+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Saaphyri

Re: Saaphyri

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb;2457983;
    Hopefully, this money will help her start a new life and she could improve her current conditions.
    Maybe diction lessons and a real school . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

She looked so unhappy in the finale end -- and also looked really OLD after her makeover. All dolled up, you'd think she'd have her head high and feeling like a princess....it struck me funny how unpoised she remained.

Glad to see her get the win, after the hard life she opened up to having...I hope she has the right people around her so to not blow the opportunity.

FORT Regular

i liked saaphyri up until the very end until she collapsed at getting her fugly uggs back

i wanted leileen to win, but saphyri is my second favorite because she is soooo funny. i am not dissappointed that she won at all.

I love Saaphyri. IMO she was the most entertaining contestant, right after Schatar of course. "54th and Crenshaw: Advice" from the episode 1 extras is my favorite V-Spot video, and I still watch it all the time!

In one of the finale's extras, she talks about how the famous prayers she said after whooping H-Town's ass helped her to win Charm School. In some ways I find it inspiring, but its also funny how beating up some girl over a bed can get you $50,000.

She was my favorite on the show..but I wasn't a big fan of her speech -- I honestly don't understand how she claims to not have the money for a home, I mean a cheap apartment is anywhere from $400 (around here, anyways) and workin at McDonalds is enough to cover that rent..but somehow she has enough money for a weave and those teeth? hmm.. I also did NOT like her makeover at all...but on the other hand, I think she was very deserving of the money. She didn't last one day on Flavor of Love and she made it to the very end on Charm School! She did really well and she's so funny. I think she'll make much better use of the money than the other girls would've!

Quote Originally Posted by xox_courtneydee;2458059;
    She was my favorite on the show..but I wasn't a big fan of her speech -- I honestly don't understand how she claims to not have the money for a home, I mean a cheap apartment is anywhere from $400 (around here, anyways) and workin at McDonalds is enough to cover that rent..but somehow she has enough money for a weave and those teeth? hmm.. I also did NOT like her makeover at all...but on the other hand, I think she was very deserving of the money. She didn't last one day on Flavor of Love and she made it to the very end on Charm School! She did really well and she's so funny. I think she'll make much better use of the money than the other girls would've!
    Word! Except LA is hella expensive. Average rents even in Watts are insanely high (property values skyrocketed and they can rent for over $1000 for a 1 bedroom in the worst part of LA). LA rent is almost as bad as NYC. At least Detroit or GR has cheaper rent. I liked her the best but wish she would learn to speak better. That new weave was not so good. I liked Micki and Keith on this episode a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by HelloRaven;2458000;
    Saaphyri . . . talks about how the famous prayers she said after whooping H-Town's ass helped her to win Charm School. In some ways I find it inspiring, but its also funny how beating up some girl over a bed can get you $50,000.
    Oh yeah -- she's really improved and gotten a classier, more mature perspective on life. Sure, a real transformation happened in that one.

FORT Fogey

One of the things that irked me about Saaphyri was how she'd choose to act a certain way in front of Mo/in challenges, yet, in the confessional, she'd tactlessly contradict her, "good deed".

Yup, she's nothing but a master manipulator, and Mo'Nique's an idiot for letting herself be conned. Repeatedly.

+ Reply to Thread