Closed Thread

Thread: Recipes

Wow, that potato chowder recipe looks great, Lambikins. I look forward to trying it when my daughter comes home from college next week.

I finally started my Christmas cookie baking today, and knocked out 200 cookies with Mr. Rose's help (he washed measuring cups, bowls, etc...it was GRAND, and we had a really fun time...really ). When we got to the Lemon Whippersnappers, I was immediately reminded of how sweet all my fellow FoRT bakers were last year. So thanks everyone for helping me keep my mom's love of baking alive.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid View Post
    I finally started my Christmas cookie baking today, and knocked out 200 cookies with Mr. Rose's help (he washed measuring cups, bowls, etc...it was GRAND, and we had a really fun time...really ). When we got to the Lemon Whippersnappers, I was immediately reminded of how sweet all my fellow FoRT bakers were last year. So thanks everyone for helping me keep my mom's love of baking alive.
    Hi Roses! I also made a batch of Lemon Whippersnappers last night, and they are even more delicious than I remembered! Thanks again for sharing your mom's special recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid View Post
    I did most of my Christmas baking today as well, and I made some cookies from recipes that I got off the FORT and it just reminded me of how much fun the baking thread was last year. I also knocked out about 200+ cookies, if would have been divine to a Mr Yardgnome to help, but alas I am not married, or dating anyone so all the fun was mine to have alone. Tomorrow is my favorite part of Christmas baking, the frosting and decorating of all the sugar and gingerbread cookies!

I have a question for all the fellow FORT bakers. Do you ever ship your cookies to others, what is the best way to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by yardgnome77 View Post
    I also knocked out about 200+ cookies, if would have been divine to a Mr Yardgnome to help, but alas I am not married, or dating anyone so all the fun was mine to have alone.
    I cooked alone for many, many years, YG, so I know all too well the art of doing it solo. Since I've had the pleasure of enjoying your company, I know it's only a matter of time before you snag the right guy to wash while you dry.
    I have a question for all the fellow FORT bakers. Do you ever ship your cookies to others, what is the best way to do it?
    I have shipped cookies quite often, and have always stacked them with paper napkins between the layers (the tighter stacked the better so they don't get jumbled around) in cookie tins.

SueEllen, I'm glad you made the Whippersnappers again this year , and it's so good to see you in this thread.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllenMishke View Post
    ...I also made a batch of Lemon Whippersnappers last night, and they are even more delicious than I remembered! Thanks again for sharing your mom's special recipe.
    Hi SueEllen.
    Mmmmm. Those cookies sound yummy. Would you be able to share the recipe once again?

I would also like to put in a request for the famous Lemon Whippersnappers. Everybody speaks so highly of them, I just have to try them. I did a search, but I could not find the recipe.

Thank you Rattus for the biscuits recipe. They sound yummy. I'll definitely do them.

Here's the Lemon Whippersnappers recipe:

Recipes

Thank you Mariner. It looks easy and delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    Thank you Mariner. It looks easy and delicious.
    They are! I think I ate most of last year's batch all by myself.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Thanks, Mariner, for posting the Whippersnapper recipe. I got it from my mom years ago, but unfortunately I don't have a clue who gave it to her. But, it really is one of those recipes that's extremely easy to make and yet is really delicious...just be sure not to overbake.

Closed Thread