+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 8/6 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    Does anyone remember the name of the girl that had recently been saved and spoke in tongues? Thanks

GoJames&Chelsia! MozzerellaStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whales View Post
    Does anyone remember the name of the girl that had recently been saved and spoke in tongues? Thanks

her Flav name is Hood. I have no clue about her real name

I didn't think this was anywhere near as funny as last season. These girls are trying too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by antmANNfan View Post
    I didn't think this was anywhere near as funny as last season. These girls are trying too hard.
    You're kidding right. This first episode alone has surpassed every ep last season in craziness expect for maybe the pumkin spitting on NY ep.
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

Quote Originally Posted by gamer83 View Post
    You're kidding right. This first episode alone has surpassed every ep last season in craziness expect for maybe the pumkin spitting on NY ep.
    Just watching Saaphyri (sp?) cussin' and prayin', the early antics of Sumthin', the contestant with the Mike Tyson lisp, and that chick, Buckwild, alone - in the first ep - showed me all shades of CRAZAY...... And, there are how many more eps to go? Guess I'd better hold on to my seat, eh?

I can tell that this show is already over the top, and the "Ewww..." factor is gonna be high. Shoot, Flav is already calling himself a pimp. Many of the gals this season are plainly acting like 'ho's, straight out the gate - video or otherwise. Yet, I just can't look away.

Cat

FORT Fogey
    me too, i believe they are trying too hard.

No I'm not kidding. I didn't even laugh. I'm disappointed because I really liked the first season but I don't plan on watching anymore of this one. Hope you all enjoy so obvious fake reality though.

Quote Originally Posted by antmANNfan View Post
    I agree 100%. My personal opinion of this season is that it is all completely one hundred percent scripted and casted. The whole thing is way over the top (the bed fight, the "DUMP" on the stairs, the "wasted" chick, etc.) It was all scripted and cast. I'm not sure I'll watch again. I just didn't buy any of it. Everything was a little over the top for me to buy one second of it. Plus, that man is the singularly least attractive man EVER!!! (Picturing myself fawning over "Flav"............. "Oh Flav, your spindly arms and perfect eating habits !.....Oh, and your breathtaking horns of love that you proudly wear upon your weave! I can barely keep my thongs in place!"

Yeah. I'm just jealous.
    Go Tigers!

I think this year the ladies(ahem) definitely want to bring more drama to the show to top last season. I still enjoyed it though, I dont take it seriously. Although imaging Flav making out with Somthing churns my stomach, ew.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaase View Post
    I think this year the ladies(ahem) definitely want to bring more drama to the show to top last season. I still enjoyed it though, I dont take it seriously. ...
    Hey, those, uh, "ladies" were most likely hired with the aim of bringing more drama to the current season. After all, VH-1 was riding high, in the wake of the "best ever" ratings that Flavor of Love 1 brought to that network. Now, it seems only natural that the PTB behind the show want to "push the envelope" even further this season, in its quest to build on that momentum/following, keep those high ratings, etc.

Please note that I said, "hired", since I believe that was the case THIS time out, as well as last season, WRT the candidates chosen to "compete" for the title of Flav's lady love. And, I thought that this show was scripted and cast last season, just as it is during this one. IMHO, the only difference between then and now is that aspect of the show seems more obvious, i.e., upfront, from the beginning. And, in this current crop of "Flavorettes" (so to speak), the gals who might be real whores are showing their true colors, earlier on. So, for example, those with their brightest "freak flags" are flyin' them pretty high, straight out the gate, as of Ep. 1. As such, and in my opinion, all of that is the stuff that comprises the so-called "reality" of this show.

That said, I, too, enjoyed this ep, like you (with the exception of Sumthin's "poop" activity -- an all-time "Ewww"!), mainly 'cause I don't take it seriously, and, also, I have a sort of twisted, yet objectively curious, fascination with the lengths that folks will go, just to be seen (and get attention) on "reality" TV, these days. And, after all, isn't the production company behind the show called, "Mindless Entertainment"? Hey, it IS what it IS, as far as I'm concerned...

Cat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast