+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6/10/07 show discussion **spoilers**

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: 6/10/07 show discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2436652;
    What I'd like to know is why VH1 bleeped "ho,"...
    I hadn't noticed, but good question. Are they concerned about an Imus-like controversy?

Kao

Ugh, and I thought Brooke was the quiet one! She was absolutely whorelicious at the party, and the way she attacked Leilene after the vote was simply terrible. What was even worse is she didn't understand what Monique was trying to tell her at the end, choosing instead to only hear the word "Whore" when Monique was talking about her behavior, and not Brooke the person. I felt really, really embarrassed for her just watching, and that whole scene where she was sucking on the ice pineapple...could she NOT hear what that guy was saying about her? That made me feel bad.

I think Monique picked the less flashy URM to prove a point; that sometimes goodness isn't always wrapped up in a fancy package. From the little bit I heard from him he had great conversation, but it seemed like the girls just graviated towards the dogs (except for Saaphyri, who didn't like any of them and couldn't be bothered, and Becky, who talked to everyone and was having a great time). So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;2436838;
    I think Monique picked the less flashy URM to prove a point; that sometimes goodness isn't always wrapped up in a fancy package. From the little bit I heard from him he had great conversation, but it seemed like the girls just graviated towards the dogs (except for Saaphyri, who didn't like any of them and couldn't be bothered, and Becky, who talked to everyone and was having a great time). So sad.
    That's what made it like a trick question on a SAT test. The guy was boring and unattractive. Even Saaphyri pointed out in the VSpot extras that he wasn't actually doing all that well with his career and even to me, he was more of a pushover than the "pushovers" Expecially when Brooke was approached by seashells and URM just let it happen and remained seated by the wall watching the other guys persue the women in the room. I would not have chosen him, myself, if I were them.

I've been watching the show since the beginning, but I didn't really care for it. I guess I was just watching it just to watch something. But after the last episode, I'm really liking it.

Surprisingly, I was a fan of Brooke. All that got thrown out the window after her true colors came out. Seriously: "I thought there was only one kind of guy, the one with a d***." "I'm not a tease because I sure can please." There were worse quotes than those two, but those are the only ones I can think of. Also, I've been rooting for Leilene almost since the beginning, and I was disgusted with the way Brooke was yelling at her. Like Leilene said, she is a stripper, but at least she gets paid for it.

I can't wait until the finale, but it's in 2 weeks. Oh well, I can wait. Saaphyri is my pick to win. As much as I want Leilene to take it, I don't think it's happening. I think she's getting 4th. The previews are trying to say Shay is going home (the previews showed Becky, Saaphyri, and Leilene agreeing to gang up on Shay). Previews usually always mislead the viewers, so that leads me to believe Shay is sticking around.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2437072;
    I can't wait until the finale, but it's in 2 weeks.
    According to my schedule, it is next week (6/17), but at a different time.
    Last edited by lei; 06-11-2007 at 08:17 PM. Reason: to delete wrong info about 90 minute show.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno;2436800;
    I thought I was the only one who was catching that!!
    I didn't get that at all, and it was really bugging me. Then I thought they might be saying something else, but nothing else would have fit. So, I don't get it either.
    Nope, they weren't saying something else. The closed captioning clearly read "ho" (spelled as such reflecting the nonstandard pronunciation) on the bleeped words, but the clearly pronounced standard "whore" was un-bleeped (and spelled correctly in the closed captioning) .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2437192;
    According to my schedule, it is next week (6/17), but at a different time.
    Really? I know Celebrity Fit Club's season finale is next week, and that's 90 minutes. So at 10:30, VH1 is airing this recap-like episode. It highlights the girls' many mishaps (I believe).

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2437479;
    Really? I know Celebrity Fit Club's season finale is next week, and that's 90 minutes. So at 10:30, VH1 is airing this recap-like episode. It highlights the girls' many mishaps (I believe).
    DOH! I hate recaps. And as much as this show makes me laugh the first time round, it somehow would be torture to sit through it again.

Sorry, I saw the new title and just assumed. Thanks for the correction. Two weeks it shall be.

I had the URM pegged from the word go. I guess I am different from most women. I find an attractive man to be one with a job and future. I also find it helps if he can speak more than Yo. These girls are used to fast thrills and low class behavior. I wasn't surprised that none chose the URM. These ladies find attractive a life of drama and being treated like ho's by men. a man that is educated,employed and not drop dead gorgeous is somehow seen as boring.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2437479;
    Next week is exam time. The four remaining girls are tested on what they have learned during their time at Charm School.. so sayeth the TV Guide.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast