+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New York is Back!

Quote Originally Posted by KatietheLAlady View Post
    Secondly, how could that white chick be so stupid as to assume that New York is her friend?
    That has kind of a demeaning tone. Actually I think she is mixed, so calling her "that white chick" can only be interpeteted as an insult. Krazy just seems like she's really nice in her real life and is ill-equipped to deal witht he personalities in the house. That's why she trust New York.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

Per her Myspace she (Krazy) is Mexican and European (not that her ethnicity matters). I think she's lovely a young woman.
    Last edited by MsMamba; 09-18-2006 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer83 View Post
    That has kind of a demeaning tone. Actually I think she is mixed, so calling her "that white chick" can only be interpeteted as an insult. Krazy just seems like she's really nice in her real life and is ill-equipped to deal witht he personalities in the house. That's why she trust New York.

Oh yeah, everything has to be "racist" right? Jeez Luis, give me a break. I didn't know her name so I referred to her as "the white chick." I'm white myself and I wouldn't find it racist.

Quote Originally Posted by KatietheLAlady View Post
    Oh yeah, everything has to be "racist" right? Jeez Luis, give me a break. I didn't know her name so I referred to her as "the white chick." I'm white myself and I wouldn't find it racist.
    Not racist, just insensitive. She is mixed and I gurantee you SHE would be offended if you called her "that white chick", for the simple fact that she is not white. She has been called that on the show by the other contestants...listen to the tone in their voice when they say it...it is NOT a compliment.
    Last edited by gamer83; 09-19-2006 at 01:58 PM.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

Quote Originally Posted by gamer83 View Post
    Not racist, just insensitive. She is mixed and I gurantee you SHE would be offended if you called her "that white chick", for the simple fact that she is not white. She has been called that on the show by the other contestants...listen to the tone in their voice when they say it...it is NOT a compliment.

People are too damn sensitive nowdays. Who in the hell cares? Would it be better if I called her a "whore," who wanted to take flav for all he was worth?

By the way, I was a big Janelle fan too. I was so pissed when she didn't win!

FORT Fogey
    I dont think calling her that white chick is demeaning unless I thought being white was a bad thing and I dont. She may be two different races (biracial) but at least one of her races is white and that is the race she appears to be on the outside( and race is just the way u look, thats IT, its only outside appearance) so that is what I think when I see her, white woman. A very pretty white woman but white woman nontheless. She is the only non black woman left therefore obviously people are gonna refer to her as "the white girl" to distinguish her from the others which isnt a bad thing at all. Geez people are way too sensitive.
    Jessica

Quote Originally Posted by Flipsideboy90 View Post
    she looked like a drag queen to me
    I agree, especially in the first season. I think since they've lightened her hair she looks a little softer...but not by very much
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81 View Post
    I dont think calling her that white chick is demeaning unless I thought being white was a bad thing and I dont. She may be two different races (biracial) but at least one of her races is white and that is the race she appears to be on the outside( and race is just the way u look, thats IT, its only outside appearance) so that is what I think when I see her, white woman. A very pretty white woman but white woman nontheless. She is the only non black woman left therefore obviously people are gonna refer to her as "the white girl" to distinguish her from the others which isnt a bad thing at all. Geez people are way too sensitive.

Thank you Caramel. That was the concept I was trying to get across. I did not mean "White girl," in an insensitive or demeaning manner.

FORT Newbie
    WoW! I thought it was just me. New York looked so much better last season. She looked so "stressed" the other night at eliminations. Like Dang! What is really going on?

yea she looked a mess at the last elimination with thee side ponytail just looking messy

+ Reply to Thread