+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Smiley/Leilene

Re: Smiley/Leilene

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno;2458287;
    I really hope that something comes out of that job offer that Mo' mentioned. I can't remember what exactly it was (modeling?), but it was better than nothing for coming in second.
    I'm sure the benefits of whatever job(s) come(s) out of Leilene's being represented by that agency will last far longer than the check that Lip Chap will blow through in a week or so.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Newbie

Leilene was my favorite from the beginning and I was rooting for her to the end. Even though she is a little dingy, I love the girl!! lol I am glad that she learned how to stand up for herself and make decisions. She was a gracious 1st runner-up!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by rroyali;2460365;
    Leilene was my favorite from the beginning and I was rooting for her to the end. Even though she is a little dingy, I love the girl!! lol I am glad that she learned how to stand up for herself and make decisions. She was a gracious 1st runner-up!!

she was a good 1st runner up but i am glad saapari won. I think she needed the money more, especially because Leilene got the contract. leilene is a good person and out of eveyone on ther ei think she has the best heart

Leilene was the one who deserved to win, regardless of the perception of Saaphyri's greater need for the money, regardless of Leilene's subsequent contract offer. Leilene put forth more effort and showed more improvement than Saaphyri. Saaphyri's temper didn't change; Leilene gained strength. Saaphyri demonstrated no improvement in her communication skills: her final speech was nothing more than a disorganized jumble of "po' me" and tears. Leilene, however, delivered a well-organized, articulate speech.

Though it can be argued that Saaphyri may have needed the prize money more, it was Leilene who truly earned it.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I really liked Leilene too, and thought that she really truly believed in the 'school'. She is such a nice person that I hope she does well beyond this show. She is so nice you just want to protect her.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I thought Leilene deserved to win. She wasn't critical of others during her confessionals. She was always concerned with what she could do to better herself and worried about how she was doing. Others were trashing the other girls all the time. She showed more class than any of the girls. She also grew more than the others. I didn't see that big of a change in Saaphyri.
    I was so happy for Leilene that she got the job opportunity. She deserved it.

shes a crybaby and a striper. "i dont belive its to late to change" oh man she sounded dumb
    Last edited by Marleybone; 07-08-2007 at 09:14 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird;2463432;
    I thought Leilene deserved to win. She wasn't critical of others during her confessionals. She was always concerned with what she could do to better herself and worried about how she was doing. Others were trashing the other girls all the time. She showed more class than any of the girls. She also grew more than the others. I didn't see that big of a change in Saaphyri.
    Leilene had the most growth of anyone on the show and she should have been named the winner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345