+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 6/24/07 - finale

Re: 6/24/07 - finale

Well done, Mo'Nique, well done

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;2458420;
    As for Saaphyri's comments at the end, those are recorded on a regular basis. She never talked about actually being the winner. She talked about being a diamond in the rough princess.

While, yes, I'm sure SOME are recorded on a regular basis throughout the show, not all are. If you paid attention to their hair, clothes and where the interviewees were sitting, some were definitely filmed after the end of production because there were clips from interviews that aired early on where things (hair, setting etc.) were IDENTICAL to interviews with references to later on occurances.

An example- in the episode where Brooke got expelled. There is a clip at the end where Mo calls Brooke's behaviors slutacious/whore-like and she said (in third person) "Monique, how can you laugh at that? Because Dammit it's funny!" That clip had Mo in a pink suit (or suit jacket) and curled hair. In the finale, she is seen filmed (talking about why she picked Saaphyri as the winner) in the very same spot, wearing the same thing with the same 'do as the Brooke comments. It is very obviously the same post-filming interview. Cast members are often called back during post-production to do "what were you thinking when ____ happened?" interviews (or even to re-record fuzzy/mumbled dialogue) and it's edited into the particular episode to look like the interview just happened. If you watch during the marathons, you'll notice a LOT of these interviews were identical to others.

For the record, though... this Saaphyri thing, with the pink hair interviews talking about the makeover that was supposedly complete, was driving me CRAZY! I've started to wonder if they actually put a wig on her for the makeover. It LOOKED like it could be a wig but they showed her pink extensions sitting on a table so I just really don't know!

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by talula;2459886;
    ....For the record, though... this Saaphyri thing, with the pink hair interviews talking about the makeover that was supposedly complete, was driving me CRAZY! I've started to wonder if they actually put a wig on her for the makeover. It LOOKED like it could be a wig but they showed her pink extensions sitting on a table so I just really don't know!
    Yeah, all the manipulation in the world might apply, but couldn't they just try to make it look real? That interview flaw is still bugging me (okay tell me to get a life now )

I guess VH1's budget is small. But their shows sure can be fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456