+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Saaphyri

FORT Fogey

Re: Saaphyri

I love Saaph, but Leilene deserved it.

FORT Fogey

I agree that Leilene is the one that deserved it cause honestly I havent seen a change at all in Saaphyri but the girl obviously has been through alot and I do see vulnerability in her. A good therapist really may help her. Im glad she won (even though I started to dislike her weeks ago) because she needed the money the most.
    Jessica

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Yea, I didn't see her as the most improved at all! When they were suppose to write a speech, her not writing one should have told Mo' what she needed to know.
    "I wrote and wrote and wrote and wrote..."... "but I did not write anything". What a load of hooey!! :nono For 50 thousand dollars an HOUR (1 hr to write a speech), I would have had the speech written and notarized!

But..she just goes off the cuff, which is just her crying about being poor, not having anything and not having a house. I thought, well wth!?..we should have all signed up for this show then! She didn't write anything down about what she learned, how she's changed, etc. being in Charm School. Which btw, IS what the whole show was about..

Oh well, she won, so I hope the 50 G's gets her a house somewhere.
    Last edited by Maveno; 07-02-2007 at 01:58 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

"Needing the money the most" is not a reason to choose one as the winner of a contest that claims to be rewarding the most improved. For example, if I were hiring someone to work in my company, I would hire the most qualified candidate -- not just some loser who delivers the best sob story about how much s/he needs the money.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Something left me a bit confuded last night. Why did Saaphyri still have her old weave in during confessionals when she discussed how it felt to be the winner?
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

i was wondering the same thing

maybe she went put it back in

Maybe because the results were fixed a long time ago?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

I saw that too and thought that was odd but maybe the producers told them all ahead of time to tape what it would be like if they were the winner.
    Jessica

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Poor Saaphyri's hair was just nasty....it was way too hooker-ish. I'm glad to see that pic where her hair is looking more normal....not going 40 different ways, just like Schatar's. Nasty, nasty, nasty. All of that mess had to be just something to hide behind....like a curtain. The only thing missing was a bra top and a g-string and really big platform shoes.

The makeovers showed a lack of skill on the hair people's parts. Even Leilene's hair didn't look especially good. She would have done just as well doing her own hair. Poor Saaphyri looked like she was 40-50 years old. Maybe that was a serious part of why she was crying. I sure would have been.

All that being said, I'm glad Saaphyri won. It was a hard decision but, unless she moves somewhere more sensible, I don't know how she thinks that $50,000, after taxes, is going to buy her a home. It will give her a little help, but not much.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread