+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 6/24/07 - finale

FORT Fanatic

Re: 6/24/07 - finale

That was a surprise. (not Saaphyri winning) But I was touched, I was crying my eyes out. I couldn't believe how beautiful that was.

Hopefully it'll all stay with them

As for Saaphyri's comments at the end, those are recorded on a regular basis. She never talked about actually being the winner. She talked about being a diamond in the rough princess.

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;2458420;
    As for Saaphyri's comments at the end, those are recorded on a regular basis. She never talked about actually being the winner. She talked about being a diamond in the rough princess.
    I could have sworn though that she was forgiving Shay in the interview in reference to their speeches. I have no idea.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;2458546;
    I could have sworn though that she was forgiving Shay in the interview in reference to their speeches. I have no idea.
    I thought I heard all that, too.

Okay Okay so I finally caught the full episode. I forgot Saaphyri still had her old weave during the speeches, but then she started talking about her makeover and mentioned her new weave, with her old weave still on her head!

Either it's really good editing where they took 900 bits and pieces of words and put them together, or they had her pretend she had already gotten her makeover so as to not "surprise" the viewers so soon w/ her new look. Again, I have no idea.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Anyone think that Saaphyri going over and hugging Shay helped her win the dough?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;2458665;
    Saaphyri still had her old weave during the speeches, but then she started talking about her makeover and mentioned her new weave, with her old weave still on her head!
    Yes, yes, thank you! I thought I was going crazy. Or maybe we both are. Now we need an explanation.

Personally, I think Leilene should have won the money because she really did do what the school was about. She found self confidence and grew as a person. Saaphyri won not because of personal growth, cause it never seemed that she got any of the lessons, but because of the pity factor. In the long run Leilene opened up some opportunities for herself and will probably do more with her life and for her children's lives then Saaphyri will with the $50,000. I do hope someone explains to Saaphyri that she need to pay the IRS and will only get about $32,500 and that is not even paying the state income tax on that money. Still I hope she can find a condo or make a down payment on a townhouse with the prize. Still I wonder if she will even be able to keep the house as she has shown she will spend all her rent money on a pair of boots. Now, it can be very hard to evict a tenet but the bank really does not like it when you miss a mortagage payment. Good luck to her. I really hope we get a good update on what she did with the cash during the reunion.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2459001;
    Personally, I think Leilene should have won the money because she really did do what the school was about.
    While the result...felt good, I agree with you. And actually, the representation they're getting for her (is it for modeling? I didn't quite catch that) will probably be worth way more than the cash. I don't think Saaphyri will be getting much of a career out of this, but Leilene has a good chance.

I like that Goldie got a boost, too. It's okay that the real prizes weren't about the cash, kinda like Celebrity Fit Club.

(But $50,000, less taxes, was a pretty cheap prize for a reality series not about celebs.)

Personally, I think Leilene should have won the money because she really did do what the school was about. She found self confidence and grew as a person. Saaphyri won not because of personal growth, cause it never seemed that she got any of the lessons, but because of the pity factor. In the long run Leilene opened up some opportunities for herself and will probably do more with her life and for her children's lives then Saaphyri will with the $50,000. I do hope someone explains to Saaphyri that she need to pay the IRS and will only get about $32,500 and that is not even paying the state income tax on that money. Still I hope she can find a condo or make a down payment on a townhouse with the prize. Still I wonder if she will even be able to keep the house as she has shown she will spend all her rent money on a pair of boots. Now, it can be very hard to evict a tenet but the bank really does not like it when you miss a mortagage payment. Good luck to her. I really hope we get a good update on what she did with the cash during the reunion.
    I think Saaphyri and her money will be fine. I have a friend just like her. My friend would take at times the little money she had an blow it on something that made her feel good. When my friend actually came into money she has used it wisely and values it more. Saaphyri will be fine and so will leilene.

. . .I do hope someone explains to Saaphyri that she need to pay the IRS and will only get about $32,500 and that is not even paying the state income tax on that money. . .
    I wouldn't be surprised if she became cellmates with Richard Hatch.
    Still I hope she can find a condo or make a down payment on a townhouse with the prize.
    With the after-tax amount? Not in SoCal, unless she moves to some godforsaken place like Hemet or Barstow -- and that would be a stretch.
    Still I wonder if she will even be able to keep the house as she has shown she will spend all her rent money on a pair of boots. Now, it can be very hard to evict a tenet . . .
    It's not that hard to evict a tenant here -- California law is very much on the side of the landlord. And with all the people who bought homes with subprime loans (I can't see Lip Chap qualifying for anything else) defaulting on their mortgages, there are a lot of foreclosures around here.

The only thing that Lip Chap learned at Charm School is how to be even more manipulative than she was at the start. I seriously doubt that she picked up any useful skills with regard to money management. Maybe Leilene can sell Lip Chap some old costumes and her stripper pole. . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast