+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5/20/07 - show discussion

Re: 5/20/07 - show discussion

Monique certainly knew who had stolen the picture, however NY is coming on next week, and I believe she is giving polygraph tests......

I'm glad the kept Bootz for one more week, that should be a great episode!
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

Quote Originally Posted by yput;2407945;
    I am thinking that the outcome was decided before the show started. It was really fake to me that no one looked at the footage, flavor did it at least 2 or 3 but Mo acted as if she could not find out.
    I believe she doen't want to skew her decisions by using the tape. She wants to run this like a real school and depend only on the group dynamics of the girls.

That said, I have to embrace Leilene and Saaphyri for their selflessness. Leilene for giving her all in order to help her teammate and Saaphyri for sucking it up and giving all she had for her team, even when she felt so hurt inside.

I did feel that Leilene/Brooke should have taken Saaphyri's plight into concideration and figured out that Shatar's congrats were manipulative. SHe should have chosen Becky/Saaphyri to join them as their need was greater.

I believe Mo was correct in her decision to send Shatar home. Shatar had it coming. She basically have been manipulative although the competition and this time it slapped her in the face. Trust me when I say I DID NOT condone what shay/Larissa did to get her off but as Mo said, the challenge was poorly executed and she had history. She also got away clean when she stole Heathers clothes. Like Mo said, Karma is a back biting bitch.

Darra shot herself in the foot. She did not even plan to give very much and Shatar just gave her dirty laundry and that was things she didn't want. To make things worse, Darra had the audacity to offer things she held back and offer them to Saaphyri who gave up everything she had for charity. Yes, Darra did try to make Saaphyri a charity case for the cameras. Karma, Karma. Darra did realize what she had done only after she was eliminated. Shatar was basically.... Shatar

I have a new respect for Saaphyri just as Mo did because her explanation did give light to why she was so angry on FOL2. She does not try to put on airs or act like she's more than what she is. She tells it like it is and does not look for sympathy. I could clearly see why she blew up at the thrift store clerk and shy she blew up at Darra, I also have applaud her when she got herself together and made a point to sell what she could to help Becky, who did realize then that does have a genuine giving heart.

I was feeling Saaphyri's pain throughout the episode when she gave all her things and when her things were rejected as not good enough, her tearful outburst, her deep hurt, her decision to help Becky no matter how much it hurt, the hurt of her pride when Darra offer clothes she didn't even want to give to charity, making Saaphyri feel like she was a bigger charity, and then being passed over by the winners when there was a chance to regain some clothes. It hurt me watching her go through all this and the backstory that made her this way.

Leilene is a very giving person who I feel is indeed the strongest person in the school. She had suffered through constant agression and belittling from all the girls, really and she perservered through all of it. She survived being constantly labelled as weak, beling the last one picked for a challenge, being chastized constantly for her vocation, her mothering skills, being screemed at and belittled on a never-ending barrage of degredations from Larissa and Shay, and having her wins being challenged as secretly giving up her body for a challenge.

Becky was a little judgmental in this competition and at first did not realize what Saaphyri was going through but once it was evident, she saw Saaphyri in a whole new light and realized Saaphyri's selflessness was the only way they were not called on the carpet.

AND WHO DO I LOATHE?

No surprize here, Larissa. I know Mo kept her on, thinking that she's just a little girl begging for love and attention but Larissa needs more than any charm school can give. She needs therapy. She is never happy, even when she smiles its at someone else's expense. She spews hatred and jealousy just all the time. There is even a very strong self-hatred in her that she needs to belittle others to feel anything good about herself. Even her only friend in the house is game for her jealous outbursts. Yes, Shey was playing the snob at the thrift store but Larissa had to comment negatively on that and it appears she will go against Shay next week in an attempt to save herself, She has no real friends, she has no loyalty to anyone, she is just an angry, vindictive, jealous-hearted witch.

Shay is a snob and a go-along. She basically shows that she tries to be a friend to Larissa even at the expense of being brought down with Larissa. Now she's worried that her latest actions will put her in the same negative light as Larissa. I think she now realizes that Larissa is a bonafied socialpath who will do anything to get her way. I believe she realized this way too late. Her self absorbtion glazed her over to what Larissa was actually doing and this challenge showed her Larissa's dark side.

Although Mo did not look at the tapes, I truely believe she knew who might have orchestrated the sabotage and that's why Shay/Larissa was called down. If I didn't see Larissa hide the pics I still would have figured it out, Leilene was so blinded by Shatar's history of theft that she did not listen to Shatar or to what was discussed in the hall. Shatar told her clearly whoever told her where the pictures were was probably the one who planted them there. Leilene knew who that was. Also Leilene obviously heard Larissa lie that Leilene came up with looking between the matresses. I believe Leilene puts 2 and 2 together and that's why it's not over by a longshot.

I Do Seem To Have A Lot To Say...

I just looked at the V-Spot extras and I amd just feeling a very deep respect and caring for both Saaphyri and Leilene. Especially Saaphyri. I mean, this girl cried a river of hurt and pain both when she realized she had so little to give and she cried about that and still she gave it all; and when she cried because she felt worthless when her things meant little to nothing to the clerks, her hurt and pain was absolutely palpable and still she sucked it up and gave it all anyway.

As Monique stated in the extras. Would any of us actually give every thing we owned to help someone we didn't even know?

Would any of us give up a very personal item of our deceased parents to help someone else, knowing it was gone forever?

Monique alluded to a much more detailed discussion between her and Saaphyri and from the little I heard, that girl has gone through living hell. Darra offer was just more than she could take and what angered Saaphyri more was that if she could give all she had, why couldn't Darra?

Darra got it in the end but much too late.

There is a really nice article in next week's TV Guide about Charm School and this website is mentioned page 70 I believe. It is so cool to see www.fansofrealitytv.com in print like that.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kao

HAHAHAHA! I caught the last 30 minutes of this show for the first time last night and I was like "What the HELL did I just watch?" Watching this is like watching a trainwreck full of crazy people. You want to turn away, but you just can't.

As someone who has come in during the middle of things I cannot understand why Saapyri would start a huge argument with Darla just because Darla saw that she had given everything and offered her some clothes. Maybe there's a background story or something but I couldn't see why she was so offended by it, or would call that girl disgusting names. :/

Schatar is...a character. She made me laugh every time the camera was on her. Too bad she got booted last night, but if she really gave her cheapest things to the charity drive and stole someone else's clothes I can see why. Lailene is simply....awesome, and at this point I'm hoping she wins.

The two girls that get my deepest loathing are Larissa and Shay. Nasty, despicable, and everything they called Schatar and worse, because they lied about it. Also, how on earth can you talk about someone's else's weave when yours look like it was stitched in by a blind person? I'm definitely watching again this Sunday because I want to see Lil Ms Priss and her sidekick get their comeuppance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12