+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: 6/10/07 show discussion **spoilers**

  1. #11
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,742

    Re: 6/10/07 show discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2436412;
    That Brooke girl cracked me up at the end, in her exit video, when she opened her shirt and flashed her chest at the camera. It was sooo Kitty on "Arrested Development", though I highly doubt she intended the reference.

    I really like the words "slutacious" and "sluttitude"; I'm going to have to use those in my daily vernacular.

    And OMG, that Leilene. The girl really has issues, doesn't she? I'm sure she wants the best for her kids and may be sweet IRL, but she couldn't think her way out of a wet paper bag. I'm afraid if she won the $50K, she'd spend it all on magical beans before getting home.
    I think Leilene brain fart was a way to get away from Shay and Brooke by acting dumb. And Sapphyri voice would make me want to go into a coma.

  2. #12
    FORT Fan madeboxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Washington DC area
    Posts
    352

    Re: 6/10/07 show discussion **spoilers**

    I have to agree with you on that. She planned all along to make up her OWN mind about who should be in the bottom. She appeared to be the only one looking at things objectively. I also believe that's where Becky got her second best person.

    Brooke was incredibly delusional if she really had no clue how slutty she was acting. I can only imagine what she's feeling right now after the airing of this episode.

    It appears that most of the folk on this show who are the worst is also the most delusional. They appear to see nothing wrong in what they do, no matter how many people tell them.

  3. #13
    FORT Fan madeboxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Washington DC area
    Posts
    352

    Re: 6/10/07 show discussion **spoilers**

    MY TAKE ON THE REMAINING LADIES 6/10

    LEILENE- Getting stronger and appears to be the only one who really realized she picked the wrong man again. MY TAKE: She appears to have grown more than the others and I see her in the top two

    SAAPHYRI-Still a little rough around the edges but quite observant. I had to agree with her that NONE of the guys, NOT EVEN THE REIN MAN, was worth the time. The Rainnessence Man was no where near hansome (and I believe that was the point of having him there) and the others just looked like losers. Saaphyri saw through all of them and picked only because she had to. MY TAKE She is still in the top two in my book

    BECKY - She is just coasting right now. She is moving towards Saaphyri as a friend but still sees Shay and Larissa as her friends. She is growing slowly but I do wish she would lay BUCKWILD to rest: MY TAKE: 50% chance she will be no. 3

    SHAY- Bitter, paranoind, and still angry. She is untrusting of the only person who had the balls to confront her with their suspicions and the only one who felt horrible that she accused her in the first place. Shay is a follower and doesn't realize it. Brooke had Shay hoodwinked immediately, using Shay's paranoia against her and she fell for it. Again she was part of a failed scheme using Leilene as the weak gullable one. At least this time it did not backfire on her. However, no one trusts Shay anymore. MY TAKE: She will shoot herself in the foot.

    BROOKE: She is no longer here but i have to mention her anyway. She treated Leilene worse than Larissa had when she didn't get what she wanted and pretty much put herself in Larissa's mental regardation mode. It was like "Since I can't use you I will trash you" I believe she was as jealous as Larissa was of Leilene.

    In the VSpot Extras, Mo alluded to this as Brooke trying to hide her "ugly" side until the night of the prom and the morning after. Just like Larissa, she argued over Mo, got a bit cocky and defensive and stormed out. The only thing she didn't do was threaten anyone, except for one last mental jab at Leilene. However, Mo pointed out that she knew who to go after. Even though Saaphyri called her every whore in the book, Brooke said nothing to her.

  4. #14
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,602

    Re: 6/10/07 show discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by madeboxer;2436517;
    Brooke was incredibly delusional if she really had no clue how slutty she was acting. I can only imagine what she's feeling right now after the airing of this episode.
    I think the worst thing about Brooke is that she doesn't even get why her behavior is so awful! She seemed to actually convince herself that she had followed the rules because she talked to all of the guys - she missed the fact that she needed to have some class when talking to them!!

    With the airing of the episode I'm guessing she still won't get it. I have seen some clip shows in the past that included bits with her simply because her behavior is so incredibly trampy. They had one on The Soup a few weeks ago from some dating show where she actually checked out a guys "package" on camera.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 06-11-2007 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Typo

  5. #15
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,158

    Re: 6/10/07 show discussion **spoilers**

    What I'd like to know is why VH1 bleeped "ho," even though they did nothing with the word "whore." "Ho" is simply a lazy, uneducated variant -- in pronunciation and spelling -- of the standard word "whore," isn't it? So why the bleeps?

    Also, I'm not surprised that none of them picked the Urban Renaissance Man. Women who still haven't chosen to outgrow their childish, irresponsible, dysfunctional mindsets are going to still be attracted to the same losers they've always been attracted to. It's obvious that none of these girls (they don't deserve to be called "women" yet) has progressed in any real way.
    Last edited by Ellen; 06-11-2007 at 10:58 AM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  6. #16
    FORT Fan madeboxer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Washington DC area
    Posts
    352

    Re: 6/10/07 show discussion **spoilers**

    Actually, I disagree. Yes, they are immature and a bit ghetto but no one's going to learn THAT lesson in a day. They need first visual, then cerebral attraction before the lesson can be learned. They were presented with minimally attractive representations of what they are used to and a trifle unattractive Rein man. I wouldn't have shosen Rein Man, either.

    This is a lesson they should have learned at a club or party where there are a better variety of men out there.

    By the Bye.... I felt Leilene made her point when confronted with her lack of moving from man to man at the prom. She enjoyed the guy's company and he didn't belittle her during that time. The other guys however, seemed to show little to no respect for the other girls. It did, however show how one can be fooled by first impressions and I believe she acturally GOT it!!

  7. #17
    kero kerowyn66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    470

    Re: 6/10/07 show discussion **spoilers**

    I don't know which is more sad..
    Brooke acting the way she did or the fact that she thought that what she did was OK. She just did not seem to understand that the kind of behavior she was exhibiting was not responsible.
    I am ok with a woman who is confident in her sexuality, but Brooke was just skanky.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

  8. #18
    lei
    lei is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dick's Bar
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,398

    Re: 6/10/07 show discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66;2436726;
    I am ok with a woman who is confident in her sexuality, but Brooke was just skanky.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2436569;
    I think the worst thing about Brooke is that she doesn't even get why her behavior is so awful! She seemed to actually convince herself that she had followed the rules because she talked to all of the guys - she missed the fact that she needed to have some class when talking to them!!
    Excellent points. While I try not to judge on promiscuity (though I think her level of "slutitude" -- love that word -- makes for sadly missing out on the finer things in life) I was really surprised too! I mean, on a totally practical level, didn't she get that this is a contest on a show called "Charm School" and that this behavior would cost her?

    This show continues to be such a fun guilty pleasure. I especially love the use of flashbacks, sound effects, and private comments to make points about what's going on. Hilarious.
    Last edited by lei; 06-11-2007 at 12:43 PM. Reason: more.

  9. #19
    FORT Regular Mrs B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    92

    Re: 6/10/07 show discussion **spoilers**

    "slutitude" is better than stripping? What reality does Brooke live in? She is not confident about her sexuality: she is just a broken down disease ridden 'ho.

  10. #20
    Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,964

    Re: 6/10/07 show discussion **spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2436652;
    What I'd like to know is why VH1 bleeped "ho," even though they did nothing with the word "whore." "Ho" is simply a lazy, uneducated variant -- in pronunciation and spelling -- of the standard word "whore," isn't it? So why the bleeps?
    I thought I was the only one who was catching that!!
    I didn't get that at all, and it was really bugging me. Then I thought they might be saying something else, but nothing else would have fit. So, I don't get it either.

    Brooke saying, "and NO I'm not going to spit America".. was just stupid. Her spitting is the only reason she was even on this show. Which means, she is very tacky, gross, rude and a pig, and CS was to "fix" that. Thanks for reminding us why you were sent to Charm School, we can all add "whore" onto that long laundry list of "accomplishments".
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.