Closed Thread

Thread: Recipes

I tried to make pralines last week. They came out totally disgusting.
    "Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered..."

~Thomas Paine~

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    Here's the Lemon Whippersnappers recipe:

Recipes
    Just wanted to say thanks to roseskid for sharing the recipe. I made a batch to take to work and they were a big hit. So I made two more batches to share with my family.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    This is good; my sister and I modified a recipe from the Midori bottle while we were on a camping trip. In honor of the color and the occasion, we call it "bug blood"". Be careful about drinking too much of this.

Bug Blood

1 1/2 oz. Midori
    1 1/2 oz. Bacardi Dark Special or Bacardi Dark Rum
    6-8 oz Pineapple juice.

Shake it up and serve it on rocks
    Thanks for this one, too, queenb! This one I used for myself!

Premium Member
    Back to chopping onions again... I just watched a show on foodnet and she said if you store the whole onion in the freezer and chop it frozen you won't cry. I've stored chopped onion in the freezer but I've never heard of freezing it before choppping. Worth a try I guess.

(Marleybone, I love your av. ) I have bought some strong onions lately, so I'm game to try chopping frozen onions...this sounds like a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by anemone View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to roseskid for sharing the recipe. I made a batch to take to work and they were a big hit. So I made two more batches to share with my family.
    You're welcome, Anemone. Like I've said before, it's from my mother (the Rose, in Roseskid ), but where she got it, I'm not sure. I love lemon-anything, but these cookies are extra good.
    Last edited by roseskid; 12-28-2005 at 05:53 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid View Post
    I love lemon-anything, but these cookies are extra good.
    Roseskid, I tried to do your recipe, but you specified lemon cake mix, no poudding and I couldn't find any without the poudding at the grocery store. Is there a reason why it has to be without poudding?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    Roseskid, I tried to do your recipe, but you specified lemon cake mix, no poudding and I couldn't find any without the poudding at the grocery store. Is there a reason why it has to be without poudding?
    I'm not sure exactly why it is, maybe they spread out too much if it has the pudding? I'll look the next time I'm in the grocery store to make sure it doesn't have pudding, but I think I've used the Betty Crocker with great success:

Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Anyone have any good snack ideas for New Years Eve on a budget?

Good old ham rollups are a favorite here
    (slice of deli ham, smeared with cream cheese, green onion, roll and slice).
    Tortilla chips and salsa- always a popular choice.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid View Post
    (Marleybone, I love your av. )
    Thank you dear!

I posted yesterday in the "what are you eating or drinking right now" thread that I was having some Cinnamon Jello salad, and somebody (I think it was misskitty) was curious about the recipe so here it is:

CINNAMON JELLO SALAD

1 small box Cherry Jello
    1 cup hot water
    1/4 cup Cinnamon Red Hot candy
    1/2 cup boiling water
    1 cup chopped, peeled apples
    1 cup chopped celery
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Pour 1/2 cup boiling water over red hot candy, set aside until dissolved. Pour 1 cup hot water over jello and stir until jello is dissolved. Add enough water to cinnamon water to equal 1 cup liquid, and then add to jello. Place jello in refrigerator and when almost set add apples, celery and walnuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Back to chopping onions again... I just watched a show on foodnet and she said if you store the whole onion in the freezer and chop it frozen you won't cry. I've stored chopped onion in the freezer but I've never heard of freezing it before choppping. Worth a try I guess.
    One thing I've tried that's worked for me is rinsing both the knife and the onion [after peeling the outer skin] in cold water before chopping. I haven't cried since using this method.
    "Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered..."

~Thomas Paine~

Closed Thread