+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Do You Think Will Win?

FORT Newbie

Re: Who Do You Think Will Win?

I would'nt be surprised to see Saaphyri win it. It's pretty obvious that Monique has been biased towards her the entire season. Monique seems to always give Saaphyri additonal praise when she does something right ( Interview with New York) and go out of her way to excuse her behavior when she does something wrong. For example, when Saaphyri threw a violent tantrum at the store were the ladies were donating clothes she actually went so far as to blow her nose into a shirt that the store was trying to sell. In real life that would get the cops called on you. Another example was the prom. As bad as Brooke was behaving, it was actually Saaphyri's behavior that prompted Monique to end the prom, due to the fact, that Saaphyri's exchange with Mr. Seashells was in danger of turning violent to the point that other people had to step in and seperate them. In the first case Monique excused her behavior as Saaphyri never having anything and not wanting to let go of her posessions and in the second case Monique excused her behavior as having felt trapped. Meanwhile, Like Dat, Krazy and Goldie were all eliminated on the humble. Especially Goldie, with a lame excuse that she was straddling the fence or in the middle. Which essentially means that she was eliminated for not getting involved with any ignorant fights or trying to take any sides.

Quote Originally Posted by kraigcarter;2450898;
    I would'nt be surprised to see Saaphyri win it. It's pretty obvious that Monique has been biased towards her the entire season.
    Actually, she appeared to give a great deal of chances to Larissa. Saaphyri was winning most of the group challenges and thus never had a reason to be on the carpet

Monique seems to always give Saaphyri additonal praise when she does something right ( Interview with New York) .
    It was actually the instructor who gave praise to Saaphyri for her interview and touted her the best of the group with Leilene doing a close second

and go out of her way to excuse her behavior when she does something wrong. For example, when Saaphyri threw a violent tantrum at the store were the ladies were donating clothes she actually went so far as to blow her nose into a shirt that the store was trying to sell.
    Mo spared Saaphyri in the thrift store challenge because after her tantrom, she sucked it up, pulled herself together and did what she came there for AND the fact that she gave up everything she brought with her.

In real life that would get the cops called on you. Another example was the prom. As bad as Brooke was behaving, it was actually Saaphyri's behavior that prompted Monique to end the prom, due to the fact, that Saaphyri's exchange with Mr. Seashells was in danger of turning violent to the point that other people had to step in and seperate them.
    Mo did not excuse Saaphyri's behavior at the prom. That was the reason Saaphyri was in the bottom three. She was spared only because Brooke was far worse.

Meanwhile, Like Dat, Krazy and Goldie were all eliminated on the humble. Especially Goldie, with a lame excuse that she was straddling the fence or in the middle. Which essentially means that she was eliminated for not getting involved with any ignorant fights or trying to take any sides.
    Goldie was dismissed because she really didn't need to be there, that was the main reason and Goldie said herself that she was just trying to be everybody's friend and stay out of the limelight. That is straddling the fence. Plus, Goldie actually won of sorts as she will be touring with Mo after the show. That will be a gigantic boost to her comedic career.

Darra simply had the gross misfortune of pairing up with Shatar. I did hate that Darra had to go as she was also my fave and appeared to want to change. however, rules are rules and what kept Shatar in the house after the gown incident, got her and Darra expelled due to the picture incident. Plus, they made the less.

Krazy, like Shatar was in her own fantasy world which is why she overblew the hidden gowns. Shatar was using strategy, Krazy made it succeed. AND once again, she was there only to promote her singing career; not to actually change.
    Last edited by madeboxer; 06-25-2007 at 12:59 PM.

FORT Fogey

It should be Leilene if the show is about personal growth. Saphryyi has soften the edges but it still all about the money for her-no growth. But I think it's going to go to Saphryyi.

I think Leilene should win, but I wouldn't be surprised or sad if it was Saaphyri.

If we're speaking from a growth standpoint, Leilene should take the prize. She's really become a lot classier and stronger, which is really what Charm School is all about. Well, a regular Charm School, not a TV show. She showed character by giving up her mother's rings, strength by standing up to Larissa and Brooke, and she has tried to be there for people like Dara or Thela.

Saaphyri's assets are that she's become a better person, and that she's a leader, whether by example (interacting with NY) or in missions (obstacle course).

Becky should be third runner up because she tries a whole lot more than Shay. Shay's taking up space, and I wish Darra was in her place.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

FORT Newbie

You bring up some interesting points Madeboxer. The Darra point is easy to go along with because double elimination was the rule for that portion of the game. I still can't go along with Goldie, simply because there appears to be lower/higher expectations for the various contestants, and Goldie basically fell victim to having a pleasant personality. Not stirring up drama or mess should not be considered "straddling the fence" the entire point of a charm school is to leave and be able to conduct yourself in a charming manner. The fact that she made such an impression on Monique shows that she was further along than most of the others. You don't see universities kicking students of college for being further along than their classmates. Additionally, all of the participants were there for displaying particular problems during the Flavor of Love show, Saaphyri's problems were temper and violence. If you really take time out to examine the show you'll realize that Saaphyri may do better when she's been forwarned that controlling her temper is part of the actual contest for the day. However when the task is something else such as spotting the Renaissance Man or donating clothes which were not contests that expicitly stated that anger management was the goal, she failed miserably, resulting in her really not displaying any growth when it comes to her managing her anger in spontaneous situations. Of the four she's displayed the least amount of growth or at the very least she's tied with Shay.

Quote Originally Posted by kraigcarter;2452204;
    Additionally, all of the participants were there for displaying particular problems during the Flavor of Love show, Saaphyri's problems were temper and violence. She failed miserably, resulting in her really not displaying any growth when it comes to her managing her anger in spontaneous situations. Of the four she's displayed the least amount of growth or at the very least she's tied with Shay.
    Stepping back, you also make a good point and I do agree that she may be mostly third if only her anger management was the issue. However, she is the one who had to come the furtherest to get where she is now. After all, Larissa yelled and screamed and threatened; Saaphyri acted on her threats. Even though some of that anger shows up, she has begun to learn how to check it. Shay, not so much. Shay doesn't actually feel she should have been in a charm school and she still followed the wrong person again. Saaphyri actually is learning and moving. Yes she got a long way to go but she traveled a long way to get to this point.

As for Goldie, you are quite right if this was a "regular" school but THIS charm school was here to clean up skanky behavior and Goldie never displayed it. Her only crime was vomiting after drinking too much that one night. The others displayed anger issues, breaks with reality, skankiness and my personal favorite, slutacious whoring. Basically Mo was complementing Goldie for being a funny yet very classy woman.

Quote Originally Posted by kraigcarter;2452204;
    . . . Saaphyri may do better when she's been forwarned that controlling her temper is part of the actual contest for the day. . .
    Sort of like the class moron who can only pass a test when s/he gets the questions ahead of time.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I think Saaphyri will win but i don't think she should. Just last week she was getting into a fight and was about to knock that dude out. I want Leilene or Becky to win because they improved the most. I want the winner to be Becky, Leilene, Shay, then Saaphyri. I think it should be Leilene, Becky, Shay, then Saaphyri. It will probally be Saaphyri, Leilene, Becky, Shay. Well, may the best girl win.

FORT Newbie

I hope it's Leilene. Not a fan of the other two really.

I hope it is anyone but Shay. She is evil to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast