+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 6/24/07 - finale

FORT Fogey

Re: 6/24/07 - finale

i wonder what charm school season 2 will be like. i think this show ended up very good. way better than i love crapy NY

Perfect example of her money management skills is her spending her rent money on boots (wonder why she was homeless )... anyways best wishes to her; $50,000 ain't really much money especially when it's in the wrong hands
    Hopefully she'll have the good sense (hah!) to pay her taxes first, then buy boots or a weave or whatever.

What a disappointing "winner"!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

lei
    FORT Fogey

Well I never expected to shed tears watching this show!

Congratulations to the final four and their personal growth. Who'd have thunk it?

The finale was surprising more touching than I expected, especially when the girls presented their speech. I was glad Mo allowed Shay to be a judge during the speeches after being bullied out of the competition. She also provided fair assessments on everyone and made the right decision to pick Saaphyri.

The final 2 was a no brainer though, a few episodes into the season it was clear Saaphyri was going to be in the final, then eventually it was obvious Leilene would make it too.

I'm glad both of them came out as winners, even though Leilene didn't get the money. Hopefully, the money, although not a whole lot, will provide Saaphyri with a good start in life.

I wonder when the second season will air? Probably as soon as Rock of Love and ILNY2 is over with! I can't believe how many freaking shows Flavor Flav has inspired. I wonder when Rock of Love is over with, will those girls also have their own charm schools?

Until then, I can't wait for the reunion! Shay vs Larissa. I also hope Schatar gets a apology or two.

Ugggh! Saaphyri's speech was the worst -- poorly organized, poorly articulated, and basically just disjointed statements about "why I need da money." Leilene, however, gave a well-organized, well-articulated speech which fulfilled the requirements of the assignment. Eh, whaddya expect when the headmistress isn't that much more qualified than her charges -- easily manipulated by a sob story and allowing her decision to be made on the basis of finance over qualifications.

Although I was rooting more for Leilene, I'm glad Saaphyri won. I'm sad that the rainbow weave is gone though...

I still wish Schatar would have won... she was by far the most charming FOL girl from the very beginning.

yay to leileen for being a gracious second place. she really is happy even without the 50 grand. i think saphyri is great too, not disapointed that she won at all! she makes me laugh and she did polish up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2457984;
    Ugggh! Saaphyri's speech was the worst -- poorly organized, poorly articulated, and basically just disjointed statements about "why I need da money." Leilene, however, gave a well-organized, well-articulated speech which fulfilled the requirements of the assignment. Eh, whaddya expect when the headmistress isn't that much more qualified than her charges -- easily manipulated by a sob story and allowing her decision to be made on the basis of finance over qualifications.

While I did enjoy this show, I think it was set up from the beginning that Saph would win. It just seemed all too neat of a package.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66;2458026;
    While I did enjoy this show, I think it was set up from the beginning that Saph would win. It just seemed all too neat of a package.
    I wouldn't be surprised. However, now might be a good time (if the statute of limitations hasn't yet expired) for H-Town to lawyer up and sue Saaphyri for personal injury, mental distress, etc.

I'm glad Saaphyri won. But I'm thinking the money is not going to last very long. After taxes and a couple of wild spending sprees she won't have much left. She could make a down payment on a house if she had a regular job but she doesn't strike me as a 9-5 person.

Anyone else notice the background music during the elimination game? It had me cracking up. I think was from "Who wants to be a millionaire"

Also, the $50,000 prize was just paltry. They could've thrown in a new car, anything! Sheesh.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast