+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Saaphyri

Kao

Re: Saaphyri

Actually, mortgage payments can be as reasonable as paying rent (and sometimes cheaper, depending.). It's the initial "nut" (ie: down payment) that most people have a hard time scratching up. It makes a lot more sense for her to use some of that money as a down payment on a condo than to keep tossing away money on rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;2462790;
    Actually, mortgage payments can be as reasonable as paying rent (and sometimes cheaper, depending.). It's the initial "nut" (ie: down payment) that most people have a hard time scratching up. It makes a lot more sense for her to use some of that money as a down payment on a condo than to keep tossing away money on rent.
    Have LA condo and home costs dropped that much? Her credit cannot be that good for a fixed rate mortgage.

Quote Originally Posted by rroyali;2460362;
    one of my friends told me today that they heard that she was Tyra Bank's assistant! I asked them where they heard this from and they replied the tabloids...so go figure!
    She may or may not be Tyra's assistant. However, I did see Saaphyri on Tyra's show (last year or earlier this year) as a member of a focus group.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs B;2462795;
    Have LA condo and home costs dropped that much? Her credit cannot be that good for a fixed rate mortgage.
    Nope -- the prices have stagnated, and some have gone down a little (which is why so many people in this area with bad credit -- like Little Miss Lip Chap, I'm sure -- who could only qualify for variable rate subprime mortgages are defaulting and in foreclosure) but not enough to where a $27K down payment (the cash that Little Miss Lip Chap will have after income taxes) and variable rate mortgage will equal a long-term home -- unless she's taking pole lessons from her runner-up to prepare for when her interest rate goes up.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I vote that we try to help people up, instead of working on keeping them down. We don't raise ourselves up by being determined to keep someone else down. Let's offer a hand up.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2460724;
    . . . any bets on how many months it'll take for her to be in foreclosure?

Why do you have to be so negative? I am glad she won and I wish her the best

Quote Originally Posted by ejerzeygirl;2462965;
    Why do you have to be so negative? I am glad she won and I wish her the best
    I look at it as being realistic. My observation is that she didn't change one bit, except to get more manipulative. Based on improvement and really representing the stated spirit of Charm School, Leilene, not Saaphyri, was the one who deserved to win.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2462976;
    I look at it as being realistic. My observation is that she didn't change one bit, except to get more manipulative. Based on improvement and really representing the stated spirit of Charm School, Leilene, not Saaphyri, was the one who deserved to win.

WHAT???? I think she completely changed. She was a straight hood chick that would swing on anyone that got in her way..At the end she changed she learned how to control herself. That is a big accomplishment.

Let's see. She was still scheming and manipulative, and her final speech was still straight out of the hood -- no preparation, no organization, no coherence, poorly delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2463006;
    Let's see. She was still scheming and manipulative, and her final speech was still straight out of the hood -- no preparation, no organization, no coherence, poorly delivered.
    I see youre one of those persons who believes that everything should be organized. In my opinion it doesn't matter how its delivered, but more of where its delivered from.

+ Reply to Thread