Closed Thread
Page 2 of 773 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes

I have a crockpot & it came with some recipes in the instruction manual. You might check in there.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I make country pork ribs in ours all the time, season them with seasoning salt and put some bbq sauce on them and let them cook all day on low.

I also toss in chicken thighs, carrots, onions and peas with some cream of mushroom soup, let that cook all day and then make some noodles to toss it with.

Just a plain roast is good too, makes the meat so tender.

I like the idea of tossing together raw food in the am and coming home at night to it being ready, kind of like the "cooking fairies" have come by my house...if they would only do dishes.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

You guys got me thinking about country pork ribs, so I bought some yesterday, and I'm crock-potting them today!

So, what time should we be at your house, John?

I bet you could put some old shoes in there with something wet (like Sprite) and the magic of crockery would turn the result into something pretty palatable.

I'm not the cook at our house, BTW. Totally unrelated.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

First of all, I thought the thread was crackpot dilema. One day I will learn to read.

When we were little my mom made stew in the crockpot. She would take whatever leftover vegetables we had and add it to some lightly browned stew meat and let it simmer all day int he crock. I loved left-over-stew-night! The best! Chili is great in the crock too.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Everything's better simmered on low all day long in a crockpot. And I agree about coming home to a ready meal, it's great. Like the dinner fairies have come in during your absence and cooked up something great.

This thread was both informative and funny! Crackpot dilemma? There's a book in the box, try looking there? laughing so hard I can't breath! I just looked up some recipes on the internet and found a great website which covers almost every foodgroup I can cook in there. Thanks so much for all your help once again, the Fort comes to the rescue!

By the way, I am making sausage, potatoes, onions and tomato pieces in there for dinner tonight I will let you know how it turns out and I think I will just tell the kids it is called Sausage Blah Blah because I just threw everything in there but the kitchen sink!

I love crockpot cooking! Here's a good chicken recipe...

*3-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    *Garlic, chopped
    *Black pepper, ground
    *Swiss cheese, sliced
    *Cream of mushroom soup, or roasted garlic cream of mushroom soup, (Standard size can, do not use reduced fat soup)
    *¼ cup milk
    *1 regular sized box of Stove Top Stuffing, (mushroom & onion is really good, just don’t use the one with wild rice in it…the rice stays hard!!! Sooooooo…are you laughing with me or at me?)
    *1 stick of butter, melted

Chicken may be cut into bite size pieces or left whole. Coat the chicken on all sides with as much garlic as desired. Place chicken in the crock pot. Grind a little black pepper over the chicken. Cover the chicken with a layer of sliced swiss cheese. In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine ¼ cup milk with soup. Pour/spoon soup mixture evenly over the swiss cheese. Mix together the dry stuffing with the enclosed seasoning packet. Pour the stuffing mix evenly over the soup mixture. Pour the melted butter evenly over the stuffing mix.

Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 7-9 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.

*Tip 1: Do not use any salt
    *Tip 2: The recipe works with 3, 4, 5, or 6 chicken breasts, you will not need to adjust quantities of the other ingredients.

**Variation:
    Substitute Shallots for the garlic, cream of asparagus for the cream of mushroom, cheddar cheese for the swiss cheese, and use Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing Mix.
    (YUM)
    I’m haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Closed Thread