+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Saaphyri

FORT Fan

Re: Saaphyri

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2461344;
    I hope you're joking!
    Dead serious. I think the joke itself is the actual product.

Quote Originally Posted by DarKensoul7;2450204;
    I believe everyone chooses whatever they want to be. Either way...Do you know Saaphyri is from? 54th and Crenshaw yo! She is fun crazy.
    Well said. So true. Most of us can probably walk into any affair and act the way we are supposed to.

We all have a choice on how to conduct ourselves. Becky is a bit over the top and almost a split personality.

I see nothing but REAL from Saaphyri and so what if she was anxious to get the $. She is dead broke. (I have more in student loans and credit cards)
    I say more power to her. She should have her own show. I'm so over N.Y.
    This show was great.
    And I'm glad she won. I liked Leilene too but, was glad with the end.

I did cry too. My daughter and I actually both cried pretty hard and were trying to hide it from eachother because we felt stupid!!

Her quotes alone made the show. What a funny lady. I wish her all the best.

I'd like to NOT see pumpkin (stupid nickname) again ever.

Anyone think they'll be another Charm School? Shaffer is nuts. She'd be funny again too.

I agree with the poster that said Larissa will end up dead or in jail (sorry)
    bad mouth on that girl. She has serious issues. I actuallyl felt bad for her.
    I never cared for Monique (little I've seen of her)
    I love her now. My new hero
    (calling all the girls her babies and she's Oprah) funny lady.

saphyri is the total best lady in charm school, and she isnt crazy ora striper like lieline,she deserves it unlike larisa

whats so wrong with 54th and crenshaw.and saphyri is the only one that does'nt were tacky heels with her charm school uniform.in my opinion she was the only real one there. lielene on the other hand everything is fake with her, her hair,her b*oobs, and her personality. saphyri deserves it
    Last edited by hepcat; 07-08-2007 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmr3229;2465564;
    . . .whats so wrong with 54th and crenshaw.and saphyri is the only one that does'nt were tacky heels with her charm school uniform.in my opinion she was the only real one there. lielene on the other hand everything is fake with her, her hair,her b*oobs, and her personality. saphyri deserves it
    *Sigh* As I previously stated (using correct standard written American English for clarity) it's my observation that Leilene was only candidate of the finalists who demonstrated a real understanding, effort and improvement according to the stated purpose of Charm School, and therefore the more deserving of the two to be the winner. Saaphyri, on the other hand, was still flying off the handle in the second-last episode, and her so-called final exam speech did not demonstrate any of the organizational skills that were supposed to have been learned in the debate episode. Therefore, according to the initially stated criteria, Leilene should have been the logical choice for winner.

However, given that this is a VH1 reality show, it's understandable that logic was not followed, that the stated criteria was essentially thrown out the window, and that the ratings-grabber would be crowned the winner. Best of luck to her.
    Last edited by Ellen; 07-08-2007 at 11:52 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee;2465151;
    I see nothing but REAL from Saaphyri and so what if she was anxious to get the $. She is dead broke. (I have more in student loans and credit cards)
    I say more power to her. She should have her own show. I'm so over N.Y.
    This show was great.
    And I'm glad she won. I liked Leilene too but, was glad with the end.
    I'm glad that both girls left the show with some money and a brighter future, they both not only needed the money the most, but had been consistently the most "real" girls there. Furthermore, they did make efforts to change for the better and while Leilene initially annoyed me, I grew to respect her as she was one of the few sweet and caring individuals on this show.

The reunion shows some promises for these two, so I wish them nothing, but good luck.

Wow, this girl is funny, maybe for all the wrong reasons, but whatever
    And thank god she got rid of that weave!
    Let's list Saaphyri quotes
    "If you keep interrupting my prayers, god's gonna direct me to whoop your ass!"
    "Want some lip chap"
    "What ocean did you get your seashells from?"
    (She has the nerve to make fun of his seashell braids with that cherry-orange popsicle she called hair?)
    "This LA, people got t*ts"
    "This outfit was inspired by brokeness"
    "She look like Pamela Anderson on crack!"
    "54th & Crenshaw!"
    "This ain't candy apple red, this pink"
    I miss AJ!!
    "Immerse your soul in love"-Radiohead

whats so wrong with 54th and crenshaw.
    As an intersection in Los Angeles -- nothing, in and of itself. But one has to wonder when Saaphyri herself, on more than one occasion, used that location as an excuse when rationalizing her instances of inappropriate/violent behavior or lack of standard communication skills.

Saaphyri did redeem herself on the reunion show -- except for when she joined in on the F-bomb/bitch/ho -laced screamfest between Larissa and Shay. Her delivery was more polished than it was during the main run of Charm School (though not as polished as Leilene's), and her statement of desire to help women losing hair due to chemotherapy and alopecia was admirable. I hope she is able to connect with -- and follow the advice of -- people experienced in organizing nonprofit corporations and who know their way around the language of grant proposals. Time will tell if she has the tenacity to grow from this experience and to turn her wishes into reality.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

whew thank God she got rid of that nasty weave they gave her on the finale.
    she looks beautiful and seems so happy!
    i love saaphyri!

FORT Fogey

I was suprised at how Saaphyri looked. She looked fantastic on the reunion. She use to look 10 years older than her real age. Now she really looks like she's in her late twenties or 30. What the right haircolor and makeup can do for you.
    Jessica

+ Reply to Thread