+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6/10/07 show discussion **spoilers**

Re: 6/10/07 show discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2437560;
    I had the URM pegged from the word go. I guess I am different from most women. I find an attractive man to be one with a job and future. I also find it helps if he can speak more than Yo. These girls are used to fast thrills and low class behavior. I wasn't surprised that none chose the URM. These ladies find attractive a life of drama and being treated like ho's by men. a man that is educated,employed and not drop dead gorgeous is somehow seen as boring.
    I completely agree with you. In fact, one of the indicators of dysfunctional, codependent-enabler type women is that they find decent guys boring (there's nothing to "fix" or bitch about) and they find the losers exciting and attractive.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2437560;
    I had the URM pegged from the word go. I guess I am different from most women. I find an attractive man to be one with a job and future. I also find it helps if he can speak more than Yo. These girls are used to fast thrills and low class behavior. I wasn't surprised that none chose the URM. ...
    Well, you are not alone, MsDiva2007. The qualities that I find sexy and attractive in a man are the same, i.e., intelligence and confidence (without any cockiness/elements of being an a**), a job (ideally, a career), healthy/fit mind and body, and a clear demonstration (by actions) that he truly cares for and respects me, as a person. I don't do "baby mama drama", mama's boys, or any boys, period. I am a middle-aged, mature woman who is not interested in taking care of children, no matter what chronological age they are. I have no doubt that there are many other women out there who feel the same.

I, too, was not surprised that none of the contestants chose the URM. IMHO, the PTB had a good idea about the outcome(s) of this particular competition, as well as the overall "flow" of this show, as they initially profiled and chose these gals for FOL and this spinoff. They were going for a "hot mess" to present as entertainment, and that's what you see. "Charm School" may (or may not be) scripted, per se. But, as I see it, all (or most) of the situations are set up, by design - hence, the "reality". Yes, there are gals out here in the "real world" like these contestants. But, there's no way that I would hold them up as any standard bearers.

Cat

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66;2437634;
    Next week is exam time. The four remaining girls are tested on what they have learned during their time at Charm School.. so sayeth the TV Guide.
    Thanks, and, cool! I remember now hearing about the exams. Any indication if this is will be the finale?

Per the online TV Guide Listings on June 17th there will be a highlights show at noon and 10:30pm.

The finale will be on June 24th at 10pm. There will be a Charm School Marathon showing all the episodes except for the June 17th highlights show preceeding the finale.

No info about the reunion show at this time.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2438172;
    Per the online TV Guide Listings on June 17th there will be a highlights show at noon and 10:30pm.

The finale will be on June 24th at 10pm. There will be a Charm School Marathon showing all the episodes except for the June 17th highlights show preceeding the finale.

No info about the reunion show at this time.
    As if the listings in Hawaii weren't confusing enough...

Okay, I see that this Sunday 6/17 is an episode called, "Ghettin' Phabulous" in which the final four are tested on previous lessons. That sounds new, unless it's a tricky way of saying that they'll show old clips of those four (and others?) being tested on their previous lessons

did they let an F-bomb slip through?

the dvr tapes the morning episode and i swear they forgot to bleep one of 'em .. i'll have to rewatch

anyways... even if Brooke sees herself on tv, she still won't see her true authentic hoeish self

she'll probably think she looks "cool" and having a good ole time

and Saaphyri made me laugh then she drew the plan out on paper for empty headed Leliene

Shay is still alright with me, i like how she just chills in the background and watches

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2438244;
    As if the listings in Hawaii weren't confusing enough...

Okay, I see that this Sunday 6/17 is an episode called, "Ghettin' Phabulous" in which the final four are tested on previous lessons. That sounds new, unless it's a tricky way of saying that they'll show old clips of those four (and others?) being tested on their previous lessons
    Just record both weeks or wait for the endless reruns. I honestly think VH1 is having the finales for both shows on separate weeks. I can see it being a ratings thing. That way people will turn in and watch both weekends.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2438446;
    Just record both weeks or wait for the endless reruns. I honestly think VH1 is having the finales for both shows on separate weeks. I can see it being a ratings thing. That way people will turn in and watch both weekends.
    Just what I was thinking. Thanks

Sunday 6/24

From the TV Guide:
    Flavor of Love Girls: Charm School
    Season Finale
    "They've come a long way baby. The remaining four women display their newfound etiquette when they give presentations about why they deserve to win. They also compete in a game show, before Mo'Nique crowns the $50,000 champ."

so it sounds like the show on the 17th will be continued to the 24th.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66;2440103;
    ....so it sounds like the show on the 17th will be continued to the 24th.
    Aah, a 2-part finale. That would explain things. Thanks for that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast