+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 6/24/07 - finale

Re: 6/24/07 - finale

CA state income tax is usually withheld from the prize money, but it's not a huge percentage. Federal income tax, however, is close to 50 percent, and may or may not be immediately withheld (if not, it'll be due come April). So that leaves her with about $25K. With her credit and lack of a steady job -- and lack of employability -- that doesn't translate to a down payment on a home. Not in LA at least.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Rock of love? is that a new show

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I was happy with the three finalist last night. Becky was going to split her money with Saph. Leilene was strong and Saph almost made me cry.

Monique handled it well when Shay couldn't chose between Becky and Leilene. I wish them all the best. I think the final three all deserved to be there.

Charm School was definitely the best out of Flavor Of Love and I Love New York! I wonder who will end up in Charm School 2! I really want to see some of the girls from Charm School 1 to come back, but some of the other Flavor Of Love girls wouldn't be bad either...but then again, is there even gonna be a Charm School 2? The only reason I came up with with a foundation for a second season is when Monique said "You are the first winner of Charm School" so maybe there will be more...?

Anyways, I am sad Leilene lost, but least she gets to be in a modeling/talent agency(?), so hopefully, she'll benefit some more! As they say, better to teach them how to fish then give them fish...er... lol

i still say Saaphyri will blow through that check within a week

i think they get paid when the show airs, so she will get it this week

$800 hair + $200 boots =

she'll probably be on another VH1 show pretty soon trying to make some more money

i hope to also see buckeeey again

Flavor Flav has turned VH1 into a goldmine; I hope hes getting some % of ownership in all these spinoff shows since the sureal life

VH1 has became one of my favorite channels i'm not ashamed to say... I have always liked Best Week Ever, Flav's spinoffs, and am looking forward to watching these sluts on Rock of Love and even looking forward to Charles in Charge's show

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2458257;

she'll probably be on another VH1 show pretty soon trying to make some more money

No doubt. After FOL 1, Saaphyri was on Tyra's talk show (last year?) as part of a focus group. One other thing that I seem to remember: When she first came on FOL, and there was a segment where the contestants mentioned their backgrounds and/or why they were there, I could have sworn that Saaphyri mentioned that she had an agent. Does anyone else remember the same?

Cat

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66;2458026;
    While I did enjoy this show, I think it was set up from the beginning that Saph would win. It just seemed all too neat of a package.
    While I was (surprisingly) moved by the finale, I do sense a lot of....manipulation (good word, Ellen.) Still, great TV.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2458101;
    ....Anyone else notice the background music during the elimination game? It had me cracking up. I think was from "Who wants to be a millionaire"

Also, the $50,000 prize was just paltry. They could've thrown in a new car, anything! Sheesh.
    I did notice the music. My favorite aspect of the show was always the sound effects, flashbacks, funny things like that.

And I agree with you and others that the prize was small and that it won't last long. She might do something with her 15 minutes, though.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2458204;
    Rock of love? is that a new show
    Brett Michaels from Poison and a new bunch of sluts!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2458257;
    VH1 has became one of my favorite channels i'm not ashamed to say... I have always liked Best Week Ever, Flav's spinoffs, and am looking forward to watching these sluts on Rock of Love and even looking forward to Charles in Charge's show
    Totally with you there, though I didn't know about Charles in Charge!?

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;2458245;
    . . . I wonder who will end up in Charm School 2!. . .
    Probably the losers in "Rock of Love."
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Well I have a couple of questions:

I didn't see the full finale last night, just bits and pieces, so was it announced that a Charm School 2 will air?

Also, after Saaphyri got her new weave in and won the whole show, why is it they showed her interview segments from AFTER she won, talking about her speech and her win, with her old hair back? I'm confused as to the chronological order of it all.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSSS;2458409;
    Also, after Saaphyri got her new weave in and won the whole show, why is it they showed her interview segments from AFTER she won, talking about her speech and her win, with her old hair back? I'm confused as to the chronological order of it all.
    Thank you for bringing that up. I was confused about it too! Anyone?

ETA: I didn't catch the part about the second series.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast