Carrots
    2 Red Onions
    Green Beans
    Scallions (Green Onion)
    Garlic
    Oregano, Basil, Thyme, Tarragon, Mint, Dill (not necessarily all together, but certain ones go well with each other)

For the Dressing (this is a little more precise)
    1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
    1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1/4 cup Mayo OR plain Yogurt (NOT Miracle Whip!)
    1/4 cup Dijon Mustard (1/2 Grainy and 1/2 Regular is even better)
    1 teaspoon Horseradish (or creamed horseradish)
    A few dashes of Worcestershire and Tabasco Sauce
    1 Clove of Garlic (crushed)
    Salt, Pepper

Par-boil the potatoes, and then cut them in half. At the same time, hard boil the eggs, and remove them from their shells, and steam the green beans. Cut the carrots in half lengthwise, and then cut 1" to 1 1/2" pieces. Peal the onions, and cut into Eighths. Toss the potatoes and carrots with olive oil, salt, pepper and crushed garlic, and put on a baking sheet. Places the onions on the same sheet and drizzle with a little more oil, and salt and pepper. Roast until the carrots and onions are soft and the potatoes are brown and crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. Dice the celery. While the vegetables are still hot, toss the potatoes, carrots, onions, green beans, green onions and celery together in a large bowl. Slice the eggs and put half into the bowl now, and reserve the other half for later. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together, and add to the vegetables. Toss together with the herbs. Mint and Oregano go well together (as do Basil and Mint, Tarragon and Basil, Thyme and Oregano, Dill and Tarragon). Add the remaining eggs, and toss gently one more time.

The Dijon and the small amount of mayo (or yogurt) will give it the body that it needs, but it wont be nearly as goopy. The eggs (the yolk) also help to bring in some richness. The dressing gets absorbed by the potatoes much better if it's dressed while the potatoes are still hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    This topic is my favorite ever. I'm a cooking fool. Love to try different things. How much more simple could it get than:

ITALIAN CHICKEN BREASTS
    5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    1 small bottle low fat Italian Dressing
    1/2 cup melted butter
    Combine ALL(3)of the ingredients and cook in crockpot for 6-7 hours.
    Mudah, that sounds delicious, but tell me, what's the point of the low fat Italian Dressing if I'm adding a 1/2 cup of butter?
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    Dinahann.....let us know how your chicken turns out in the crockpot, ok? That sounds really good!
    It was easy and very good. I sprinkled coarsely ground pepper and garlic and onion powder on the breasts before I added the soup (3 cans). Do NOT use salt, though, because it's been my experience that canned soup not diluted with water is pretty salty.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    I'm sure many of you have had this casserole before, but it always gets cleaned up when anyone is over for supper.
    Chicken-Dressing Casserole
    boneless skinless chicken breasts
    regular size box sage flavored dressing mix
    1/4 cup dry chopped onions (from a bottle)
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 soup can water or chicken broth
    lay the chicken in a greased casserole pan. mix up the dressing as instructed on the box...but add the chopped onion. mix up the can of soup with the can of water or broth..it will be sloppy. pour this over the dressing and mix till well moistened. pour the dressing on top of the chicken, and cover tightly with foil. Bake 1 hour.
    Angelic, I did have this recipe and forgot all about it. Man that stuff is good. Thanks for reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by touque
    Oh Homer, you are making me sooo hungry! I can't take it. Potatoes, Bacon, Cheeze and Sour Cream. Those are my four food groups.

That cabbage beef soup sounds yummy! We Mexicans tend to throw in the beef bones (with lots of meat clinging to them) when we make ours, but it leaves alot to be desired if you want to be nice and neat Your dog will love you if you do include soup bones.

You can never over do the chili power (unless it's cayenne) and for a soup with a little zest, I suggest a squeeze of lime.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Matt I intend to make that Potato Salad when we have our big get together later this month. It sounds wonderful. I also want to make that casserole. Chicken is always good. Now I must copy everything and put them in my recipes. Texi,I never would have thought of the lime but will try that too. qb my husband loves tomatoes any way they're done. The pie will be right up his alley.

That potato salad sounds killer
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I'm here to help. A lot of the recipies you guys are posting sound good too.. and so totally different from the kind of food I am used to eating. It's amazing the regional differences in food.. from West Coast of Canada to Southern parts of America, to Texas.. you can see a very distinct change in the way food is prepaired and what ingredients are used etc.. interesting.

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    I have decided to share my cheesecake recipe here!
    This cheesecake is very well worth the time and calories!
    I'm making it tonight for my Aunt and Uncle who is coming tomorrow. So I will get a few pictures up to show you people what a super homemade cheesecake is

All recipes in American units for your benefit.

AR Boy's Caramel (or butter) Brownie Cheesecake

--BASE--
    Brownie Mix (Betty Crocker is better) or your own home made brownie mix (best). Eggs, water and oil required as box says or if making it homemade, your way. Always works best with one egg only.

Put about 1/4 inch (or 1/2 inch if you like thick bases) of brownie in the same pan as you want to have the cheesecake in. When it's done, take the brownie out. Believe me if you don't, you'll regret the mess in your pan if you do everything there.

--MIDDLE LAYER--
    14oz Caramel candies or butter toffees unwrapped.

5oz evaporated milk

Melt the candy or toffee and add the evaporated milk to it. Stir.

--CHEESE LAYER--
    16oz Cream Cheese (Fat Free and Light can be used too)
    2 eggs large (or 3 medium)
    1/4 cup caster sugar (confectioner's sugar in US i think)
    1 teaspoon Vanilla extract

(Recommended with an electric mixer)
    1. Mix Cream Cheese, Sugar and Vanilla together.
    2. Beat Eggs in one at a time. Add next egg in after the first egg is beaten in well.
    --TOPPING--
    For this, I made two chocolate sauces. They are fantastic. One white chocolate and one milk chocolate. You choose which chocolate you want here.
    --RECIPE 1--
    3.5oz Condensed milk
    1 teaspoon water
    1oz Chocolate
    Pinch of salt
    Melt them all together.
    --RECIPE 2--
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons milk
    1 oz chocolate
    Melt them all together.

For sauces, use a bowl over the saucepan with hot water method. Smooth heat from the water works best. I'll post pictures of this as well.
    ______________________________ ______
    That's the recipe. Enjoy all who want to cook this. Pictures come soon.
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

Closed Thread